Would you trade our 2016 3'rd for ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Manziel isn't the same QB as last year...yet he gets benched for partying after promising he wouldn't and then lying to the team about it. Sounds like the same QB.

Fisher and Foles should both be dropped off the roster.

No, what you said is : "It's a terrible plan because you want to go into next year with the same QBs we have this year".
Manziel would be new to us, obviously, and we don't yet know how Mannion will perform. There has been much speculation on Kaepernik coming to the Rams, … I would take Manziel way before Kaepernik, for talent potential, CAP reasons and his personality/locker room affability. Manziel has shown his immaturity, but he should be smart enough to know messing up again on another team will cost him 10's of millions of $$$, if not his entire career. It's OK, we feel different, although it is a gamble i'd be willing to take in order to improve our team at several other positions if taking a QB high proves too costly. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, what you said is : "It's a terrible plan because you want to go into next year with the same QBs we have this year".

Yes. It's a terrible plan. Here's what you said:
If i'm Kroenke, and Fisher gets his 5'th year, I tell him he can NOT pick a QB high in the 2016 draft (first 3 rounds).

So instead of using a pick on a QB...you want Fisher to use it to trade for Manziel. That's a terrible idea.

Manziel would be new to us, obviously, and we don't yet know how Mannion will perform. There has been much speculation on Kaepernik coming to the Rams, … I would take Manziel way before Kaepernik, for talent potential, CAP reasons and his personality/locker room affability. Manziel has shown his immaturity, but he should be smart enough to know messing up again on another team will cost him 10's of millions of $$$, if not his entire career. It's OK, we feel different, although it is a gamble i'd be willing to take in order to improve our team at several other positions if taking a QB high proves too costly. jmo.

Which is nuts. Kaepernick is superior in all but salary cap cost. He's a better talent. He's started at QB in a Super Bowl. He's actually been a serviceable starting QB. And he hasn't caused his organization constant headaches with his terrible work habits, partying, and substance abuse problems.

You say, "he should be smart enough..." if there's anything he's proven, it's that he's not. He wasn't smart enough to put the partying behind him like he claimed before the draft. He wasn't smart enough to work hard as a rookie and take his job seriously to earn playing time. He wasn't smart enough to listen to his coaches and front office when they told him not to party over the bye week. He wasn't smart enough to be honest about his partying once they found out. He wasn't smart enough to live up to his word from this past off-season when he claimed he was done with that lifestyle and went to rehab. If Manziel has proven ANYTHING in the NFL, it's that he's not smart enough.

I don't get the infatuation with the guy. He hasn't even outplayed Josh McCown this year. He looked dreadful last year. He wasn't a first round talent. And he's a constant headache off the field. JaMarcus Russell was a more talented QB with the same type of major character issues and people were smart enough to recognize he didn't deserve a second chance after his time with Oakland.

What has Manziel shown to make you think he deserves a second chance? Certainly not intelligence, character, or work ethic.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big difference in cost between spending a 1'st, two 2'nd's and quite easily more for Goff/Lynch, … or trading a 3'rd round pick and getting both Manziel & Gordon. You've made yourself clear that you don't like either of these guys, but for a HC trying to save his job, which scenario do you believe buys more 2016 wins ? With Manziel & Gordon, you also get to keep all those draft picks you've spent on the rookie QB, who might not even play much during the season.
I'm guessing you are not paying much attention to my posts, as i've already stated i'm no fan of Manziel's behavior, but he could serve a purpose for an extremely cheap price, even if only for a season or two. There is no infatuation on my part, but he can scramble for a team with a very poor OL. Manziel has a better QB rating than both Foles & Keenum, and Cleveland has no run game to speak of. It's debatable whether McCown has actually outplayed him.
I see Manziel as a young immature talent who has stepped on his own dick up to now, but suspect in another environment might yet flourish, and if not, his cost is very, very small. I'll accept your calling me 'nuts' or posting a 'terrible plan', but if Fisher is retained, he may have to go over the edge to save his job going forward, and I believe my method brings more wins in 2016. If Fisher is fired, all this is out the window, any new coach would want to begin his own 3 - 5 year plan with a new QB, … but if Fisher needs to win in 2016, and I suspect he would need that, my method buys more wins. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big difference in cost between spending a 1'st, two 2'nd's and quite easily more for Goff/Lynch, … or trading a 3'rd round pick and getting both Manziel & Gordon.

Give me the former.

If Fisher is fired, all this is out the window, any new coach would want to begin his own 3 - 5 year plan with a new QB, … but if Fisher needs to win in 2016, and I suspect he would need that, my method buys more wins. jmo.

If Fisher wants to win in 2016, Colin Kaepernick offers more than Johnny Manziel. And that method buys more wins.

But I don't much care about the "if Fisher is here" scenarios because I will not be.

nighttrain

Legend
What has Manziel shown to make you think he deserves a second chance? Certainly not intelligence, character, or work ethic.

I maybe wrong, but isn't Manziel a trust fund baby? worth millions before he signed first contract
train