You gotta love Tweet Wars.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
And..... Mike Silver loves me now.

@JohnMarecek John Marecek
It appears @MikeSilver is hosting an impromptu chat after giving Fisher update. Also appears people struggle to process info accurately

@RamsONDEMAND "The Dude"
False. @MikeSilver said he loves me. I heard it clear as day. RT @JohnMarecek "Also appears people struggle to process info accurately."

@MikeSilver Michael Silver
@RamsONDEMAND @JohnMarecek i love him.
Sorry X, but I just gotta say the following....

I'm not so sure I'd want to be loved by someone who is either a DICK or an ASSHOLE :)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
A few of things. Fisher had a "franchise" QB forced on him in Vince Young, which may be the baggage between the love and the like.

Silver expressing this on twitter could put the Rams on the defensive, since they are tied to Bradford in no uncertain terms, and bring a pretense to the interview before it even starts.

Now, does Silver have any interest in helping Miami? Because the mention of the confidential information sounds like a breach, unless Fisher wanted this put out to see how Kroenke reacts. Assuming Stan cares about what Silver has to say.

Lastly, if Fisher isn't interested in having a stud QB, then I'm concerned about him being a HC stuck in the past.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Nicely articulated Interference.

I believed he was telling the truth, that's my problem. :sly:

Oh well. :nono:

Do us a favor, let us know if there is any fallout from this, besides from me. I am doing everything I can to NOT question Mike Silver and ask him the only question I would need to get blocked. "Do you think you did Fisher any favors, hours before his interview to leak that he wasn't "in love with Bradford", possibly pissing off the team and their franchise player?".
Do it, man. Badge of honor time. Sometimes you gotta axe the hard questions. I have my "Blocked by Bernie" badge all polished up and on display next to my Franklin Mint Three Stooges Pop Art Collector's Plate.
I'm trying to stay clean. I wish you weren't blocked by Bernie. Maybe if you told him you loved him, he would come around. Think about it. :what:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram Quixote said:
Silver expressing this on twitter could put the Rams on the defensive, since they are tied to Bradford in no uncertain terms, and bring a pretense to the interview before it even starts.
Exactly. What an ugly way to start off the interview process.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
Assuming Stan cares about what Silver has to say.
There it is. That's what I've been waiting for.

And no, Kroenke could give a shit what he (Silver) has to say. He's conducting his own interview with Fisher.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Do us a favor, let us know if there is any fallout from this, besides from me. I am doing everything I can to NOT question Mike Silver and ask him the only question I would need to get blocked. "Do you think you did Fisher any favors, hours before his interview to leak that he wasn't "in love with Bradford", possibly pissing off the team and their franchise player?".
Do it, man. Badge of honor time. Sometimes you gotta axe the hard questions. I have my "Blocked by Bernie" badge all polished up and on display next to my Franklin Mint Three Stooges Pop Art Collector's Plate.
I'm trying to stay clean. I wish you weren't blocked by Bernie. Maybe if you told him you loved him, he would come around. Think about it. :what:
How am I gonna tell him that? I'm blocked. You tell him.

lol. SOOOOOOOO middle school that just sounded. :rofl:

"Tell Bernie that I like him, but I don't LIKE him, like him. Unless he likes me, then I LIKE him, like him."

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Ram Quixote said:

And no, Kroenke could give a shit what he (Silver) has to say. He's conducting his own interview with Fisher.
Well, I hope SK asks Fisher:

(a) whether he thinks a stud QB is req'd to win in today's league;
(b) and whether he thinks the Rams already possess that stud QB?

Oh wait, maybe we can just get Bernie to ask Fisher these questions for us. :p

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like this Silver dude. He's got a decent sense of humor.

@RamsONDEMAND @JohnMarecek I love both y'all

@RamsONDEMAND âťťThe Dudeâťž
@MikeSilver . Slut. . >_<

@RamsONDEMAND i know, right?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Ram Quixote said:

Yeah, but you cherry picked that. :oops:

That's where the close to, or Fisher confidant comes in. I really hope Stan does care about, not Silver, but what Fisher may have said. We are talking about millions of dollars (coaching wise and player wise) and a franchise that is desperate to get better. Rams have to get it right this time.

Anyway...I'm done.

I will dream of ways to help repair your relationship with Bernie.

Night.

bluecoconuts

Legend
interference said:
DR RAM said:

Do us a favor, let us know if there is any fallout from this, besides from me. I am doing everything I can to NOT question Mike Silver and ask him the only question I would need to get blocked. "Do you think you did Fisher any favors, hours before his interview to leak that the wasn't "in love with Bradford", possibly pissing off the team and their franchise player?".
Good question.

My guess is that Silver would answer by saying that this is not his concern... that he had pertinent information and that he was just reporting it.

