Who is the starting Center?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Barnes had game reps last year but the staff apperently didn't like him enough to give him the nod at the position at 1st.

Players don't come in at their peak and just start or not. They are coached and trained and, especially the center, need to learn to read defenses. Barnes has been chosen, if he is chosen, because of what he did between now and then, not because of what he did in a handful of starts when Wells was out. Wells sucked. Even if Barnes is average, he beats Wells.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Anyone trying to compare this years version of Tim Barnes to that from 2013 will be making a mistake.

tim-barnes.jpg

508464b0992dc.preview-620.jpg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Somewhat related news, Mike Person named starting center for the Falcons. :cry:

So yeah I'm pretty stoked about Barnes as our center.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That is interesting @BatteringRambo ...Person starting center....Well the Falcons have had a worst line than us so...there is that...
Barnes owes the Seahawks some payback from 2013...We run for 250 yards, all is great in Rams Nation...No sacks by the nose guard/defensive tackle....NONE! No pressures, no pushed back, no effing nothing...blowing up plays...Nothing Barnes!!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@CoachO as everyone knows felt Barnes should have been starting and I'm fine with Barnes, he's obviously much stronger and has done everything asked of him to earn this opportunity.

One thing that Barnes does bring to the table is that his snaps are dead on in the shut gun and both Jones and Rhaney struggled with this along with Wells last year. Feeling good about Barnes going into the Seattle game and the rest of the season.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I certainly carried Jones's water more than many (he's been one of my two favorite unheralded Rams along with Harkey for a couple of years now), but I certainly respect @CoachO when he says that Barnes has grown into NFL strength. And those MU/Preseason before/after pics do show some serious guns and a lack of gut.

I hope he does well. League average performance out of the center position would be fantastic. I kind of hope Wichmann is working on snapping the ball, if nothing else for depth and because we seem much deeper at guard these days... but a 6'6" center? Nevermind. Forget I suggested it.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm not gonna bash on Barnes any more than I have in the past since what's the point, he's been chosen. Personally I see the Barnes situation similar to the McLeod situation, it is what it is but not the end of the world. The time for negative is over, at last we've arrived at a season to be excited about!