Who's our next FA signing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Tru also became expendable because he wanted more money than he's truly worth and wouldn't sign a long term deal for a reasonable amount. Hence the two franchise tags until we could get another solution.

I like Tru, but not at an average of $15 million for a long term deal.

And some players will take a little less to stay with a team. Brees probably could have got more than he did to stay with the Saints, but he stayed anyway.
Guys like Bree's and Brady are the exception in a coupe of ways. The money they leave on the table can be made up other ways. Advertising etc that s guy like Tru would never have the opportunity to earn.
But I agree $15M is too much.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Would Marquis Flowers be a fit? FA OLB on the Patriots. Don’t watch any of their games but I know we need OLBs. Doesn’t have many sacks to his name but I know sacks don’t always tell the full story.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
I wouldn’t mind ILB Preston Brown, sturdy thumper who can clog the middle. Also Barkevious Mingo as a depth speed rusher, not a starter, because I think we should still try to go Landry, Key, or Hubbard in the first round.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Only problem is you are slowing Reynolds growth for a stop gap. If they did go after Nelson, it would tell me they are not super high on Reynolds or at least they think he is still a year away.

It would be good to have the insurance. Nelson would be better used part of the time, due to health and age. But, if Higbee and Everett don't step up, and Reynolds or Thompson aren't quite ready, then having Nelson on the team would be great as a fallback. He would be a good mentor also.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wade's a damn ninja at finding and tuning up guys out of nowhere at ILB. This draft is deep as F at the position. There is zero need to overpay some dude to come in here and do what they can get out of young and cheap players.

I don't want another contract added that they're going to have to clean up next year. Pay the MFing key guys for the love of God and draft and develop around them.

Roster fill type signings are fine. But other than that save the $$$ for the big dogs.

Ranma

Rookie
Prioritized Free-Agent Targets
  1. C: Ryan Jensen
  2. DT: Dontari Poe
  3. ILB: Zach Brown
Backup/Depth Targets
  1. ILB: Todd Davis
  2. DE: DaQuan Jones
  3. DT: Dominique Easley
  4. DE: Kony Ealy

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
NRC probably could have gone somewhere, and I bet he could have got more money. He wanted to be here.

Talib nixed a potential trade to the 49ers, because there were only two places he wanted to go - and one of them was here. Now he is here and he's happy about it.

The two big names we lost in the last 24 hours - Watkins and TruJo - put money above being here. Fine, let them go.
I think we pushed TruJo out the door tbh. I think he was franchised the first time because the organization didn't want to commit to him and the second time because they didn't have another option. He said before this season that he wanted to stay and felt the Rams wanted to go another direction, yet he still balled out this year and didn't quit or half ass imo. Then we talked to him some this year but I'm sure Talib was ALWAYS first priority, not TruJo. After the trade, he went to the highest bidder.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I had to guess I'd go with RB McKinnon for their second-wave push in seeking bargain additions. Can do a little of everything but might not be too costly due to his position and history of being a depth guy. Backing up Gurley is a pretty important piece if they can find it, and it saves the draft pick for the LB reload.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
To me the next signings should be
  1. Sullivan (he helped Goff reach the heights he did last season - keep the o-line intact)
  2. Barwin (I know he doesn't always get his props on here, but I think he brings a lot to the table for a Wade Phillips D)
  3. Dotari Poe (I'd try and get him on a nice incentive laden contract)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200w.webp

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had to guess I'd go with RB McKinnon for their second-wave push in seeking bargain additions. Can do a little of everything but might not be too costly due to his position and history of being a depth guy. Backing up Gurley is a pretty important piece if they can find it, and it saves the draft pick for the LB reload.
Reports are McKinnn is looking for $7 million a year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rumor is that the Eagles will cut Mychal Kendricks now that they re-signef Bradham. I'd love for us to add Kendricks.

Ants

Starter
If I had to guess I'd go with RB McKinnon for their second-wave push in seeking bargain additions. Can do a little of everything but might not be too costly due to his position and history of being a depth guy. ..

Um, I think he was just made the 4th highest paid RB in the NFL. :redcard:
...and by the 49ers, of all teams.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m all in on grabbing Bowman. He’s a beast in the middle and he is a smart player too in football terms. I’d love to get Suh on a team friendly deal - which he has spoken of taking for the right team. Poe would also be a good get.

The Iggles may not have much ability to sign any high end DT/NT on even a team friendly deal and it’s not really a need position for them.

My dream scenario would be to get a deal done with AD, a mid level deal with Bowman, and snag Suh with an incentive laden contract that puts him on a team where he can just play rather than be THE cog that turns the gears.

When Suh was in HS in Portland and at college in NE, he was not considered a dirty player or bad guy. FFS - he went to the Lions and I think he was coached to be that intimidator. I’d be interested to see what he’d be like on a squad that could handle their crap without that. Oh... and a winner to boot.
You and I remember Suh’s collegiate career differently. I remember him as being a bad boy at Nebraska, but I wanted him so bad it hurt over Bradford in that draft. I’m sure that you remember how utterly inept the Rams were in picking DLinemen at the time, with Adam Carriker being the latest wasted pick. Suh seemed to be a sure thing, but now I worry about his locker room presence. According to a recent story I read, Detroit teammates called him “coach” because like a player to coach relationship, other players couldn’t tell him anything. The coaches just let him do whatever he wanted. Talib and Peters will be a challenge enough with “We, not Me.” Suh would be too much to deal with, imo.