Xenforo Private node

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

yup, it's working now. just thought I would say myself some work setting up permissions. I didn't realize permissions are only inherited if a node is public, that' was my mistake.

Thanks very much for the help :)

group permissions are really were it is at. Spend some extra time working with those and then its a breeze adding and removing people from groups.

If you want to cut corners, permissions are not really the area to do it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I'm working to setup about 10 different groups, so that I don't have to mess around with invidual permissions. The thing is I have a lot of different forums that are only accessible by one group, and not the others. In addition, there is a suit of forums that are accessible by everyone.

PhxRam

Yeah, I'm working to setup about 10 different groups, so that I don't have to mess around with invidual permissions. The thing is I have a lot of different forums that are only accessible by one group, and not the others. In addition, there is a suit of forums that are accessible by everyone.

It is really quite simple. Set your registered usergroup permissions. That will be your base permissions. Simply build off of that with your different groups.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
cool. i am going to give it a try tonight. thx