Why do we own the Seahawks right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
We reveal their True Team:
9c4201556575cc0b13529afe23b53a4c.png.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My guess is the pass rush..... Even when the Rams weren't a good team, we had a strong defensive line and was therefore able to generate at least some sort of pass rush. Before we had Donald we were still getting 5-6 sacks on Wilson with Quinn and Long coming off the edges. Russel Wilson's style of play just happens to get dampened a lot by a strong pass rush, which is why we're able to constantly get so many sacks, and consistently keep games close.

Then you add in McVay and an offense that can move the ball, and it shows why they're having trouble with us now. They've beaten us three times, and two of those losses McVay put the team in a position to win, but there was the Kupp dropped TD his rookie year and then GZ missed from a range he usually was pretty automatic from, so you can make an argument that from a coaching standpoint McVay has really only failed once.. And that's without looking back at the game we lost in December to see what the issues were.
Agreed. A good disciplined defensive line can keep Wilson from doing what he does best, which is playground football. He needs passing lanes to see and often moves right into sacks trying to find them. The Rams play this perfectly. Having the DBs to help cover these threats is huge, especially when they cover the scramble drill.

I also think Pete's offense is too predictable and doesn't work well without a good Online and running game. This is why he's changing to the McVay/Shanahan style. Pete loves to win with simplicity and guts. Keep it simple and give great motivational speeches to get the most from your team doesn't work anymore. I'll never forget his smug face when after defeating the Rams he said, " We never left our base defense". Now he's joining the present.

We need a thread on why do the Rams have trouble with covering tight ends deep. Seattle upgraded their tight end with Everett. They had trouble covering less athletic guys like Dan Arnold, and Cole Kmet. I hope Raheem Morris can end this miserable oversight.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Technically the lack of execution is still the head coaches fault but...

In the first game against them, Kupp dropped the game winning TD.

In the second loss, GZ misses a makeable FG to win the game.

In the third loss, we were tied before the INT.

Tano

Legend
Although we do own the Seahawks, we are 8-0 against the Cardinals since McVay came.

So we could start a thread titled - Why do we own the Cardinals?

Tano

Legend
Technically the lack of execution is still the head coaches fault but...

In the second loss, GZ misses a makeable FG to win the game.

In the third loss, we were tied before the INT.
That was a really tough pass to catch. It was off his fingertips.

I doubt many receivers could have caught that pass.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I sort of forgot about that.

I think we stack up well against Wilson. He can't get away with as many bullshit plays against our corners.

He always makes his share of plays but we are good at forcing mistakes.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
IMO it’s been the pass rush (AD & company). Plus, the early part of the series had a healthy T Gurley.
And we had AD then too.

On the other hand, Seattle has not had a great Oline. They have instead relied on Wilson’s scrambling ability. Wilson has had it with this approach and that’s why he wants out.

And imo Wilson at this point is also totally intimidated by AD and Co. It’s even worse for him with Ramsay at corner. Very few easy throws.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In our first matchup last year, Seattle's D really had a hard time with the play action fake. Everette, Kupp, and Higbee were constantly open in the middle of the field. Russel's boneheaded moves during this game didn't help them either. He could have broken out for more runs, but he forced an interception, failed to get a first down, and then slid in the fourth quarter to keep the clock running when he was down. Williams was all over the field, and had two interceptions. He was definitely a thorn. Ramsey played mostly man on their #1 WR, and only gave up a pass interference call. we did contain Russell to a degree, but he had several lanes to run in the second half.