With the 87th Pick the Rams select ???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
#87 is a hard choice because there are a ton of LB options but not a ton of OLine options unless someone falls. To me as much as I don't like saying it we need backup OliOL more than rush LB.I expect the pick to be a rush LB.

We did well enough last season when OLB Matt Longacre was seeing the majority of run downs on the Weak Side Edge Rusher post. When Conner Barwin went down with a broken arm & a knee injury Samson Ebukam held up well @ the SS Edge Rusher post.. Might want to remember that Ebukam missed all of Training Camp & 3 of the 4 pre season games with an injury.

So now that both of them (Longacre/Ebukam) will have the 2017 season under the belts is there a big concern? So appears that this 2018 Edge Rushing draft prospects has great depth. I do not see much of a drop off after the 3rd round myself, plus a ton of Tweeners are turn out each & every year from the NCAA ranks might as well tap that resource late & take advantage of it. Wade also has four OSLB'er under contract Littleton3rd season/Thompson/Price & Sickles entering their 2nd season.

There could be an solid argument that the one loss of Rob Quinn will hurt in the pass rushing downs...OK but if Wade want to heat up the pass rush or needs more of a pass rush on non run downs....why would he not go with the DL'ers instead???? Why take out a Suh or a Donald or a Easley to insert a rookie 3rd rd draft pick to perform that task? The Rams are also stocked with four rotational DL'ers like Westbrooks(entering his 5th yr)Fox( entering his 3rd season)/Smart & Bryant both 2nd yr players... so there is no shortage of DL'er here.

A super quick Easley/Donald inside DT rush duo & the outside Rush Duo of Suh/Brockers would be better than any rookie the Rams could land with the #87 selection would it not?? The Rams are paying big for this one season DL that will showcase FOUR former #1 picks all who have great talent. The resigning of Easley & Suh makes up for the loss of Quinn by a wide margin. Fact was most of Quinn's late season sacks came when Wade was in the four player defensive front instead of the 3 DL 2 OSLB front.:bueller:

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
We did well enough last season when OLB Matt Longacre was seeing the majority of run downs on the Weak Side Edge Rusher post. When Conner Barwin went down with a broken arm & a knee injury Samson Ebukam held up well @ the SS Edge Rusher post.. Might want to remember that Ebukam missed all of Training Camp & 3 of the 4 pre season games with an injury.

So now that both of them (Longacre/Ebukam) will have the 2017 season under the belts is there a big concern? So appears that this 2018 Edge Rushing draft prospects has great depth. I do not see much of a drop off after the 3rd round myself, plus a ton of Tweeners are turn out each & every year from the NCAA ranks might as well tap that resource late & take advantage of it. Wade also has four OSLB'er under contract Littleton3rd season/Thompson/Price & Sickles entering their 2nd season.

There could be an solid argument that the one loss of Rob Quinn will hurt in the pass rushing downs...OK but if Wade want to heat up the pass rush or needs more of a pass rush on non run downs....why would he not go with the DL'ers instead???? Why take out a Suh or a Donald or a Easley to insert a rookie 3rd rd draft pick to perform that task? The Rams are also stocked with four rotational DL'ers like Westbrooks(entering his 5th yr)Fox( entering his 3rd season)/Smart & Bryant both 2nd yr players... so there is no shortage of DL'er here.

A super quick Easley/Donald inside DT rush duo & the outside Rush Duo of Suh/Brockers would be better than any rookie the Rams could land with the #87 selection would it not?? The Rams are paying big for this one season DL that will showcase FOUR former #1 picks all who have great talent. The resigning of Easley & Suh makes up for the loss of Quinn by a wide margin. Fact was most of Quinn's late season sacks came when Wade was in the four player defensive front instead of the 3 DL 2 OSLB front.:bueller:
when you're right, you're right
train

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
31184657_1419762408169632_997597581464829952_n.jpg

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The guy I would really like the Rams to draft and is a person of interest to the team, is TCrosby (OL). Given the Rams' situation with next year's FAs and the extremely unlikely case that the OL is as healthy this season as last, drafting Crosby just makes sense. He's gonna start for somebody and I predict he's gonna have a pretty good career.

Sadly, I don't think he's gonna make it to #87. I have seen mocks that have him being drafted as high as the bottom of the 1rst round. I would be surprised if he made it out of the 2nd, let alone fell to #87.

I think that puts the pick on defense. I like Armstrong (edge) and so do the Rams, but I think he's more of a #111 pick should the Rams not pick up an edge rusher at #87. I also would not rule out a NT at #87. The Rams like Settle, but if he fell, I'd love to see the Rams scoop up BJ Hill.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Will the Rams pick at 87, trade up a few spots, trade down a few spots? This is the only draft pick the Rams current hold that was not involved in some sort of trade.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Can Orlando Brown fall that far? Would anyone else want him if he did? I know he was a laughing stock in his pajamas but on Saturdays - that kid came to play.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can Orlando Brown fall that far? Would anyone else want him if he did? I know he was a laughing stock in his pajamas but on Saturdays - that kid came to play.

Call me Crazy but I think I would select him if he was still available!!! I thought he looked pretty good on the video clips I have seen on him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So maybe Rodger announces an offensive lineman!
One should never question an exceedingly well seasoned Ram fan's knowledge or even a wild guess :thinking:.....just a very small lesson offered to our fellow younger rapid Ram fans..........

Good :wabbit:there den:bow:.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One should never question an exceedingly well seasoned Ram fan's knowledge or even a wild guess :thinking:.....just a very small lesson offered to our fellow younger rapid Ram fans..........

Good :wabbit:there den:bow:.

I definitely don't ever 2nd Guess The Coach!!!