Would ya offer Tenn this...............

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you offer this to Tenn

• yes if I am the Rams

• no if I am the Rams

• I honestly don't think Chargers would accept this offer

Results are only viewable after voting.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Home college games were in a dome - I hadn't heard about Mom's wishes yet - maybe she is jut trying to steer clear of the land of Cleve.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
2016 round 1, and both round 2s
2017 round 1

Should give them a chance to jump SF, Cleveland, and anyone else.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
IMO, there is much risk in giving up (1) first round & (2) second round picks for Wentz. The risk to me is much higher than drafting a QB that has at least played against tougher competition.
Wentz has only 600 something pass attempts against FCS competition and only ONE game of experience against a FBS opponent (Iowa St). Wentz played well in that game (2014) and ND St won. But then again, Iowa St finished the season 2-10 and their defense was ranked 94th out of 120 FBS schools. When compared to Goff, for example, Goff has over 1200 career pass attempts against FBS schools. He has taken hits, many sacks, and came out unfazed. I'm not campaigning here for Goff as much as I am saying that Goff would be less of a risk in a trade up IMO.
On another note, talking about how the QB's are valued, I have a hard time understanding how one would want to trade up for Wentz by giving future picks, but a player like Kevin Hogan from Stanford is thought of as a backup that isn't worth anything more than a 5th round pick. In 2015, the Cardinal, against all of their Pac-12 opponents, Notre Dame, Pac-12 Champ game, and RoseBowl victory over Iowa, averaged over 41 points a game. They have a good defense, but they didn't squeak out wins ; they dominated teams with their offense. He has good size, moves well, has speed and agility when running, makes good decisions, has 3 years experience against top FBS teams. But, because he's not as accurate as some of the other QB's, he's only valued as a late round prospect? Nothing against Wentz, I just don't understand the vast difference in value between many of the QB's.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The last thing I read was that, Tennessee's GM retorted his statement about having to be a 'Kings Ransom' with an offer. He does not want teams to think that he wont trade the pick. Some suggest that it would not take an RGIII like haul to trade with Tennessee. However, with the Rams being at 15 it might, imo.

Here is the quote:
“We’d be open to moving the pick. I think the statement I made the other day maybe got taken out of context a little bit with ‘king's ransom.’ ... The question was what would it take to move way back in the draft, which would take a lot of picks ... I think some heard that I wasn’t open to moving, or we weren’t open to moving the pick, which is not true.”

—Titans GM Jon Robinson, via ESPN’s Adam Schefter

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/23/nfl-draft-carson-wentz-jared-goff-paxton-lynch

I keep bringing this up. Maybe the Rams are best off just picking the best players available and rolling with Keenum this season. The move, the new environment. Playing in China for the first time ever, is bound to affect more than one week, and it could all add up to the Rams picking top 5 in the 2017 draft. I really don't expect a great season. If the Rams make a trade this year they could be trading away a top 3 pick in 2017. A pick they could get Deshone Foster with or some other QB. Then all the pieces will have fallen into place.

Hell no. And I wouldn't offer GRob who's on the cusp of figuring it out.

If the Rams are bent on moving to #1 this may just be the piece that they need to offer up to get there. I would trade GRob and at least one first for a top QB. If GRob is better than Tunsil maybe it takes Grob and the Rams two seconds this year.......or a GRob and the Rams first and that is all. I am not trying to get rid of him. Just saying if that is the asking price and they love Wentz or Goff they would be foolish to let that stand in the way of getting their QB of the future.

Is an potentially 'top OLT' really worth keeping a team from getting a potentially 'top QB' ?

Last edited: