Would you spend for Alex Mack?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
He graded out as the best center last year. Cutting Dahl and Wells would free up some money but leave holes. Demoff has said that the cap is fine and they have ways to manipulate it.

So, putting the cap aside...what is Alex Mack worth to you?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say he'll get $40 million over 5 years. And yea, I'd likely do it.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I would rather see us sign a center in the middle tier such as the following UFA's if possible; Brian de La Puente (Saints), Brad Meester (Jaguars), or Jonathan Goodwin (Whiners). Nothing on Mack he's stellar and I dont see us taking a Center in the draft. But this also brings up who are we forgetting?
We still have Tim Barnes and an "unknown" with Barrett Jones as well. Quite interesting of what will unfold. Let Saffold walk.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In a heartbeat. He would make SAMs life easier and improve the play of the Guards by making their jobs easier. On the Oline anytime a position is very assignment sound it leaves less for the guys alongside to be concerned about and they can focus on their jobs. When each Olineman can do that they play very well as a unit.

I remember watching Incognitios play worsen whenever Goldberg was playing ORT next to him. Richie would block his guy and try to help Adam block his at the same time. One SJ touchdown stands out because Richie took out two guys to make the play. It was very impressive and part of the reason that I would welcome Richie back.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We need to sign someone at either C or G because we can't rely wholly on the draft to fill all our holes.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Draft two mid round guards and put Jones at Center. We need to start saving for the players we wanna retain, Quinn and Sam.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft two mid round guards and put Jones at Center. We need to start saving for the players we wanna retain, Quinn and Sam.

Lets say that Jones isn't good(since we haven't seen him play) and the two mid round guards flop like Rok did. What type of predicament does that put Sam in? Just saying.

Not that I think Jones isn't good or that it will be impossible for us to find guards in the mid rounds. I'm just saying...the more you invest in a position, generally, the better you'll do in filling it.(unless you're Zygmundt and Shaw)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Lets say that Jones isn't good(since we haven't seen him play) and the two mid round guards flop like Rok did. What type of predicament does that put Sam in? Just saying.

Not that I think Jones isn't good or that it will be impossible for us to find guards in the mid rounds. I'm just saying...the more you invest in a position, generally, the better you'll do in filling it.(unless you're Zygmundt and Shaw)

Then at least we can resign Quinn and Sam. ;)

I think we'll be alright. We. Could draft some second round OG if it makes you feel better.

I'm a little worried about signing OL'man. Wells, Dahl, and Long are all under scrutiny.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd take the sure thing in Mack and let Jones fight it out at Guard.
It's becoming harder to feel good about leaning on Wells/Dahl. Age seems to be catching up with them quick.
Mack is entering his prime and locks you up there for 4 or 5 years.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I'd take the sure thing in Mack...
Mack is entering his prime and locks you up there for 4 or 5 years.
Didn't we all say the same thing about Jason Brown in 2009? Young, hitting his prime, already elite.... We made him the highest paid centre in the league and that turned out a real waste of money.

Obviously, Mack isn't Brown. But once bitten, twice shy and all that. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere (Byrd, for example) if we're going to spend big in free agency; we have far bigger needs at safety than at centre.

fearsomefour

Legend
Signing Mack improves two spots as it would allow Barnes to slide to G. We don't really know what we have in Jones at all, Barnes I liked in the passing game but Mack would be a major upgrade in the running game.
More realistic than a big dollar FA I could see the Rams bringing in a mid tier G and or T.

tonyl711

Starter
I would rather go OG in FA, more of a need IMO I would also get an OT, OG and a Center in the draft. with Saffolds uncertainty its possible we will be starting 2 new OGs next season, and we need a swing OT, JMO but I think we can do alright with Barnes, Jones and a rookie fighting it out for the center position.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If we could only sign ONE free agent this year i'd go with Mack.
Start with Long and Barksdale at Tackle,get B.Jones in there and plug the holes at Guard and backup Tackle thru the draft.
Cut Wells and Dahl and let Saffold walk.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

The Browns are full of cap cash to spend how could the Rams possibly soak up so much future cap cash when your hoping to save to retain the services in 2015 of all pro's DE Quinn & K Hekker. Starters ...Barksdale, Kendricks, Harkey & McLeod & reserves DT's Conrath & Cudjo.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The Browns are full of cap cash to spend how could the Rams possibly soak up so much future cap cash when your hoping to save to retain the services in 2015 of all pro's DE Quinn & K Hekker. Starters ...Barksdale, Kendricks, Harkey & McLeod & reserves DT's Conrath & Cudjo.

cudjo will be gone when we draft clowny ( wishful thinking )

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He graded out as the best center last year. Cutting Dahl and Wells would free up some money but leave holes. Demoff has said that the cap is fine and they have ways to manipulate it.

So, putting the cap aside...what is Alex Mack worth to you?

No