You cant blame..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
the organization for trying to bring a championship to the Ram fans and the city of LA. When the Stafford trade went down there was some happy and some not so much, it started out great and with the additions of Miller and Beckham there was a ton of optimism and excitement.... it has nosedived quick and im beyond disappointed about the current results. if it’s too good to be true then it usually is. As a fan im deflated, but as fans all we can do is watch. Sucks like a Mfer. Hope they dig deep and find some chemistry quick.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They shot their shot. It isn't gonna materialise in a Super Bowl, but at least they were ambitious.

Ellard80

Legend
still plenty of football left - right now there is reason to be down. We all are. But get into the playoffs and go from there.

Everything is still out there - we just need to get some positive momentum again.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wrap my Sundays around these Rams.. ive paid for the sunday ticket as long as i can remember, I live and die with this sh*t so to speak and i was so hyped... i will try and get up for the Jacksonville game and i sure hope the players do.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wrap my Sundays around these Rams.. ive paid for the sunday ticket as long as i can remember, I live and die with this sh*t so to speak and i was so hyped... i will try and get up for the Jacksonville game and i sure hope the players do.
I’ve had to let go of the expectations. They can be soul crushing. Teams are always a few key injuries away from success.

But on the flip side we’ve seen teams turn things around mid season and even saw team that barely made the playoffs defeat one of the best teams ever.

Investing so much emotional energy in something you personally cannot control is setting yourself up for misery. My last year going all superfan was 2018. That Super Bowl was painful to watch and thinking about Kupps injury and the what ifs made it worse.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds familiar. Had Sunday Ticket since it came out. Also live and die for Rams football. Not many days in a year that I’m not wearing something with Rams on it. This just feels like we are on a sinking ship , and the future looks bleak. I’m too old to go through another long span of bad football. I hope I’m wrong.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
still plenty of football left - right now there is reason to be down. We all are. But get into the playoffs and go from there.

Everything is still out there - we just need to get some positive momentum again.

It was obvious that Shanahan & Lablanc own Mcvay. That was bound to happen anyways.

Lossing to the Titans at home is uncalled for. Those other 2 games were The 2 Top teams in The NFL & on the road.

Just to add a perspective.Matthew Stafford & his pick 6’s is on him then. Jared Goff was doing the same thing.I always felt better when he was not asked to win a game.

I’m just been thinking about The Rams still winning The SuperBowl.
IMO there is 1 main ingredient & a couple others that will get The Rams there.
Funny as the big picture is there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

This is a good focus for any fan right now. (y)

The season is a journey… and the playoffs are a whole new season. Just get there… and how are you playing at THAT time?

You can be undefeated and it doesn’t mean squat when the ball is kicked off that first playoff game.

Go figure it out Rams!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The offense will look a lot better when we get Akers back. I like Henderson but he doesn't compare.

SJD is more important to this defense than I think a lot of us realized. And man are we missing JJ3 and Troy Hill.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good Lord, are you guys writing the season off already? Have you watched football before? (j/k... kind of). No Superbowl is won in week 12 or 13 or 14... You get into the playoffs and if you get hot you can win it. You guys act like only #1 Seeds ever win the SB.

Psycho_X

Legend
The offense will look a lot better when we get Akers back. I like Henderson but he doesn't compare.

SJD is more important to this defense than I think a lot of us realized. And man are we missing JJ3 and Troy Hill.

Akers would be sweet but even if he plays again this season I can't say I'm expecting a whole lot this early. Just can't imagine he'll be 100% until next season if ever. But him at 80% would be nice to see just not sure it'll be game changing.

SJD is definitely an upgrade over Robinson and I hope we get him back in playoffs but haven't heard anything on that front but I think it was looking unlikely. I think DD is a comparable player to Hill. DD is smaller and better in coverage I'd say but while both are very physical for their size you'd have to give Hill the nod in the tackling department for sure. Our depth is terrible though but hopefully Rochell can shake off that rookie rust eventually.

