Wild Card Sunday: 49’ers at Cowboys - 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NEOM

UDFA
Name
MbS
Rodgers cannot afford himself to lose against the Niners and Brady again. This will be his chance to correct his legacy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Prescott, meanwhile, did not hide his frustration toward the officiating crew. When told fans were throwing debris at the officials, Prescott said “credit to them.”

When asked to confirm that he was supporting fans throwing things to send a message to officials, Prescott did not back down.

“If the fans felt the same way as us and that’s what they were doing it for, yeah, I’m guessing that’s why the refs took off and got out of there so fast,” Prescott said. “Yeah, I think everybody is upset with the way that this thing played out.

“I’m sure a fan would feel the same way that we do.”

hey dak, learn the rules you fucking dopey fuck.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rams should have drafted a big OL lineman. The Niners OL and DL lines are top notch dominant today against the Cowboys.

I hate to say it. But the Rams had their chances to shut the door on the Niner’s last game of the season and prevented them from the playoffs.

But now, it seems the Niners are going all the way to win their Super Bowl. Because their lines are that great.

The Rams... for all of our collective grievances... do NOT run or seek to run with hogmolley OL guys who drive defenders off the OL.

McVay wants POSITIONAL BLOCKERS. It is what it is. That's part of why we prefer OT converts because OTs dealing with speed rushers tend to wall off as opposed to drive guys off the ball.

I would LOVE to have an OL like Dallas built a few years ago that just wrecked everyone in their path. SF has done that and if they could stay healthy, we'd be very unhappy with what that'd look like.

So, I continue to believe that we will continue to draft value OTs and train them to play a bunch of positions. For better or worse, that's how we do it and it doesn't look like it's gonna change any time soon.

The upside is that we should be in prime position to get some real scores in the middle rounds between ILB and Safety which are positions that tend to drop and with SO MANY players in this upcoming draft (something like 3.5 TIMES the number in the 2021 draft in part due to COVID opt-outs). If anything, there's probably gonna be some real values at all of our positions of need in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

I'd love to have McVay build one of those real dominating OLs... they could even call them the Rampaging HERD or something Ram related, but I don't see that happening.

All that said, I think our OL (when our Center isn't super banged up...pick a season...Blythe or Allen...) has been pretty decent. We certainly notice when it's not.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When our OL struggles, it's not just one guy. Allen has provided above average play over the course of the season. Humphrey is an upgrade, but he's not alone fixing the problems we've had. He's one player. And he's certainly not solving the defensive problems we've had in certain big games.
Playoff time is when things count the most, of course. Allen is ok vs. average Dlinemen, but that's not who he is facing now. Part of this stems from PTSD over Austin Blythe last year, whom we lost in FA, and none of us being impressed with Allen at all. Allen did get stronger and he did better, but we didn't know what we had there at Draft time. McSnead could have drafted/signed some Dback help, but they chose not to do that. There are definitely positions that management doesn't value that highly, OG's and Centers are two of those, plus defensive safeties., etc...

Humphreys was there waiting for us to grab him without any extra draft capital needed. He might be an All Pro Center and we would have had him on a rookie deal. Really jrry, I was screaming at the tv screen on draft night, excited that this guy was there to take, and then I was screaming about the tiny midget WR we did pick

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Playoff time is when things count the most, of course. Allen is ok vs. average Dlinemen, but that's not who he is facing now. Part of this stems from PTSD over Austin Blythe last year, whom we lost in FA, and none of us being impressed with Allen at all. Allen did get stronger and he did better, but we didn't know what we had there at Draft time. McSnead could have drafted/signed some Dback help, but they chose not to do that. There are definitely positions that management doesn't value that highly, OG's and Centers are two of those, plus defensive safeties., etc...

Humphreys was there waiting for us to grab him without any extra draft capital needed. He might be an All Pro Center and we would have had him on a rookie deal. Really jrry, I was screaming at the tv screen on draft night, excited that this guy was there to take, and then I was screaming about the tiny midget WR we did pick
I didn't like the Tutu pick either, but when I look at our vulnerabilities, the OL isn't what concerns me. Going into the SF game, we were top 10 in run block win rate and #1 in pass block win rate. We might have dropped slightly after that game, but our OL is comfortably among the best in the NFL. Defensively, we are weak at ILB. And our playoff opponents are going to try and take advantage of that weakness.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didn't like the Tutu pick either, but when I look at our vulnerabilities, the OL isn't what concerns me. Going into the SF game, we were top 10 in run block win rate and #1 in pass block win rate. We might have dropped slightly after that game, but our OL is comfortably among the best in the NFL. Defensively, we are weak at ILB. And our playoff opponents are going to try and take advantage of that weakness.

The Kenny Young trade not looking good right now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think they had to wait until the whiners made their subs.

You can't run a whole different package on the field with 10 secs on the clock and not give the defense time to substitute.

True. But it sure looked like they were all set. Oh well. It's the cowgurlz so fuck 'em.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Safety is bad too. Way too up and down back there and without Fuller I am not sure what to expect.

Also re: the OL it wouldn't surprise me if the Cards play some A gap games to work on Allen. I suspect he has been struggling vs certain fronts in his calls.

Oh damn. :laugh4:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it's scooter time.

the last couple of minutes were fantastic.