You know, maybe Silver just did us a favor. Because if Fisher either (i) doesn't think he needs a stud QB to win in this league; or, (ii) doesn't think SB is that QB, then I'm not so convinced that Fisher is the right fit.

What's starting to trouble me most right now is that the Rams seem to have gone into this shooting from the hip. SK basically woke-up Monday morning and decided to clean house, without locking up a replacement or without even building a list with numerous potential replacements that one could reasonably argue would be a measureable upgrade over Devaney/Spags.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing out of SK, not at all so far.

Agreed, I'm not liking the previous chain of events.

I get why he fired Spags and Billy D... I don't like it (Spags mostly).... I do understand though.

However, I don't like that he just simply sent out a messenger to do it for him. That does not show that he is fully committed to the team in my eyes... You're blowing up the team and starting a new direction, you should at least have 1- the respect of the people you're firing to do it in person and 2- have respect for the fans to come out and speak to them directly.... I also don't like that he isn't even in St. Louis... He's supposed to be showing a new coach that he is dedicated to the team but he can't even get his in private jet and leave Denver for a few days?

I trust he will do the right thing, but I think he could have handled the last few days better. When you're firing your coach and GM you should be able to have a press conference and answer questions from the fans. Instead we're all left in the dark listing to tweets about how the guy we want might be more interested in money, and doesn't love our franchise QB that we're supposed to be building our team around?

That's a good way to divide the locker room. We need strong leadership now more than ever.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
However, I don't like that he just simply sent out a messenger to do it for him. That does not show that he is fully committed to the team in my eyes... You're blowing up the team and starting a new direction, you should at least have 1- the respect of the people you're firing to do it in person and 2- have respect for the fans to come out and speak to them directly.... I also don't like that he isn't even in St. Louis... He's supposed to be showing a new coach that he is dedicated to the team but he can't even get his in private jet and leave Denver for a few days?

First off, Kroenke does this with his Denver franchises. He has two presidents running both teams. Demoff is essentially that and there are reports that Kroenke was in town on Monday and he did talk to Devaney and Spags(at least that's what I understand from what Demoff said).

How is this any different than the Rams having an office in LA, though? Is KSE HQed in Denver? Is that where Kroenke lives?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
Ram Quixote said:

Yeah, but you cherry picked that. :oops:

That's where the close to, or Fisher confidant comes in. I really hope Stan does care about, not Silver, but what Fisher may have said. We are talking about millions of dollars (coaching wise and player wise) and a franchise that is desperate to get better. Rams have to get it right this time.

Anyway...I'm done.

I will dream of ways to help repair your relationship with Bernie.

Night.
I wouldn't say I cherry picked it. That's why I've been making a joke of this the whole time. Because it's not very important in the grand scheme of things. How many times do we hear reporters speculating or saying things that are "edgy"? Silver's no different. Look at what we're talking about now. You don't think that was the desired effect of his statement?

Kroenke is going to interview Fisher, and I'm 100% sure he's going to ask him

A. What his short and long-term goals are.
B. What he thinks of the personnel that's in place
C. What his philosophy is going to be on offense and defense, and.....
D. How he intends to build the team going forward.

All of that will include Bradford in some context or another. Jackson too, probably. And virtually all the key players on both sides of the ball. We already know that he (Fisher) doesn't like to have personnel thrust upon him. That was a big source of contention in Tennessee towards the end of his tenure there. So it stands to reason that Kroenke is going to ask him how HE would like things to go from a coaching perspective, and how he (Kroenke) can help him achieve his goals. It would be no different with any coaching candidate. Gruden, as we already know, doesn't even "like" Bradford. Let alone love him. So, all coaches are going to have different opinions about him.

Again, I don't like it, and I don't think it's cool. I've been lobbying (albeit for the most part, silently) for an offensive minded head coach or team President. Someone who's primarily focused on building up THAT side of the ball. We have the defensive personnel (for the most part), but we've been woefully lacking on offense for several years now. That's gotta change, and I don't see Fisher as the answer in that regard.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:

First off, Kroenke does this with his Denver franchises. He has two presidents running both teams. Demoff is essentially that and there are reports that Kroenke was in town on Monday and he did talk to Devaney and Spags(at least that's what I understand from what Demoff said).

How is this any different than the Rams having an office in LA, though? Is KSE HQed in Denver? Is that where Kroenke lives?

I don't think he needs to move out here or anything, and I don't have a problem with him speaking through a president through usual circumstances.. But with the franchise in the state it's in, firing pretty much everyone on the coaching staff, and the GM.. I think that warrants an owner to fly his ass down and speak to the media in public instead of a quick page long statement about it.

Maybe it's just me, but that's how I feel.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
I don't think he needs to move out here or anything, and I don't have a problem with him speaking through a president through usual circumstances.. But with the franchise in the state it's in, firing pretty much everyone on the coaching staff, and the GM.. I think that warrants an owner to fly his ass down and speak to the media in public instead of a quick page long statement about it.