JJ3 is a huge loss for this defense. All though the way our defense is called none of our safeties are particularly useful anymore. Fuller looks the part but doesn't seem to have much of a role in the way our defense plays other than prevent the big play. We don't really have another safety I'd trust. It's a bummer being a position we seemed deep at in the past.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Simply put, if we don’t win against Jacksonville, the season is over in my mind. This is our right the ship game. Could’ve made a huge statement against GB but we can only hope we make that statement against them in the playoffs. Let’s see what happens.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Simply put, if we don’t win against Jacksonville, the season is over in my mind. This is our right the ship game. Could’ve made a huge statement against GB but we can only hope we make that statement against them in the playoffs. Let’s see what happens.
Beating jax doesn't right the ship, it only shows what we've shown already, we can beat shitty teams.

Malibu

Pro Bowler

Absolutely agree

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The NFL (and American sports in general) is all about getting hot by the end of the season with a playoff berth. I’m okay with the soul searching at this time, just make sure it manifests into a winning team in the end.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I like most here have had a bunch of time to vent about the last three games and the ints, fumbles, pick 6s, penalties etc.

Me personally I think McVay needs to knuckle down on the team and stop this I trust you to do your job and enstill some hardcore decipline. These are big grown men who need a kick in the ass. No reason for a 15 yard roughing the passer when trying to get back into the game. No need or a an offsides on a punt resulting in a first down, no excuse for a muff punt causing a major turnover etc etc etc. These are unexcusable and shows to me at least a lack of decipline and focus.

Please take NOTE - there is NO team running away with this. AZ is the only team that maybe a bit better than the rest. Dallas has lost 3 of 4 and have a big Thursday Night game. SF has Seattle and Cincy on the road (without Deebo) neither a guaranteed win especially a 7-4 Cincy team fighting to stay in contention in the hardest division in football (all teams are close with Balt. leading). This year anything can happen. If we can minimize the turnover and not experience any more major injuries with more time for OBJ and Miller to get aclimated we can right the ship.

Still to right the ship McVay can't stick his head in the sand and think everything is fine because it isn't. I would bench Reeder, move Rapp and Jones man the middle until Hollins come back and I would put Hollins in the middle thus adding another rusher and big LB - he was working out in Denver at ILB/OLB.

I would test out Chris Garrett he did good in Pre-season on passing downs. I would play way more man and put 5 on the DL on passing downs. When they did that in towards the end of the second quarter it seemed to rattle Rodgers to a degree. We need to be a little more crative in our screens and use our backs not TEs for screens.

There are a ton of things we can do, but the current makeup is not cutting it against the better teams so with that in mind and 4 game sample Tenn, AZ, GB and SF it is apparent things need to change.

Lastly we got Von Miller, combined with Floyd and AD this should be a serious dominant force - probably one of the 3 best DLs in the NFL so we need to free them up to make shit happen - when you add Gaines and AShawn we should be able to stop a run game.

So don't give up on the Rams because like I said there are 6 games left and no one is killing it. Philly was supposed to kill Gmen and they didn't. Dallas is having issues. Minny didn't beat SF, but beat GB who knows.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Good Lord, are you guys writing the season off already? Have you watched football before? (j/k... kind of). No Superbowl is won in week 12 or 13 or 14... You get into the playoffs and if you get hot you can win it. You guys act like only #1 Seeds ever win the SB.

I dunno about anyone else.

Typically, I'm an analytical sort, but can border on the pollyanna-ish... I really thought we were building a Super Bowl roster and I still feel this is a Super Bowl roster.

However, I cannot unsee the structural issues on the defense. The offense has issues and we're ALL seeing in stark relief how critical Woods is to our offense, but it's the defense that has issues that cannot be simply fixed with minor tweaks.

I'll say it again...

Morris isn't using Staley's 3-4 hybrid.

Morris is using a really shitty 4-3 hybrid of the Staley 3-4 hybrid WITHOUT the players to do it.

A 4-3 requires a MLB more like Jones, but he's a rookie. Reeder may have the build of a 4-3 Mike, but he doesn't have the range or the fundamentals to BE that guy. His gross mistakes on missed tackles are some HS level bullshit... I mean, it's so bad that I can explain not only the what, but the why and I've never played organized football.

You cannot play cover corners 8-10 yards off the receiver on 3rd and 4. Any competent OC will take that and any competent QB will complete that and we're back to 1st and 10.

