Will the Rams draft a QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that the Rams acquired Nick Foles and Case Keenum do you think they will still be looking to draft a QB in the upcoming Draft? If so, who do you hope they consider and how high do you think the Rams are willing to select one? Unless, the Rams sign a couple of FA offensive linemen I have to think that the OL will definitely be their top priority in the Draft and won't consider taking a QB until at least the 4th round. But, if they can sign a couple of FA offensive linemen before the Draft then I would think that would allow them to be a lot more flexible with their draft picks and we could possibly see them picking a QB like Hundley, Petty, Mannion, etc in the earlier rounds.

TexasRam

Legend
Please no.

Unless say Winston fall to 10. As backup to Foles in cAse he really doesn't pan out.

Otherwise we need to get some
Big badass OL in here.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm not so sure they'd pass on Mariota if he were still on the board at #10.

They won't, but he won't! In the third round the Rams select...
hi-res-29810f658ab2c215d03f393f0cce34cb_crop_north.jpg

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He might go bottom of first. Don't think he will be on board when we pick in 2nd. Him or Hundley. Teams are going to reach. I say Brandon Bridge on the 4th

I don't see that they won't reach for this group and I see Hundley going first then maybe Grayson because people want to show how smart they are, I'm hoping that leaves Petty because I think he would be a good fit for the Rams and I like his mental makeup.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't see that they won't reach for this group and I see Hundley going first then maybe Grayson because people want to show how smart they are, I'm hoping that leaves Petty because I think he would be a good fit for the Rams and I like his mental makeup.
I was just reading Earle that petty might go in the bottom of first team like that has 2 picks

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm OK with a late round camp arm, nothing higher in the draft.

If I want someone to compete/mentor, I'd look more towards a free agent.

jmo.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was just reading Earle that petty might go in the bottom of first team like that has 2 picks

You could be right and some teams do reach, however, Petty is older will be 25 in 2015 and is coming from a spread offense so who knows? But if not Petty then Grayson, but I don't want the Rams going QB until the third or fourth round.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Im still drafting a QB, Im sticking with Grayson....in the 2nd.
I am not taking a QB in the first.

I agree with drafting a QB, however, I want to go QB in the 3rd going OL & WR with the first two picks not necessarily in that order.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

What is your opinion on Sean Mannion? I thought I read somewhere recently that his stock was rising pretty quickly. Would you consider drafting him and if so which round would you take him?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What is your opinion on Sean Mannion? I thought I read somewhere recently that his stock was rising pretty quickly. Would you consider drafting him and if so which round would you take him?

I have not seen enough of Mannion, but I get nervous with a Quarterback is limited in arm strength. Mannion, however, did come from a conventional offense run by Mike Riley so he was under center quite often which is a plus and he's tall at 6'5 again a plus, but not very athletic.

The reason I'm sold on Petty is a couple of reasons, he's athletic, smart and can make all the throws and the fact that he's older might be a plus because the adjustment to more of a conventional offense might be quicker.

The other attribute that I feel is important to a Quarterback is how they handle adversity. IMO, Bradford struggled at Oklahoma with this when his offensive line was young and inexperienced in his junior year, but many QB's can't do anything with a bad OL, however, I like to see how quarterbacks handles adversity.

Mannion lost Cooks and that was a great talent to lose at WR and it cost him not having a big play guy last season. In the end a Quarterback IMO has to be able to make all the throws and I like them 6'3 at the minimum and worth more than a dime from the neck up on the field and the ability know the difference between right and wrong off the field.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree with drafting a QB, however, I want to go QB in the 3rd going OL & WR with the first two picks not necessarily in that order.
I would be fine with this for sure.
I just like Grayson more than any other QB in this draft and I think he will be gone early 2nd round.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
If one is on the board at appropriate value, definitely drafting.....who's playing QB for the Rams in '16?? Nobody under contract past this season, got to make plans for down the road. Besides, QB's are the currency of the NFL, can never have enough and if you do, then they become quite valuable on the trade market.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I just like Grayson more than any other QB in this draft and I think he will be gone early 2nd round.

Not sure where he will go? I like Petty better, but I concur one of them will go after Hundley IMO and maybe both them will last until the 3rd, but doubtful.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Please no.

Unless say Winston fall to 10. As backup to Foles in cAse he really doesn't pan out.

Otherwise we need to get some
Big badass OL in here.

Apparently Schefter and Mortensen both think Tampa are taking Mariota and NOT Winston at #1 despite it being the prevailing sentiment for months that it was the other way round. In that case who takes the gamble on Famous Jameis? Could he drop to #10?? I think so. I wouldn't pick him because the off-field stuff scares me. I don't know if a guy like that is ever going to be mature enough to do the work required in the NFL, year in year out and be a leader.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently Schefter and Mortensen both think Tampa are taking Mariota and NOT Winston at #1 despite it being the prevailing sentiment for months that it was the other way round. In that case who takes the gamble on Famous Jameis? Could he drop to #10?? I think so. I wouldn't pick him because the off-field stuff scares me. I don't know if a guy like that is ever going to be mature enough to do the work required in the NFL, year in year out and be a leader.

If Winston fell to #10, I'd...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I really don't have any idea whatsoever about if the Rams like any of the QBs. There has been zero news linking the Rams to any players other than who they scout or who they interviewed and talked to and that doesn't tell us much.

So will they take a QB?

They should, if there is one that they think can develop. I don't want them to waste a pick. But Nick Foles is a free agent next year and could command much more than the Rams will be willing to pay him. I am not sure how long Keenum is signed for. They theoretically could have no QBs on the roster at this time next year, besides Davis.

Or they could figure they have two capable QBs and want to focus the limited resources on the Oline. And there seems to be a guy that Fisher gets a bone over and has to have, Wagner, Alexander, Joyner, Stacey etc. So that probably uses up a pick on a random player. So they would only have three good picks for Oline and a QB takes that down to two. I hope they just come away with 4 shiny knew OL guys that can start and/or be quality depth, unless they have a shot at the top two QBs. I don't think any of the other QBs turn into NFL starters. But then they could be in the same boat next season....but that might be the plan.