WRs - Unbiased Scrimmage Report from STLramdynasty

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
- STLramdynasty
Smith is no lock at all. He looked like one of the least impressive to me at the scrimmage. Nothing special there to see. Amendola, Givens and Quck are locks. Brandon Gibson is a lock too. Never thought I'd be saying that. But the facts are that he "fights" for the ball more than any receiver we have. He is VERY strong to the ball when it is in the air. He didnt fight that hard in previous seasons, but if it is in the air he catches it. No matter where it is being thrown.

When I was watching the receivers I didnt want to look at the program numbers, I was tryiing to be objective, I kept thinking, "Man, that #11 is head and shoulders better than any of them". In one on ones, seven on seven and eleven on eleven, he was dominant. And you can tell Sam looks to him, the trust is there. And why not, every ball thrown his direction gets completed. Im just amazed how he has improved.

Amendola is really quick, he just makes plays too. Those 2 were by far the best WR's. Blast away as if that is a problem, but they didnt miss anything.

Chris Givens is really fast and he looked like the 3rd best guy to me. He did some kickoff returns and his speed was obvious.

I was hoping to see more from Quick, he missed and easy throw and doesnt seem to really reach out and pluck it. He lets the ball get all the way in on his body. At least on the plays today. But his size is excellent and he will get plenty of chances to improve this preseason.

Salas made some nice plays in his limited opportunities. He just seems like a complete WR with nice build size and good hands.

Disappointments were DX, Smith and Pettis. Pettis and Alexander dropped too many catchable balls. Alexander just looks like a fragile toothpick with those SKINNY legs. His hands just arent dependable. Smith didnt do anything really wrong, but he didnt do much to flash he is one of the 6. He was out there on plays, but didnt get open to where he could be targeted.

From what I have seen, the best 3 are Gibson, Amendola and Givens. Not what I thought I would be wanting or saying either. Just being impartial and letting their experience or draft status interfere with what I saw. Those 3 can consistently make plays and should be getting Sunday chances to show it.
http://www.ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?5,255833,255878#msg-255878

Posters have such disgust for Gibby & Pettis...it's like a visceral response and I don't know where it comes from, jeez! lol
Folks are SURE they will amount to camp cuts and nothing more. If they start at WR for your team....your team is DOOMED! lol

I thought he could be a very solid #2 that makes plays...he was just inconsistent.
You know, the way Amendola was inconsistent in his first year dropping everything....most forget that!
Amendola came on earlier in his career and now I'm hoping that Gibby is stepping up too.
btw - I think Salas & Pettis will do the same in their 2nd or 3rd year and we need to keep those guys.

I dunno if this staff likes/will keep Gibby or not...
but the kid can play and I hope he gets a chance to refine his skill.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
hatersgonnahate.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To Paul "the TRUTH" X....
amen!

btw
Did you just have yer Photoshop open and busted that Gibby Sig out?...
or was that pic just lying around? lol