WR Ben Skowronek

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Now please don't yell at me because I have not really been watching the preseason this year and going off of reports, but has anyone seen him play? WHen I did watch any coverage of the Rams, I didn't see anything on him.

Is he potentially going to the practice squad or is he a true gem?

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't know about a true gem but I think he is a very interesting player to watch. It's likely he's more of a special teams contributor his rookie year but I wouldn't be surprised to see him used a couple times a game in specific packages. Before he broke his arm he had been flashing in camp according to reporters and some of our esteemed camp reporters. Him and Jacob Harris gives us some very nice size in the passing game which we've lacked for years. A very intriguing developmental player.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched him a few times at Norte Dame. He’s got size and is t afraid to use it. Blocking, route running and he’s all for attacking the pass(goes after all the throws his was). He’s solid at 6’3” 220-ish.

McVay seems to love guys who have hands and can/will throw blocks.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I think I found something. Downtown Rams stated that he has a forearm issue and will be going to IR

Psycho_X

Legend
Well I think I found something. Downtown Rams stated that he has a forearm issue and will be going to IR
Yeah he fractured his forearm back in training camp but he's already practicing with a non-contact jersey. So if he goes on IR it'll be the three week variety. He will be playing sooner than later at least on special teams.

nighttrain

Legend
I watched him a few times at Norte Dame. He’s got size and is t afraid to use it. Blocking, route running and he’s all for attacking the pass(goes after all the throws his was). He’s solid at 6’3” 220-ish.

McVay seems to love guys who have hands and can/will throw blocks.
Reynolds replacement for the redzone, hopefully much better
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kid's a baller, catches everything and is a hell of a blocker. He'll likely end up on I/R

bluecoconuts

Legend
FWIW Jourdan said that she pegged him to make the roster pretty early in camp. Apparently the coaching staff sees a lot of upside with him in terms of development. She didn't seem to think that he would have cleared waivers, even with the injury.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So if he goes on IR who takes that roster spot? For now they're going with 3 RB's. Is that enough?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So if he goes on IR who takes that roster spot? For now they're going with 3 RB's. Is that enough?
I don’t believe it is.

Will we even have a RB on the practice squad?
Jones is done for the year with an achilles injury.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
At the moment, Hekker and Shelton do not count against the 53.

So when they are cleared, the Rams have to make two roster moves to fit them.

My guess is that Okoronkwo and Anchrum go to short-term-IR.

If the Rams want to add a 4th RB (I hope they do), they will need another roster-spot. Personally, I don't think they need six safeties.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He looked interesting, but so have a lot of guys in the preseasons past that never amounted to much. Hoping for the best but it's a deep WR group. Not sure he gets much more than ST snaps.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, Jourdan says team was high on him. Developmental prospect. Lots of ST use.

Also, it's important to note how remade our receiver room may look next year with Jackson on a one year contract and us prob moving on from Woods.

Then we'd be looking at Jefferson and Kupp with Tutu as the 3rd WR but now would have depth with Skow behind them and him adding a dimension to offense in 3wr sets that Tutu won't.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, Jourdan says team was high on him. Developmental prospect. Lots of ST use.

Also, it's important to note how remade our receiver room may look next year with Jackson on a one year contract and us prob moving on from Woods.

Then we'd be looking at Jefferson and Kupp with Tutu as the 3rd WR but now would have depth with Skow behind them and him adding a dimension to offense in 3wr sets that Tutu won't.
Yeah and I really like what they've done this offseason. They sort of sleepwalked their way through that 2020 offseason, assuming that Reynolds would step up. Now you have a guy who's gonna be more in tune with what McVay wants out of his wideouts, better hands, better blocker, and they also added size and hands with Harris.

All of a sudden it looks like they have a "bigs" group for redzone usage. Higs/Harris/Skow are a pretty nice group for that situation with 9 gunning no-look passes and highpointing them.

This will be McVay's first good redzone offense IMO. I expect they'll be extremely potent in that phase of the game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah and I really like what they've done this offseason. They sort of sleepwalked their way through that 2020 offseason, assuming that Reynolds would step up. Now you have a guy who's gonna be more in tune with what McVay wants out of his wideouts, better hands, better blocker, and they also added size and hands with Harris.

All of a sudden it looks like they have a "bigs" group for redzone usage. Higs/Harris/Skow are a pretty nice group for that situation with 9 gunning no-look passes and highpointing them.

This will be McVay's first good redzone offense IMO. I expect they'll be extremely potent in that phase of the game.

Redzone has been McVay's Achilles heel, especially without a healthy Gurley. Put in the big package of Higs/Harris/Skow along with Michel in the backfield and it's going to cause a lot of problems for opposing defenses.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Redzone has been McVay's Achilles heel, especially without a healthy Gurley. Put in the big package of Higs/Harris/Skow along with Michel in the backfield and it's going to cause a lot of problems for opposing defenses.

I mean, even with Gurley he's struggled there...