Wild Card Sunday: 49’ers at Cowboys - 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Of course Tom Brady now gets to play his next opponent when they are on a short week and need to travel to his home. This guy continues to fall into luck.
Better than having to go to freezing ass Green Bay in January!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The OL and DL aren't the problem. It's our ILBs that are the problem. That and our defensive game planning.

LVE gets stick but I thought he played a great game on 1st and 2nd downs tonight. His big stop was 3rd down and I was surprised he was still in the game for that 3rd down. I believe he is a FA and I would be targeting him for the Rams.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The OL and DL aren't the problem. It's our ILBs that are the problem. That and our defensive game planning.

OL is only a problem insofar as this "positional" blocking instead of driving guys off the ball. Even if only occasionally, they need to DRIVE guys like SF does.

I love Earnest Jones and we need one more like him and we're solid on the inside.

Wouldn't bother me if we spent that low 3rd on either an ILB, S or CB

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
LVE gets stick but I thought he played a great game on 1st and 2nd downs tonight. His big stop was 3rd down and I was surprised he was still in the game for that 3rd down. I believe he is a FA and I would be targeting him for the Rams.

The money problem for us is at LT.

If Whit wants to stay and we want him to stay, it'll make it super hard to retain Noteboom and if we do, we say no to others.

I think there's a real chance we try at least to retain OBJ and Von Miller. Miller's almost a definite as we're not renting him for those two high picks.

I KNOW McVay has thought about Stafford with another year in this offense with Kupp, Woods and OBJ as the primary three...

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The money problem for us is at LT.

If Whit wants to stay and we want him to stay, it'll make it super hard to retain Noteboom and if we do, we say no to others.

I think there's a real chance we try at least to retain OBJ and Von Miller. Miller's almost a definite as we're not renting him for those two high picks.

I KNOW McVay has thought about Stafford with another year in this offense with Kupp, Woods and OBJ as the primary three...

Losing Miller nets the 3rd back the other way though right? Maybe I'm getting confused with one of our other 294 trades. Stafford needs extended which will free up cash too... and the cap is rising significantly as we come away from covid. I think we can go shopping...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Losing Miller nets the 3rd back the other way though right? Maybe I'm getting confused with one of our other 294 trades. Stafford needs extended which will free up cash too... and the cap is rising significantly as we come away from covid. I think we can go shopping...

We already pushed a bunch of money into 2022, so I don’t think we’ll be able to shop. We should be able to resign anyone we want esp if we backload a Noteboom contract

Edit: also, we didn’t rent Von Miller for a 2nd rounder. That’s way too much.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing with smearing, go back and read the GDT and the vent thread. That’s a reading of the threads.

Also, no need to play the victim, but being from Oregon I could understand that.

Peace out
Dude we are on the same team. I respect your opinions. I am no victim though. Not to you or anyone else. I hope you have a great evening. Go Rams!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. I'd love to have a dude like that instead of Reeder.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Agreed. I'd love to have a dude like that instead of Reeder.

Love to have LVE, not sure of the cost but he seems like a natural fit. This has crossed my mind but never enough to actually consider it. Doesn't feel like a McSnead move

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was really hoping the Cowboys would win, but they boneheaded their way out of any chance. On the bright side, we get to see Skip melt down, so that's always fun.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if you go 6 years back we actually have drafted more lineman - go 5 years back its 10 vs 10

if you look at the last 5-6 years of drafting between our teams its pretty even as far as contributing players.
Draft position has not been in our favor

TexasRam

Legend
Agree on the ILB and defensive coaching. Our Oline still gets utterly manhandled by physical fronts (Titans, Niners, etc).

Anyone that thinks Tutu was a better pick the Humphrey is smoking the Green stuff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree on the ILB and defensive coaching. Our Oline still gets utterly manhandled by physical fronts (Titans, Niners, etc).

Anyone that thinks Tutu was a better pick the Humphrey is smoking the Green stuff.
I wasn't a fan of the Tutu pick, but in hindsight, Humphrey wouldn't have been a solution to our most pressing problems. Based on his rookie year, we'd probably have been best off taking Nick Bolton in that spot. Although, I'm still very partial to Pete Werner. But truthfully, the guy who probably does the most good would have been Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Could have traded up a few slots to get him. He'd have offered the range and coverage ability we so desperately need at that position.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Rams should have drafted a big OL lineman. The Niners OL and DL lines are top notch dominant today against the Cowboys.

I hate to say it. But the Rams had their chances to shut the door on the Niner’s last game of the season and prevented them from the playoffs.

But now, it seems the Niners are going all the way to win their Super Bowl. Because their lines are that great.

oldnotdead

Legend
Don't forget the Rams turned down multiple trade offers for Noteboom. Whitworth, Havenstein and Robinson, being released will free up about $24M in cap space. That would probably allow them to resign all their priority FAs.

Noteboom and Alaric Jackson give them options for starters at OT. I can see them drafting an OG this year. Edwards is not the answer at LG. I can see them moving Shelton in as their LG.

How Stafford plays in these playoffs will go a long way in determining what they feel about him long term. He's a FA next year. If he plays well then they can extend him this year and free up additional cap. I think, Michel, OBJ and Miller will all be re-signed. Their contracts for next season can all be cap friendly. Remember it's all about the guaranteed money and structure when it comes to the cap.

OG, RB (Henderson is a FA next year), CB (unless they move Burgess to CB like I think they should) are priorities in the draft. I'm not convinced they re-sign Williams unless he accepts a bit of a home town discount considering the dropoff in his play. He's only a priority if they get a new DC. Williams isn't a zone coverage CB, as he's best in man coverage. They should move him inside and play Rochell outside. I can also see them taking a mid to late round safety.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The cowgirl coaches earned that loss. I'd hang it on them completely... but I saw the zebras assisting way too much not to give them some of the credit as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't a fan of the Tutu pick, but in hindsight, Humphrey wouldn't have been a solution to our most pressing problems. Based on his rookie year, we'd probably have been best off taking Nick Bolton in that spot. Although, I'm still very partial to Pete Werner. But truthfully, the guy who probably does the most good would have been Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Could have traded up a few slots to get him. He'd have offered the range and coverage ability we so desperately need at that position.
Disagree. Humphrey is described as the best Center in the NFL as a rookie. I ttiink he would have solidified the middle our offensive line, making his strong presence add to the OG’s effectiveness. This would have. Helped the run game and Stafford stepping into the pocket. Allen can’t handle monster DT’s. Instead, we got a tiny WR that didn’t see the field, for whatever reason. It makes me angry when I think about it, because the choice was so obvious need meeting talent when we could have picked him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree. Humphrey is described as the best Center in the NFL as a rookie. I ttiink he would have solidified the middle our offensive line, making his strong presence add to the OG’s effectiveness. This would have. Helped the run game and Stafford stepping into the pocket. Allen can’t handle monster DT’s. Instead, we got a tiny WR that didn’t see the field, for whatever reason. It makes me angry when I think about it, because the choice was so obvious need meeting talent when we could have picked him.
When our OL struggles, it's not just one guy. Allen has provided above average play over the course of the season. Humphrey is an upgrade, but he's not alone fixing the problems we've had. He's one player. And he's certainly not solving the defensive problems we've had in certain big games.