Wired: Kellen Clemens vs. Buccaneers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[parsehtml]<object id="yuiswfyui_3_10_3_2_1391649138830_95" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://i.nflcdn.com/static/video/latest/js/nfl-video-swf/assets/player.swf?v=d89a7a4" width="640" height="360"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="wmode" value="opaque"><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"><param name="flashVars" value="yId=yui_3_10_3_2_1391649138830_1&amp;YUISwfId=yuiswfyui_3_10_3_2_1391649138830_95&amp;YUIBridgeCallback=SWF.eventHandler&amp;allowedDomain=www.stlouisrams.com&amp;adType=vast&amp;adSetting=25&amp;adRatio=2&amp;companionSize=980x700%2C300x250&amp;configURL=http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static.rams.clubs.nfl.com%2Fassets%2Fvp%2Fprod%2Fconfig.json&amp;playerName=video_gal_media-center&amp;contentId=2613e9e4-38b2-4045-8673-55beecd00834%26channelName%3DVideo_Wired%26adTagSuffix%3D&amp;channelId=Video_Wired&amp;showBranding=false&amp;autoplay=false"></object>[/parsehtml]

A55VA6

Legend
Haha I really like Kellen. Man I had some harsh words for him this preseason, but he really was fun to watch this year. I hope he stays on the roster but it's probably unlikely.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Good watch. Dude is a competitor, that's for sure!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Haha I really like Kellen. Man I had some harsh words for him this preseason, but he really was fun to watch this year. I hope he stays on the roster but it's probably unlikely.
Nah, I think he will be back...just as the No.3.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I really enjoy hearing the loudness and power on the field of the NFL.

PhxRam

Does everyone forget he went into this past season as number 3? Look where he ended up.

fearsomefour

Legend
Davis came into camp as the number 2.
Right came into camp as the 2, they left camp with 2 QBs. Im sure the Rams would love to have someone more talented and probably will after the draft. But, Kellen accounted himself pretty well. Whether they draft someone in the 2nd round or the 6th round I would just assume they take some time to get him trained correctly, so to speak.

PhxRam

Right came into camp as the 2, they left camp with 2 QBs. Im sure the Rams would love to have someone more talented and probably will after the draft. But, Kellen accounted himself pretty well. Whether they draft someone in the 2nd round or the 6th round I would just assume they take some time to get him trained correctly, so to speak.

So I take it you think they are going to go with 3 QBs this year. I would think they almost have to.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Kellen at #3 seems about right. He has experience, knows the offense, and proved his value in games (some just more than others). Maybe he could mentor a late round QB from the draft.

fearsomefour

Legend
So I take it you think they are going to go with 3 QBs this year. I would think they almost have to.
For sure. I would hope so. Too many thing can go wrong. If Kellen does end up at three you could do worse, good team guy, knows the O, OC trusts him. Also he is mobile and quick enough to simulate some of the running QB stuff the D will face running the scout team.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think he is coming back as the back up and may be moved to number 3 as the season goes on, unless the Rams burn a high pick on a QB, which I hope they dont.
I think it's pretty much out there that the Rams plan on using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB...I think Clemens might be active on gameday for the first part of the season...pretty likely the draftee is the guy they plan on being the longterm backup.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think it's pretty much out there that the Rams plan on using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB...I think Clemens might be active on gameday for the first part of the season...pretty likely the draftee is the guy they plan on being the longterm backup.
Too high of a pick for me when there are other needs. That is a pretty high pick to spend on a guy you hope doesnt see the field.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Too high of a pick for me when there are other needs. That is a pretty high pick to spend on a guy you hope doesnt see the field.
Just telling you what I gathered from things Snead and Demoff have said. I'd suspect it to be in the 3rd round unless the acquire another 2.

fearsomefour

Legend
Just telling you what I gathered from things Snead and Demoff have said. I'd suspect it to be in the 3rd round unless the acquire another 2.
Will be interesting to see. I am sure they are thinking the could have made a playoff run with a better backup QB situation this year....I dont agree with that. But, they get paid for their opinion, I dont. QB is a tough position to draft. You have all the highly ranked first round guys (hit and miss at best) and then it gets really muddy after that. I am wondering if they are counting on a trade down to add a couple of picks to address these depth needs early on?