And yes, while we use zone, our zone concepts are such garbage that it leaves the players confused. How many times have we seen guys on the wrong foot, going the wrong way on crossing patterns? Well, that's confusion on which cue is supposed to lead to which action. That's 100% scheme and coaching... and that's rarely fixed in a day.

Worse, after 3 straight weeks of doing the exact same thing, including after a bye week when some of the structural stuff could be revamped... NOTHING.

We've got 3 clear 1st ballot HoFers on our D who are still either in their dominant or slightly post dominant playing phase and we can't do anything right. When was the last time the defense generated a turnover?

This defense as it's called and schemed just needs a patient OC/QB combo that will just play pitch and catch with what we give them and they can go down and score almost at will. It's disheartening.

I love this team... maybe too much. I doubt I'll ever stop rooting for them, even if I finally can't take all the other parts of football and just stop following it like I have with baseball and basketball.

But it's not "giving up on the team" to say that structurally, UNLESS THE DEFENSE IS SCHEMED AND RUN DIFFERENTLY, THIS TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE FRUSTRATING GAMES.

I think the mood will be really somber after Sunday unless the Jags gift us a victory because our D is gonna give their offense a TON of opportunities. All a team has to do is avoid mistakes.

Can the Jags? I dunno, but they have this season, so it's not impossible. And other than the Jags, we have maybe the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL based on how teams are playing right now, so there are no easy "get right" games left on the calendar.

I will root for the Rams likely until my dying day, but the Rams this season? I think expecting a turnaround is the hope of a fan, but it's not based in any evidence. There is NO evidence that Morris will call the defense differently or change a damn thing. He's not changed anything other than scheming Ramsey in such a way that it's stupidly easy to take him out of the game now.

Ramsey's being dealt with like Hack a Shaq. It's infuriating and it's super unlikely to change with Morris as DC.

That's why the lack of expectation for any more wins this season... at least from me. I think we absolutely tank because Morris won't change his fucked up, bullshit, horrible, no good, very bad, sucks hairy ass, putrid hybrid of a hybrid scheme.

I'd love to be here in a few weeks saying, "wow, I really overreacted... my bad." Wouldn't be the first time, but I don't recall a time when I saw something structurally broken where I was wrong. Someone can correct me if they feel up to it, but I don't think so.

The good news is that in the middle of the latest debacle, I held my granddaughter (in my profile pic) and I immediately calmed down and I'm just in acceptance mode.

This team and especially HOW our defense is gonna play just is what it is and no amount of having the players we have is gonna change that. I'll just root and shake my head and the outcome will be what it is. I'll be happy for any victory and sad for any defeat.

I just can't unsee the pattern...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is a good focus for any fan right now. (y)

The season is a journey… and the playoffs are a whole new season. Just get there… and how are you playing at THAT time?

You can be undefeated and it doesn’t mean squat when the ball is kicked off that first playoff game.

Go figure it out Rams!

If the season was lost,I’d love to see Bryce Perkins ball out.I think he would be exciting.I’ve seen so many situations he would be amazing.
- Call me crazy,but The Rams could be super exciting.Last season the Playoff run was crazy & stressful.

I’m posting everywhere right now on here about Cam Akers. I also think watching OBj getting his first TD was cool & Von Miller with a sack.

Gaines,Robinson & D. Williams really balled out . Some silly writer write about Hollins & got it wrong.He will play sooner than later.I almost predict this Sunday,but if not next Sunday.

I’m a Rams Fan for Life & post here all year long.I’ve been to training camps & get into the development of players.They come true during the season.I’ve been fairly right on my evaluation.

RR31 & his fumble recovery almost changed the game. Sad of JJ Koski’s fumble.He might have had a chance on that punt Cooper Kupp misread.Nit sure if that changed much,but tough game for him.

Mcvay loves DD21,but he plays in an island & does not press cover.He is a solid backup.

Reeder had a press conference after the loss.I have talked him up,but he has limits & got exposed.Funny how Aaron Roger pre-reads the field.I swear is you turn the QB’s around The Rams win.
I will add The Rams defense beat the SHI(crap) out of Aaron Rogers.He was lucky about the bye week.