Who is the most underrated player on the Rams right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who is the most underrated player on the Rams right now?​

Everyone knows the big-name players on the Los Angeles Rams. Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Matthew Stafford, Cooper Kupp. But games aren’t won by just four or five players. And for the Rams last season, it was a bunch of lesser-known studs who stepped up to help L.A. field the No. 1 defense and reach the divisional round of the playoffs.

When looking at the Rams’ current roster, it’s easy to pick out players who are underrated. Darious Williams immediately comes to mind, as does Jordan Fuller, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Robert Woods and Tyler Higbee.

Pro Football Focus picked the most underrated player on each team in the NFL right now and for the Rams, Williams was the guy.

Dating back to college, Darious Williams really doesn’t have any bad tape to his name over any extended period. He assumed the No. 2 corner job in Los Angeles last season and proceeded to earn a top-10 PFF grade, allowing just 48.7% of passes thrown into his coverage to be caught for a passer rating of only 55.4.

Ramsey is an elite cornerback in his own right, but Williams shouldn’t be overlooked. He’s not known nationally by most casual fans, but he put together a phenomenal 2020 season, which was his first as a starter.

With Troy Hill gone, Williams will become an even bigger part of the secondary and presumably see an uptick in playing time, too. Despite being such an important piece of the defense, he played just 80.5% of the snaps in 2020 compared to 94.9% for Hill.

Fans everywhere will become more aware of Williams’ name this season as he looks to make a push for the Pro Bowl.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I wouldn't say underrated, he's one of Wussell's favorite receiving targets. They're quite well acquainted with each other.

dang

Legend
I know we all know how great he is...but Whit is the most underrated player on the Rams roster. He and Bobby Trees turned the Rams offense around IMMEDIATELY in 2017. IMO his play, attitude and leadership are unmatched by any other OL in the league. Look at his salary??? He’s worth 2-3 times his cap hit. I hope and pray the Rams have already agreed to bring him on as a coach when he decides to retire.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Underrated to casual fans is going to be different than underrated to us. I don't think I would call DWill underrated by us. I think Brockers was somewhat underrated by many of us. Maybe SJD? Higbeast? Corbett?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Underrated to casual fans is going to be different than underrated to us. I don't think I would call DWill underrated by us. I think Brockers was somewhat underrated by many of us. Maybe SJD? Higbeast? Corbett?
Good post. I agree on SJD and Higbee.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I think it’s Rob Havenstein. He’s been a steady, reliable player for most of his career, but he’s constantly spoken of as an expendable piece.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would say Sebastian Joseph Day as my pick. Very reliable, and great against the run. You can tell he loves the game of football.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's DWill for sure. I'll go back to a previous post where i stated what i see on our rival boards...and i see a lot of uninformed fans spitting out things like we don't have much defensive talent outside of AD & Ramsey. If those fans were paying any attention they'd know who DWill is because he would start over almost all of the CB's on their own roster.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm REALLY hoping that the Rams spend on DWill and a quality vet LT next offseason. Priority one.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO it’s the d-linemen rotation: SJD, Gaines, and hopefully in the future the Brown(s).

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Darrell Henderson

For as small as he is he's a tough runner and led all our backs with a 4.5 average per carry last year.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Wolford may be our most underrated player. I like having him as a backup to Stafford. It seems somewhere around half of us don’t think he’s very good (if I had to guess.)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's DWill for sure. I'll go back to a previous post where i stated what i see on our rival boards...and i see a lot of uninformed fans spitting out things like we don't have much defensive talent outside of AD & Ramsey. If those fans were paying any attention they'd know who DWill is because he would start over almost all of the CB's on their own roster.

This is a good point. Most Rams fans know he's a stud but a lot of other fans don't.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
This is a good point. Most Rams fans know he's a stud but a lot of other fans don't.
I was quite surprised no teams offered us a first round pick or other compensation in return for DWill such as KC or Dallas.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Surprised by all the DL. When AD was hurt in playoffs, nobody stepped up.
Rams were criticized by many for giving DWilliams a first round tender. That is underated imo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Floyd. High end pick who can still get better. Strong side terror.