You Can't Replace AD.... but this UDFA has the tools

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Turducken

Starter
Screenshot_20240531_124115_X.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well if he can make it in the WWE he's a shoe in first ballot HOFer for the NFL.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lets see how long he lasts the first time he gets the wind knocked him or gets his bell rung.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'll believe it when I see it. They'll be lucky if he is a contributor of any kind. Report I was reading said he had never put on a pair of cleats until the tryout with the Bills. I get he's a freak physically but you can't just play pro football if you've never played any kind of football. He'll be a liability for years until (or if) he learns the nuances of the game. Maybe they find a niche role where they only use him in specific packages and he doesn't have to think just try and get the person with the ball. That might work at first but offensive coordinators worth anything will exploit him.

Idk, I might be wrong but history says he's going to not be much more than a trivia answer.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah; what’s a Bills player got to do with replacing AD?

The thread title is somewhat misleading.
I'm also very confused with the title. It has no relation to AD whatsoever.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I doubt he starts. It takes more than a summer to commit Oline stances and movements to memory so that player doesn’t have to think while playing

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I doubt he starts. It takes more than a summer to commit Oline stances and movements to memory so that player doesn’t have to think while playing
Starts? I highly doubt his NFL career starts. Brian Allen was an IL state champ wrestler and played football his whole life. This guy’s obviously on another level as a wrestler but has never even played football. Renaldo Nehemiah was a world class hurdler…. LOL Niners!

Turducken

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll believe it when I see it. They'll be lucky if he is a contributor of any kind. Report I was reading said he had never put on a pair of cleats until the tryout with the Bills. I get he's a freak physically but you can't just play pro football if you've never played any kind of football. He'll be a liability for years until (or if) he learns the nuances of the game. Maybe they find a niche role where they only use him in specific packages and he doesn't have to think just try and get the person with the ball. That might work at first but offensive coordinators worth anything will exploit him.

Idk, I might be wrong but history says he's going to not be much more than a trivia answer.

So basically a lot like AD's combine analysis.

Turducken

Starter
Starts? I highly doubt his NFL career starts. Brian Allen was an IL state champ wrestler and played football his whole life. This guy’s obviously on another level as a wrestler but has never even played football. Renaldo Nehemiah was a world class hurdler…. LOL Niners!
Ever hear of Stephen Neal?

Turducken

Starter
I expect that if AD had left the NFL to fight in the UFC at age 25 and tried to fight top-10 fighters right out of the gate, he would have been knocked out or submitted. But if he had trained for a couple years, I think he would have run through the HW ranks.

There are very few elite athletes his size. Gable is one of them. Whether he can make the transition is anyone's guess, but he has the tools.
I'm also very confused with the title. It has no relation to AD whatsoever.
Sorry, it's about the argument that there will never be another AD so we should stop talking about it. There hasn't been anyone that's come through the college draft with AD's specs. Gable has them. Same size and weight. Both blessed with supernatural balance, footwork, leverage and handskills.

Have you ever seen a DT tackle capable of this?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect that if AD had left the NFL to fight in the UFC at age 25 and tried to fight top-10 fighters right out of the gate, he would have been knocked out or submitted. But if he had trained for a couple years, I think he would have run through the HW ranks.

There are very few elite athletes his size. Gable is one of them. Whether he can make the transition is anyone's guess, but he has the tools.

Sorry, it's about the argument that there will never be another AD so we should stop talking about it. There hasn't been anyone that's come through the college draft with AD's specs. Gable has them. Same size and weight. Both blessed with supernatural balance, footwork, leverage and handskills.
I highly doubt that.
Have you ever seen a DT tackle capable of this?
Yes. Here's a 320 pound DT doing it:
That DT has had a pretty average career.

Turducken

Starter
Well if he can make it in the WWE he's a shoe in first ballot HOFer for the NFL.
The WWE was a moneygrab after years of poverty for Gable. He monetized an Olympic gold medal in exchange for a short term deal to play-act combat (in front of a moron fanbase). The next step to bigger money was either NFL or UFC, but very few UFC champs ever make NFL money (the second contract kind). Other than Connor McGregor, most UFC fighters never achieve eight-figure wealth. The path to nine-figure wealth is possible in the NFL for someone with Gable's skillset.

There are a few dozen NBA players who would flourish in the NFL (imagine LeBron as a WR/TE) but the NBA pay (and longer career/lower injury risk) keeps them away. NFL makes more sense than UFC to someone like Gable - and for all the $ame rea$on$.

Turducken

Starter
I highly doubt that.

Yes. Here's a 320 pound DT doing it:
That DT has had a pretty average career.
I missed that guy, Impressive for a big body DT.

Gable also dethroned a 3x world champion in the Olympic freestyle finals at age 21.

Look I get it, most NFL fans don't follow amateur wrestling. If he flops in the NFL, I'll eat crow. But if/when he hits, I'll be more annoying than the Creed Humphrey contingent on ROD.