Would you spend for Alex Mack?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll go with a simple no on Alex Mack.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't we all say the same thing about Jason Brown in 2009? Young, hitting his prime, already elite.... We made him the highest paid centre in the league and that turned out a real waste of money.

Obviously, Mack isn't Brown. But once bitten, twice shy and all that. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere (Byrd, for example) if we're going to spend big in free agency; we have far bigger needs at safety than at centre.

We've been bitten just as badly at safety. And Byrd actually has durability problems.

Mack isn't Brown. He's a far better player than Brown was. And he's not going to quit on the team like Brown did.

Brown wasn't elite when we signed him.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'd gladly dish out the money required for Mack even if it meant he was our only big free agent haul. I'd rather sign one or two elite big fish at key need areas through free agency, rather than three or four second tier spot fillers, because it allows us the opportunity to focus even more on selecting bpa at need areas. We aren't that many pieces away! Besides, anchoring literally the middle of the line with a durable, top-of-his-position player would do more good than keeping a injury-plagued guard who will cost a little less than an elite center. And having a veteran presence in his prime making line calls could strongly help potential rookies plugged in on each of his sides.

Imagine:

LT Jake Long
LG Xavier Su'a-filo
C Alex Mack
RG Barrett Jones
RT Greg Robinson

or even:

LT Jake Long
LG Greg Robinson
C Alex Mack
RG Barrett Jones/Gabe Jackson
RT Joe Barksdale

Sign me up!!!(y)(y)

nighttrain

Legend
He graded out as the best center last year. Cutting Dahl and Wells would free up some money but leave holes. Demoff has said that the cap is fine and they have ways to manipulate it.

So, putting the cap aside...what is Alex Mack worth to you?
If Jones can play Guard Now, good move
train

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would pay the 7 million for Mack. Didn't the Rams pay 6 million a year for Wells? Either way Mack is the best Center in football and he would be an anchor on the line for years. I'm with NERamsfan in that if Mack was the only free agent the Rams signed I would be happy just getting him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Did Mack steal your high school sweetheart or something St. Louis? The guy is the best at his position in the league. Why wouldn't you want him on the team?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If we want him, we do have that built in advantage when it comes to signing guys represented by Kevin Demoff's dad. ;)