You're not alone. If all he did was read that prepared statement, tell the assembled press that Demoff would now answer any questions, and walk off, that would have been enough.

Maybe Stan has a phobia about speaking in public, which prevents him from doing even that, but Demoff-as-mouthpiece just then didn't feel right.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
interference said:

i don't think you read the op properly.

Jeff Fisher is meeting with Rams owner Stan Kroenke tonight and tomorrow. But not in St. Louis... in Denver.

It is very much a two-team race for fisher right now. Dolphins did their job. Now it's the rams' turn at the plate.

Fisher doesn't care about having a stud qb immediately. This is not a short-term commitment. And he doesn't love bradford anyway...

He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Miami is in the lead but st louis is stepping into batters box, could be a hell of a game

so according to the article, your questions can be answered below

(a) yes
(b) no

i'd hate to see the same situation at the rams that took place at the titans - fisher brings in an old established qb similar to collins, bradford then has a very short leash and fisher plays the old over the hill qb almost forever before giving bradford another chance, again with a short leash.

granted, i have no idea what vince young was like in the locker room or the practice field or in meetings but the titans seemed to win more with him than not. but he was always on such a short leash. no wonder he got so frustrated and acted like a little kid towards the end of his stay with the titans.

the new coach must be 100% commited to bradford because the rams are 100% commited to bradford. i refuse to believe the 2011 version of bradford is in any shape or form anywhere close to what bradford can be with the right people in place to help him become an excellent nfl qb.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
kurtfaulk said:
interference said:

i don't think you read the op properly.

Jeff Fisher is meeting with Rams owner Stan Kroenke tonight and tomorrow. But not in St. Louis... in Denver.

It is very much a two-team race for fisher right now. Dolphins did their job. Now it's the rams' turn at the plate.

Fisher doesn't care about having a stud qb immediately. This is not a short-term commitment. And he doesn't love bradford anyway...

He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Miami is in the lead but st louis is stepping into batters box, could be a hell of a game

so according to the article, your questions can be answered below

(a) yes
(b) no

i'd hate to see the same situation at the rams that took place at the titans - fisher brings in an old established qb similar to collins, bradford then has a very short leash and fisher plays the old over the hill qb almost forever before giving bradford another chance, again with a short leash.

granted, i have no idea what vince young was like in the locker room or the practice field or in meetings but the titans seemed to win more with him than not. but he was always on such a short leash. no wonder he got so frustrated and acted like a little kid towards the end of his stay with the titans.

the new coach must be 100% commited to bradford because the rams are 100% commited to bradford. i refuse to believe the 2011 version of bradford is in any shape or form anywhere close to what bradford can be with the right people in place to help him become an excellent nfl qb.

My point was that I hope SK asks those questions to either confirm or deny Fisher's thinking about offensive strategy and Bradford. Right now, all we've got is a stupid tweet by some journalist that has fallen in love with X. So, we can't rely on the "yes"; "no" answers right now, at least I hope we can't.

Anyway, I'd also hate to see the same situation with QB's occur here as in Tennessee. It would be hugely disappointing to have someone not committed to Bradford, and to have to witness Fisher bringing-in some veteran play in his place.

X said:
Again, I don't like it, and I don't think it's cool. I've been lobbying (albeit for the most part, silently) for an offensive minded head coach or team President. Someone who's primarily focused on building up THAT side of the ball. We have the defensive personnel (for the most part), but we've been woefully lacking on offense for several years now. That's gotta change, and I don't see Fisher as the answer in that regard.

The more we discus this matter and think through the various points the more I'm concerned about the direction that we're taking, the thought that went into that direction, and the haste of these moves. Why would we put a coach at the top of the list who was not obviously committed to our franchise QB investment? and who obviously does not address our offensive shortcomings, as X points out? SK had weeks to think through the scenarious and do some due diligence, why are there so many wholes in the plan?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:

I generally agree.

The other thing I don't like about all of this is how Kroenke is not tipping his hand at all about where the Rams will be long-term, it makes it look unstable,which is all the worse when he won't fly to St. Louis to show the coach the town/facilities. Why would a good coach want to come to St. Louis if there's a chance the team will be moving. I mean, let's face it, if the coach can pick between different teams, why wouldn't he want the one with the most stable outlook. If the coach has kids, he may not want to pull them out of school. If it works out and he's successful (and will remain the HC long-term), he probably wouldn't want to have to sell his house and uproot his family after two years.

We also don't have a GM. For some coaches, like Fisher, that may be a good thing because they want a say in who the GM will be. However, for other coaches (especially less experienced ones), they probably need to hire a strong GM first. And who knows about Josh McD and the scouting system. Everyone talks about how great the coach will have it because we have the #2 pick. But if we don't have a GM and scouts in place, that pick may not amount to much.

That being said, I have confidence that the right decision will be made.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:

And there it is.