Y'all worried about the refs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I did. Y'all got tons of help. One of the biggest missed calls in the history of the NFL went the rams' way. I'm not trolling, just what I (and the rest of the nation) saw.

Your opinion wouldn't be skewed by the fact that we kicked your ass the week before would it?

dang

Legend
I may be naïve but I have never really believed in NFL conspiracy theories. I do know that certain coaches and QBs know how to manipulate the referees to some degree during the game but I don't believe there is a pre-determined decision to fix calls in favor of one team. If anything - the Super Bowl needs to be fair and consistent for both teams due to the controversy. The smartest coaches prepare their teams to execute properly every play and not let a bad call decide the game. Other coaches think intimidation during the game and bitching about referees after the game is the way to coach.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
The refs have made terrible calls in just about every game I've watched this year.
Doesnt surprise me at all that they missed a bunch in this game, just par for the course so it won't do any good to worry about it.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
First, congrats on making the Super Bowl! Your team, and the quick turnaround, makes me jealous! I am rooting for you guys.

With that said, the refs are going to absolutely freak you guys since there is so much outrage over the missed call(s).

Remember the Dez "catch"? The week before there was a controversial non-call against us when we played the lions. There was tons of media outrage. The refs tried to save face with the Dez call, even though they later came out and said it was a catch.

i am rooting like hell for y'all, but i think the refs will be looking to suck Brady's ballsack.

Are you guys worried?

Yes

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Are you guys worried?

I'm not worried, but cautious because Bill Belichik is an elite level cheater as well as HC and game planner.

He's unusually special and it'll take ever Rams player and coach having a good day to win.

I did. Y'all got tons of help. One of the biggest missed calls in the history of the NFL went the rams' way. I'm not trolling, just what I (and the rest of the nation) saw.

Every team gets "help" in the form of no calls or missed calls. Every week. Look at every message board, including yours, and that's true.

Nervous about the refs?
NO

Nervous about Belichick and Brady? Maybe

Yeah, it's hard to think "we got this" when you are playing those two.

Where was all of this outrage over terrible officiating when the Rams got screwed on a bogus spot in week 9 vs the Saints? That helped flip the #1 seed to even have this game in New Orleans in the 1st place.

Were you a member here? There was a lot of bandwidth spent on that topic. And still to this day.

Pats got lucky Dee Ford lined up offsides. If he didn't do that, that pick would've sealed the Pats fate.

I don't know how the fuck a guy gets set at the LOS and is offsides. Are you paying NO attention at all???

The fucking ball is just a few feet away!!!!!!! Can't you see it?????

If there's one thing we learned yesterday it's never leave it in the hands of the refs

Actually the Saints learned that, not the Rams. lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It just such a shame that haters are trying to steal the pride we have in this team and the play we exhibited vs the Saints. What do they want us to do, forfeit the game? Cuz fuck them if they think that. We shut down the Saints in THEIR house. The Rams shut down their RB duo, and that tard WR Michael Thomas. We were straight up better, despite the homefield advantage and the asshole fans who were blowing freaking whistles in the stands. We will win the Lombardi and will never look back.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Yes Les I meant "we" as the collective of observers of this sport (y)

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It just such a shame that haters are trying to steal the pride we have in this team and the play we exhibited vs the Saints. What do they want us to do, forfeit the game? Cuz freak them if they think that. We shut down the Saints in THEIR house. The Rams shut down their RB duo, and that tard WR Michael Thomas. We were straight up better, despite the homefield advantage and the icehole fans who were blowing freaking whistles in the stands. We will win the Lombardi and will never look back.
the Haters are just jealous Loyal, don't pay them no mind. Their teams are out because we beat their asses. They won't give us any credit but who cares. We are playing in the SB and we can get our revenge on those fucking Patsies. Life is good

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It just such a shame that haters are trying to steal the pride we have in this team and the play we exhibited vs the Saints. What do they want us to do, forfeit the game? Cuz freak them if they think that. We shut down the Saints in THEIR house. The Rams shut down their RB duo, and that tard WR Michael Thomas. We were straight up better, despite the homefield advantage and the icehole fans who were blowing freaking whistles in the stands. We will win the Lombardi and will never look back.

If that had happened to us, I'd be angry and bitter as hell. But it didn't. We finally caught a break. And nothing they can say will take away our W or our Super Bowl appearance.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Hey @Rynie ! good to see you pop by here. We know you're absolutely bowled over by the Rams now (in a franchise record setting rushing yards kinda way), and can't wait to get your CJ Anderson jersey, but that can wait until after the SB, eh?
Not worried about the refs evening the score on us. Yeah they might, but if the game is that close, we should've been playing better anyway.
Saints got all the breaks & non-calls all night except that last one, & even then the officials saw the ball as being tipped at the LOS (even though it wasn't). And even THEN, if the LAST one matters, they ALL matter -- including the horse-collar tackle on our QB that coulda ended his career.
Hey btw ya'll got a good team going, if you don't ruin it in your next 2 drafts we'll see you again in the NFC Playoffs soon. Despite the epic running day by CJ & Gurley we're all pretty envious of your LB's here.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
First, congrats on making the Super Bowl! Your team, and the quick turnaround, makes me jealous! I am rooting for you guys.

With that said, the refs are going to absolutely freak you guys since there is so much outrage over the missed call(s).

Remember the Dez "catch"? The week before there was a controversial non-call against us when we played the lions. There was tons of media outrage. The refs tried to save face with the Dez call, even though they later came out and said it was a catch.

i am rooting like hell for y'all, but i think the refs will be looking to suck Brady's ballsack.

Are you guys worried?

When aren't the refs looking to do that?

And no, I'm not worried.

If we play up to our potential, we win. I have confidence that we're not remotely satisfied with this win. Every last guy said "we got one more win". That shows a different level of confidence.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Are you guys worried?

Nothing new here Rynie. The refs have been sucking Brady's balls for 16 years.

ramdonnie

UDFA
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 4.01.20 AM.png
IMG_8569.PNG
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 3.32.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.16.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.20.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.24.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.29.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.41.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.00.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.06.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.18.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.23.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.48.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.52.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.04.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 3.05.06 AM.png

Yes, poor officiating. I hope the refs can do better in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If that had happened to us, I'd be angry and bitter as hell. But it didn't. We finally caught a break. And nothing they can say will take away our W or our Super Bowl appearance.

That's how I feel I empathize with the Saint fans, their team fought hard, it was a horrendous non call, but you have to factor in other calls in the game as well, the face mask on Goff, makes it first and goal at the one and if the Rams score and the Refs make the call, the Saints have to score a touchdown.

Anyway I would be bitter and expect every Saint fan to be rooting for New England, but that's okay, when the Rams go out and crush the Patriots and put an end to this thing, more fans from other teams will be thanking us.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Did you watch the first 58 mins of the game? They missed several calls both ways. If anything SP cost his team the win, who throws the ball hoping for a PI to win the game when they can just run the ball force the other team to burn time outs.