Why the Rams can't build an offense around Todd Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I will say that the Gurley pick feels like the Austin pick to me. Was not impressed with either. The draft did not spit out too many top 10 surprises other than the 2 OL'ers going so high. The QB's & DL'er Williams did not drop & Cooper went high. The elite top picks were just all gone. Water now way under the bridge & out to sea.

Fisher has a big fat young stable of RB's even without a ready to go Gurley. He has two fairly high draft picks in Mason & Pead who have all kinds of reasons to take advantage of the absence of Gurley. First round top #8 pick Tavon Austin can get many opportunities to work in the backfield too & he sure needs to get the work often. Fisher has last yrs starter UDFA Benny Cunningham who is now entering his 3rd season & who will enter free agency early next yr .....with desires to show he wants to be here in 2016. Same can be said about smart old man 27 yr old Chase Reynolds about FA'cy who can do about anything Fisher asks him to do & do it most of the time right.

Fisher also loaded up & signed 3 UDFA RB's Franks, Brown & Laskey who have some talents too. Trey Watts who surprised all of us last season will be detoured early so the road will be bumpy for him. Thats 10 RB's in camp...like I said looks fat to me.

Now just shooting :shooting:from my small :seizure:brain here....I would PUP Gurley early & go with the healthy RB cadre unit. Then after the bye review the RB unit & then remove the non producer & then bring in Gurley to be eased in as the Rams press to make the playoffs.

Having a fresh fully healed Gurley to blow through the defenses the second half of the season when most of the defenders are tired slow legged & battling injuries just sounds smart to me:shades:.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
This is the difference between a Gmail and coach and a writer trying to act like one.