Why the Rams should pull a reverse RG3 swap to get Mariota/LaCanfora

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
After the 'Team Captain' stunt that Fisher pulled trading with Washington would probably too expensive.

And whenever I Jason LaConforas name on an article or clip, I suddenly am overcome with intermittent dyslexia because it looks like this to my brain - 'Don't waste your freaking time!'

Memphis Ram

Legend
The Eagles will be competing against us for Mariota. Some are even saying they think the deal's done if he makes it to the Jets.

That's understood. My point was that the Eagles would be playing the role of the Redskins in this situation due to their draft position and that the Rams wouldn't have to give up as much due to their draft position.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Philly wont be able to wait to see where Mariota falls to on draft day if they indeed want him. Especially if Foles is going to be part of the equation

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, this is moot...hahaha.

Go all in for a rookie QB who's played in a spread and doesn't have Bradfords football IQ or swap Bradford for Foles and picks?

Hmmm.

Mariota really could free fall...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Mariota is getting critiqued pretty harshly right now, live on NFL Network. The workout isn't going smoothly. The ball isn't exploding out of his hand like they expected. Ball placement isn't right on. All from them, not me.

From me:

His footwork looks OK, and he's taking all snaps from under center. His deep ball isn't great, and his deep outs aren't great. Arm looks average. He's already have several balls hit the ground.

We all know Pro Day isn't everything, but it's part of the process.

The 2nd half of his workout is going a little better, but he just missed a deep ball by 5 yards.

Biggest digs by scouts in attendance, is that he wasn't driving the ball, even in the red zone.

Last edited:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Does the media never learn?? It doesn't work.

Regarding Mariota himself - I just dont think a mega deal trade up is worth it. Yes he's the best in this years draft (actually he's behind Winston - but people are overlooking that because of Winston's off field stuff AND the fact he's almost certainly going #1 overall - so the media have to create this "who's getting the other best QB thing".) I said at the combine - I think he's ok. I think he'll be a good pro. He's not a sure fire star though. Winston is so much more complete as passer (regarding his footwork, mechanics, timing, accuracy etc) that it would be ludicrous to trade up and get him.