Will Rams Trade Up To Top For QB ? Which Slot?What Cost?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will Rams Trade Up To Top For QB ? Which Slot?What Cost?

• 1. Tennessee Titans

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 3. San Diego Chargers

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 4. Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 5. Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 6. Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
2016 1st round pick(15th) and 2017 1st round pick to the Cowpokes for the #4 overall to select Goff.

This is a team that has committed to building through the draft. We have wisely avoided the expensive first wave of Free agency and place a premium on first round picks. I don't see them giving up a future a first. Maybe a second at most.

Shawnbb158

Starter
2016 1st and 2nd and 2017 1st and 3rd for #1 overall. Hell throw in a 2016 4th round pick! We need a QB and I want the one they covet most. (for me it's wentz by a bit) and no I'm not a lynch fan. He just seems off a little in the head watching interviews but that's just me. I want a smart qb

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If the Rams had the first pick and already a franchise qb that they needed to protect how much would you want to move half way down the round out projected elite player range? Be a bunch.
No I don't think they trade unless one of the QB's fall. But they should.
SF is in a much better position to trade up.
While I still think the QB's go 1&2 if either is there after that pay the price of an extra first and get it done.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the trade chart - and I'm assuming a slight premium as is often the case for QBs - #15, #43, #45 for #4, #101, and #189. This would favor the Cowboys by approximately 2-3% in value, according to the trade chart. The Cowboys would have 4 of the first 45 picks in the draft, which would allow them to draft a QB of the future and do some serious filling of holes. They would stay at 9 total draft picks too, which is around the most that realistically they would have openings for. The Rams would get one of the two top QBs, and would stay at 6 draft picks, so they could fill holes cheaply, even if with lower draft picks. Not sure if I'd do it, but if Goff or Wentz falls to #4 AND the Rams feel that they are elite QB prospects, then it might make sense. No long term sacrifice to get one of them, and while the Rams would better fill holes without doing it, they would not have crippled their depth.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This is a team that has committed to building through the draft. We have wisely avoided the expensive first wave of Free agency and place a premium on first round picks. I don't see them giving up a future a first. Maybe a second at most.
A 2nd and future pick might do it. But I think they'd be willing to give up a future 1st for a franchise QB. You have to remember Snead has some input, not final say though, and he did help in the Julio Jones trade up. This is what I'm hoping for really lol

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If you knew you could have lynch at 15 would you still trade up?
Yes i would because IMO there are only two 1st rd worthy QB's in this draft.

If Wentz/Goff are out of reach then i'm seriously considering trading down from #15. Load up on offensive targets and recoup for the 2017 draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That surprises me.not that i'm familiar with the chart.I just thought it would cost a bit more.

Me too actually, but I have seen a couple scenarios with a similar trade and IMO, I would make the deal and grab either Wentz (who will be gone) or Goff because Goff is the most accurate of the bunch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the value chart is outdated and the RGIII trade is the barometer
It will cost 3 1st rounders to get inside the top 5.
Its asking a team a lot, a whole lot, to drop from 1-5 all the way down to #15
And if San Fran is in on Goff, they are a more desirable trade partner

Shawnbb158

Starter
I think the value chart is outdated and the RGIII trade is the barometer
It will cost 3 1st rounders to get inside the top 5.
Its asking a team a lot, a whole lot, to drop from 1-5 all the way down to #15
And if San Fran is in on Goff, they are a more desirable trade partner

I don't think it will cost us that much. That year was different. You had what at the time was 2 clear franchise quarterbacks (we know how that worked) and alot of teams willing to move up so there was essentially a bidding war. That's not the case this year. Also I don't know if San Fran has the luxury of moving up. So they need a qb bad? Yes but they also need just about every other position besides 2 or 3

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
We spent a 3rd rounder and got the PAC 12 all time passing leader last year--If I was a betting man, Mannion is in the future plans for the Rams brass.

I've posted it before, but if Mannion was in the draft this year he'd be right in the mix with all of the draft "gurus".

I'm excited with who we could get with our first 3 picks if we don't panic and try to trade up.

Last edited:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
That you don't do even if the prize is RGIII.

We are not going from #15 to #1 for just a swap of picks and a #2 and a #3.
No team is going to accept that. It's going to cost more than that unless Snead works another unreal miracle.

I don't know the actual chart value but my guess it's a couple of #1's at the very least.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Tennessee needs an offensive tackle, big time.

What do you think about; GRob, #15, and a 2nd for #1? Would we need to toss in more?

I don't want to trade GRob, but let's face it we'll need to give up premium something to get to that spot.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tennessee needs an offensive tackle, big time.

What do you think about; GRob, #15, and a 2nd for #1? Would we need to toss in more?

I don't want to trade GRob, but let's face it we'll need to give up premium something to get to that spot.

It would need to be something along these lines, depending on how much the Titans value Robinson. Picks alone would take too many. To get close on the trade chart, it would take #15, #43, #45 PLUS a couple of future firsts. If the Rams think Williams or Battle would be fine at OLT this season, AND the Titans figure GRob has gotten his growing pains out of the way and is ready to dominate, maybe that would work. Might even get to keep the second, if they really valued him.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
We are not going from #15 to #1 for just a swap of picks and a #2 and a #3.
No team is going to accept that. It's going to cost more than that unless Snead works another unreal miracle.

I don't know the actual chart value but my guess it's a couple of #1's at the very least.

I think it is somewhere in between. Cowboys #4 = 1800 ; Rams #15 = 1050 ; Rams #43 = 470 Rams #45 = 450

The difference between the two first rounders is 750 points. Both Rams #2's adds up to 920, so the two #2's more than cover the basic value difference.

Are we going to get any picks back for the difference of 170 ? Probably not. But then you won't be giving up any high future picks either.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it is somewhere in between. Cowboys #4 = 1800 ; Rams #15 = 1050 ; Rams #43 = 470 Rams #45 = 450

The difference between the two first rounders is 750 points. Both Rams #2's adds up to 920, so the two #2's more than cover the basic value difference.

Are we going to get any picks back for the difference of 170 ? Probably not. But then you won't be giving up any high future picks either.

What I've suggested before is the Cowboys include their own 4th and 6th rounders. They would still be ahead on points. Since they got a 4th round comp pick and 3 6th rounders, they would still have 9 total picks. That way the Rams would still be able to fill holes, just not with high picks.

Edit: Of course, I keep going back on forth on whether the Cowboys will go for an elite QB prospect themselves. They just lost a season due to their aging QB having two major injuries. But he's too expensive to cut for two years. IF there's a QB prospect they like, but will take development time, they could gamble on Romo staying healthy, have 4 picks in the top 45 by trading with the Rams, use those picks to get a QB to develop and 3 others to help in 2016, and try to win it all this year.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here's a thought...

Rams have not pulled the trigger on either a FA or trade to acquire a QB this offseason.

The probable reason? I don't think they saw sufficient upgrade over Keenum value anywhere that was a realistic possibility. Bradford may have been on their radar, but the Eagles signed him at the last minute depriving the Rams of any opportunity there.

So now QB help has to come from the draft. And Wentz or Goff seem like the only 2 clear upgrade possibilities over Keenum. All others may ultimately be better, but right now they are also kinda iffy looking.

My point? The more I think about this, the more strategic sense a trade up to 4 or 6 seems to make.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not sure, if the prize Wentz, well, then maybe, but I would like to come away with not having to trade next years first.
Same here. If we can get Goff or Wentz for less than great.

My fear is having to wait another year to get our future, permanent QB and waste another year of development.
We have to find our guy this year.