Yes, another Johnny Football thread.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
den-the-coach liking Namath:
I disagree my friend...Brian Hoyer is no Joe Namath. Granted Namath had knee issues that did limit his ability later, but Namath had one of the best arms and was deadly accurate. He also had no talent around him for many years and when he came to the Rams in 1977, he was too far gone.

Shocking you would have that move love for Hoyer because if I was coaching and I had Namath and Brain Hoyer I would tell Hoyer to watch how it's done!
Namath has a career QBR of 65.5. His very best year it was 74.3. Namath did nothing in his career worth noting except predicting the Jets would win the SB.

Here is a link to his lifetime stats. Can you tell me which year you thought he was good and why?
http://www.nfl.com/player/joenamath/2521943/careerstats

Deadly accurate? He played 13 seasons and in 7 of them he had a completion percentage below 50%. In his best year he only had a 52.5% accuracy percentage. So no, I disagree with your contention that he was deadly accurate. In todays NFL his stats would probably be much better considering the rule changes but he wasn't accurate even for his era. Tell me his best year and we'll look at how he rated compared to the other QBs that year.

I have zero love for Hoyer and I would still pick him over Namath. I want neither of them.

I did like his fur coats though. :LOL:

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Namath has a career QBR of 65.5. His very best year it was 74.3. Namath did nothing in his career worth noting except predicting the Jets would win the SB.

Here is a link to his lifetime stats. Can you tell me which year you thought he was good and why?
http://www.nfl.com/player/joenamath/2521943/careerstats

Deadly accurate? He played 13 seasons and in 7 of them he had a completion percentage below 50%. In his best year he only had a 52.5% accuracy percentage. So no, I disagree with your contention that he was deadly accurate. In todays NFL his stats would probably be much better considering the rule changes but he wasn't accurate even for his era. Tell me his best year and we'll look at how he rated compared to the other QBs that year.

I have zero love for Hoyer and I would still pick him over Namath. I want neither of them.

I did like his fur coats though. :LOL:
I think Namath is very overrated overall....but, in his defense defenses were allowed to play defense then.

Alan

Legend
fearsomefour with this:
I think Namath is very overrated overall....but, in his defense defenses were allowed to play defense then.
That's why I said his stats would be much better in today's NFL. Of course that's also why I said for den to pick his best year and we'd compare his stats to his peers.
His performance in the SB did usher in a new era in football ball but other than that...meh.