Will Fisher pull a Shanahan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fancents86

Starter
We know RG3 was pulled out for more than the reason of trying to keep him healthy. It's obvious Shanahan wants to see what he has in Cousins, either to use as a trade option or what have you. My hopes these next three weeks, are that Fisher does the same with Pead. We have no chances making the playoffs, so why not see what we have in him and other players? Maybe, just maybe, Pead will do something productive and we can at least use him as a bonus to get another higher draft pick or offer him along with some money to get someone decent in free agency? I would also like to see Armstrong in the linebacker and safety position. I always felt Armstrong should have been put in to play when McDonald went down and this is a chance to see if we can add him to the back up of either position. Also put in Bailey and Quick a lot more and have Davis start at QB. Basically test out what we got. This would also be a great time to try new things out on offense, I'm pretty sure Davis has a stronger arm than Clemens so this would open up new possibilities for our offense. If we get blown out, who cares, we need to know what works and what doesnt bc what we have been doing offensively besides the run hasnt been working. Anyone on the same level here?

paceram

Pro Bowler
We know RG3 was pulled out for more than the reason of trying to keep him healthy. It's obvious Shanahan wants to see what he has in Cousins, either to use as a trade option or what have you. My hopes these next three weeks, are that Fisher does the same with Pead. We have no chances making the playoffs, so why not see what we have in him and other players? Maybe, just maybe, Pead will do something productive and we can at least use him as a bonus to get another higher draft pick or offer him along with some money to get someone decent in free agency? I would also like to see Armstrong in the linebacker and safety position. I always felt Armstrong should have been put in to play when McDonald went down and this is a chance to see if we can add him to the back up of either position. Also put in Bailey and Quick a lot more and have Davis start at QB. Basically test out what we got. This would also be a great time to try new things out on offense, I'm pretty sure Davis has a stronger arm than Clemens so this would open up new possibilities for our offense. If we get blown out, who cares, we need to know what works and what doesnt bc what we have been doing offensively besides the run hasnt been working. Anyone on the same level here?

I agree. I know we all want the Rams play to win all their games but at the same time I think it would be a good idea to see what some of the Rams players that don't get much playing time for one reason or another can do so the Rams can make better player personnel decisions in the offseason. And, the Rams players would be playing to win it would just be with a few different players. Who knows - Some of these players might just fool the Rams coaches and show some real potential for the future. I really would like to see Davis get some playing time to see if the Rams need to search for a backup QB for next season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Starters earn their playing time in almost all levels of football. The only exception is some kind of Pee Wee league that forces a team to give equal playing time to all players on the team. They all get a trophy at the end of the year too... win or lose.

Pead has earned his time riding pine.

If he was tearing it up in practice... being a quality teammate... showing up like a Pro. He'd be playing more than just special teams.

You don't disrespect the players who ARE doing the things that are required to earn time on the field. Unless you want LESS THAN A TEAM.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
People need to stop with this Pead nonsense. He does not deserve to play, so get over it.

fancents86

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you're all saying Stacey didnt deserve to play until he was brought in? Or that Bailey didnt deserve his time on the field until recently? Or that Clemens has done such a fine job that Davis is not an option? Please. We needed Stacey and Bailey before the coaches decided to play them. Also, Nowhere in my statement did i say Pead deserved to be on the field, i said give him more playing time to see if he can up his stock somewhat so he would be useful to use for a draft pick or fa move. I see no disrespect in trying out back up players in real game time situations.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Lets play Hekker!

Wanting to see Pead play is not "nonsense" it's curiosity expressed respectfully and harmlessly , I'm curious to see if he is a "game player" of which there are many who have stared in this league ,I d like to see him play a few series to set my mind at ease that it isn't the case,that said if Fisher doesn't see it that way and demands a player earn playing time in practice , my curiosity will just have to take a back seat.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm thinking that Isaiah Pead is not a pro and is therefor a bust. It happens.

I think a players actions in practice,in meetings and in basic preparation supercedes their actions or lack thereof on gameday. He's been a failure. Its too bad. IMO he gets another chance in the spring. He's been outplayed by every single RB on this roster since he's been drafted. Not good.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'm thinking that Isaiah Pead is not a pro and is therefor a bust. It happens.

I think a players actions in practice,in meetings and in basic preparation supercedes their actions or lack thereof on gameday. He's been a failure. Its too bad. IMO he gets another chance in the spring. He's been outplayed by every single RB on this roster since he's been drafted. Not good.

And yet he has shown flashes I'm pretty sure i didn't imagine,there are backs who need to get into a rhythm beyond the parameters of practice and spot play during games, I'm happy for you that your mind is made up about the player, mine is not as yet to the same point as yours.

I think the time invested and the money invested in him thus far is worth putting him out on the field in games like the ones remaining and giving him and the team the opportunity to succeed in real time and then make the final determination, THAT Fisher has not cut him is an indication to me he's not given up on him and that we are going to see him, just a guy feeling though if we don't see him in games now we won't see him in the spring as you say. Just my gut Fisher will put the carrot out there for mister Pead to go into the off season WITH and not leave him to his own devises which I agree have been lacking, but thanks for the discussion we may not be on the same page about the guy, but we aren't mile apart either.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I was going to mention that display of stupidity by Pead as well. On another punt later in the game, he didn't even bother to go out on the field at all. We played with 10 guys.

Fucking unacceptable. At any level of football really... but this is his job,,, his only duty in fact,,, and he can't even remember to get out on the field with the rest of the punt team.

Brain Dead.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
And yet Fisher hasn't cut him ,I'll give up completely on the guy when El Pescador duz.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've been calling for some of our backups to get playing time so we could see what we have but the coaches have seen them all year and know what we have. So I understand a fan's desire to know by seeing but it's something that is known already, just not by us. But I'd still like to see it! (See what I don't know?)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The people who will get more reps are the players they think will be major contributors next season. Stacy may have done enough to solidify himself as the lead back, but he still needs reps to continue to develop.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Pead can barely hold down the bench. Not sure I am going to read anything into the facct that Fisher hasn't cut him yet either, that is probably more pride on Fishers part than anything. Lets be honest here, the kid hasn't earned the right to play. Yes, he was a 2nd round pick...so was Quick. The first 2 drafts by Snisher just haven't been as good as we all hoped. Period.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Pead can barely hold down the bench. Not sure I am going to read anything into the facct that Fisher hasn't cut him yet either, that is probably more pride on Fishers part than anything. Lets be honest here, the kid hasn't earned the right to play. Yes, he was a 2nd round pick...so was Quick. The first 2 drafts by Snisher just haven't been as good as we all hoped. Period.
Yet