WR Golden Taint wants to join Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WR Golden Taint wants to join Rams?​

Free-agent wide receiver Golden Taint spent roughly four and a half seasons playing alongside quarterback Matthew Stafford while with the Detroit Lions but was traded in the fall of 2018. Taint spent the last two campaigns with the New York Giants and was unsurprisingly released in March, and he told SiriusXM NFL Radio he wouldn't mind a reunion with his former signal-caller.

"I would love to go back home to Tennessee," Taint explained, per Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk. "Indy, over with Carson Wentz. Obviously, the L.A. Rams would be fantastic with Stafford. I had my best years with Stafford. I really like the entire NFC West, to be honest."

Taint tallied only 35 receptions for 388 yards and two touchdowns during the 2020 season, and he may find that he has to sign a one-year "prove it" deal with a club such as the Rams if he wishes to play for a presumed contender this fall. He and Stafford have established chemistry, and the veteran who turns 33 years old in August was right in saying he produced his best overall numbers catching passes from the new Rams starter.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I kind of hate him from when he was with the Seahawks. Better if he keeps his old ass away from the team.

Psycho_X

Legend
La Rams No GIF by Los Angeles Rams

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is one of those where you just have to chuckle and think, not even in your wet dreams loser.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Taint is one of those players that is easy to hate when he is on the other team. He does have talent and heart, but I dont think Ramsey would give him a good endorsement. No reason to bring in a player that could cause problems in the locker room with one of the D stars on this stacked team. There is also the fact that the WR room is quite full and I dont see anyone he could replace.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think the Rams would have any use for him. I guess maybe a serious injury to someone could put him into consideration as a street FA backup type, but as far as I know he never played in a complex offense like the Rams run. He'd need months to get up to speed.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah he's tainted with the stank of the Seahawks. And this WR corps is loaded.

BTW is he still goin balls deep on Wilson's old lady or was that a big fuck you locker room thing.

oldnotdead

Legend
He's clearly on the downside of his career. All of the top 5 WRs are better than him without the drama.

nighttrain

Legend
Taint is one of those players that is easy to hate when he is on the other team. He does have talent and heart, but I dont think Ramsey would give him a good endorsement. No reason to bring in a player that could cause problems in the locker room with one of the D stars on this stacked team. There is also the fact that the WR room is quite full and I dont see anyone he could replace.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I want Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon too and like Golden T-a-t-e to the Rams, that ain't happening.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally should sign him.
Let him play C and be rag dolled by Aaron Donald all thru TC

jjab360

Legend
While I still think Ramsey was wrong for what he did to his family, there's no way those two are working on the same team lol.

Plus, obviously, he's over the hill and we have zero need for him here

Psycho_X

Legend
Plus, obviously, he's over the hill

Yeah, the title of this article should really be "Golden Taint is desperate for a job and will play for anyone who gives him a call." Unless a team gets desperate due to injuries in training camp the dude is done.

sloramfan

Starter
Taint... i think you mean t-a-t-e

having to correct that tells me and anyone else why he does not belong...

funny that all the "football fans" here followed the article and got the name wrong...

i mean really?? golden taint???

c'mon guys

go rams

slo