"Wyche's World" / Gurley to return vs Washington?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Segment on NFL N - pretty cool coverage on the rams, but then Wyche says that Gurley might even be returning this weekend, and is going to have a big piece on it soon..

News to me

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'd keep him out another week. Don't want him on that piece of shit field in Washington.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Cunningham did a great job for us Sunday and was one of the key contributers to the win, but man do we need Mason or Gurley back. I don't really care which one but I don't care to ever see Pead with the ball in his hands again in a rams uniform whether it be on as a running back or a returner. Cunningham can't do it all by himself he needs a breather every now and again. So hopefully one of the 2 will at least be back healthy enough to spell Cunningham. I'm really ready to see what the Gurley Mason combo can do with Benny sprinkled in and doing kickoffs.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If he's going to play early I think I may wait until at least Pitt so he can make his debut in front of the home crowd.

Plus, we should have Mason next week so no need to rush it.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd love to see Gurley on the field, but yeah, not in Washington. Fuck that. If he's ready to go, keep him out for the Steelers.

If they do decide to let him play, hopefully it's limited though.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know I'm going to get booed down for this, and I cussed Pead live all game after the fumble with CGI, but it wasn't as bad in replay.

He had one run. It was going to be a good run. He had that ball wrapped up like a baby. He was holding it so tight, he even ran funny. He was hit and grabbed, still moving, hit and grabbed again, still up dragging two players, and a third D player popped the ball out.

I'm not making excuses for him, really, because he scares me every time he touches the ball, and maybe he just doesn't have the arm strength, but he also may just have the worst luck of any player on the team.

I will say though that he shouldn't be returning KOs. He just isn't making the moves.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Exactly... TWO reasons to NOT have him debut against Washington:

1) Fedex Field is criminally bad. You don't ignore what it did to RG3's knee and subject your franchise RB's knee to that when he's coming off an ACL. You just don't do it.

2) You bring a rookie coming off an injury on at home. There's already enough stress playing during a home game. You don't add the stress of travel. Fisher is savvy enough to know that unless he had no other choice, you wait.

I fully expect Gurley to be a scratch for the game and Austin to be our RB3, which, as it turns out... really messes with defenses cuz they aren't used to guys like him from the backfield.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'd keep him a little longer, no reason to rush him on a field that is notorious for destroying knees.

Also returning? How does one return to something he's never done before. I thinks they mean debuting.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I know I'm going to get booed down for this, and I cussed Pead live all game after the fumble with CGI, but it wasn't as bad in replay.

He had one run. It was going to be a good run. He had that ball wrapped up like a baby. He was holding it so tight, he even ran funny. He was hit and grabbed, still moving, hit and grabbed again, still up dragging two players, and a third D player popped the ball out.

I'm not making excuses for him, really, because he scares me every time he touches the ball, and maybe he just doesn't have the arm strength, but he also may just have the worst luck of any player on the team.

I will say though that he shouldn't be returning KOs. He just isn't making the moves.

You make a good point.

There are some guys who are called "fumblers" who just aren't, but have that series of events happen and the ball comes out.

I'm really not happy that he fumbled, but I know he's not the scum of the earth. I don't think he survives the cutdown unless Chase Reynolds' injury is more serious than we know, but we'll see. Fumbles in this offense are really frowned upon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't see it.
BRING ON THE PEADMONSTER!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'd keep him a little longer, no reason to rush him on a field that is notorious for destroying knees.

Also returning? How does one return to something he's never done before. I thinks they mean debuting.

Return to playing football, silly. He's played the game before, just not Pro ball.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You make a good point.

There are some guys who are called "fumblers" who just aren't, but have that series of events happen and the ball comes out.

I'm really not happy that he fumbled, but I know he's not the scum of the earth. I don't think he survives the cutdown unless Chase Reynolds' injury is more serious than we know, but we'll see. Fumbles in this offense are really frowned upon.

All true. I don't see redemption opportunities in his future unless forced to in Washington and Cunningham will probably move back to KRs when Gurley and Mason come in, so there may be no spot for him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Exactly... TWO reasons to NOT have him debut against Washington:

1) Fedex Field is criminally bad. You don't ignore what it did to RG3's knee and subject your franchise RB's knee to that when he's coming off an ACL. You just don't do it.

2) You bring a rookie coming off an injury on at home. There's already enough stress playing during a home game. You don't add the stress of travel. Fisher is savvy enough to know that unless he had no other choice, you wait.

I fully expect Gurley to be a scratch for the game and Austin to be our RB3, which, as it turns out... really messes with defenses cuz they aren't used to guys like him from the backfield.
You're alright in my book.
And my book is titled, "Dudes who are okay in my book."

It's redundant, but you're in there, so....
Relish it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, that nickname isn't gonna stick...

not even if you bold it like '51 does it...
Well, what if you pictured this.

I'm riding out of the tunnel and into the stadium on his back, and I'm carrying a rather large lance. Most will assume this is because I'm over-compensating for a lack of sack, but its really just the standard issue lance. But anyway, I'm riding in on Isaiah's back with my lance pointed up to the heavens, and I yell from the top of my lungs (in Dave font), "I have arrived on the back of my gallant Pead to slay thine enemies!!!"

That do it for ya?

jjab360

Legend

Sorry bro, I just don't see it. He's pretty much useless, imo, there's nothing he can do that Benny can't do better as a runner, receiver, pass blocker, or KR. And then when you add to that the liability whenever the ball is in his hands, he's as good as gone.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I'm riding out of the tunnel and into the stadium on his back, and I'm carrying a rather large lance. Most will assume this is because I'm over-compensating for a lack of sack, but its really just the standard issue lance. But anyway, I'm riding in on Isaiah's back with my lance pointed up to the heavens, and I yell from the top of my lungs (in Dave font), "I have arrived on the back of my gallant Pead to slay thine enemies!!!"

That do it for ya?

I just think Pead would say, "Man, Rams fans are CRAZY. You need to get off of me. And where in hell did he get that LANCE from??? HEY!!! Watch where you're pointing that thing!"

Now, if you subsequently slew a Rancor while thusly situated... then, I'm with you and Peadmonster would be entirely apropos. Especially since the best Luke Skywalker could do was to kill it with a garage door...

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would keep him out another week, but it doesn't hurt to let the media float the idea that he is going to play.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

That do it for ya?

That would be pretty cool,right up to when Pead drops you when he makes a cut.:sneaky: