Who do you think will be the Rams top pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
so i guess u want cooper or White. they want be on the board. This draft isnt that deep.

Well, the WR draft is probably the deepest again for a 2nd year in a row imo. The defensive draft isn't that deep which is why I think some defensive starved teams won't be passing up on the very good 1st round talent. Once you get out of the 1st, I think there's a big jump off of D players. And there are only a few good OTs in this draft as well. It's mostly an OG/OT conversion to OG O-line draft.

Collins had a brutal sparq score(25% range vs nfl olinemen) and is only 6'4 1/2 300 lbs with short arms...think Clemmings will be their pick if they are only looking at olinemen. Too much ego to draft another wr. Flowers was mocked to the rams by Casserly and also makes sense in a bad draft with only 10-12 players with 1st rd grades

Collins seems to keep sliding. Not good imo. Agree on being about that many true players deserving of a 1st round grade though I'd open that up to about 15. Couple character guys might slide into the 2nd because of it.

Will say, I'm defo on board with a trade down if we don't have the option of Cooper at 10. (Yea, I'm fully convinced now White is going at 4 to the Raiduhs.)

thehammer

Rookie
I'd be interested to hear your opinion on OG Mark Glowinski out of West Virginia, I've been Looking at him today!

fun to watch..started a thread about on on the stl board maybe 3/4 months back
great sparq, very, very athletic....does a great job on 2nd level. solid vs power. good not great in protection..rams attended his pro day..they have to know White will be long gone by #10...

should go in that 4th/5th rd area.....not sure he will be a day 1 starter but should develop into a solid starter down the road

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
fun to watch..started a thread about on on the stl board maybe 3/4 months back
great sparq, very, very athletic....does a great job on 2nd level. solid vs power. good not great in protection..rams attended his pro day..they have to know White will be long gone by #10...

should go in that 4th/5th rd area.....not sure he will be a day 1 starter but should develop into a solid starter down the road
He looks like one of those guys who will have a job for many years in the NFL. I just don't know what level he will be at. It all depends on smarts, work ethic, and experience that evolves into opportunities for him. He appears to have the mental part, and he's athletic enough. I agree on your draft position estimation.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm thinking the two best WR's are gone by 10, and we Trade down and take either La'el Collins, Cameron Erving, or Erek Flowers!

This is how I foresee it as well, need a few trade backs to gain draft assets to build OL and finish off the DEF

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher and Snead were all about the Best Player Available last year. They took Robinson, then Donald despite having a good Dline, and they wanted to trade back into round 1 for Martin. They also said they were prepared to take CJ Mosley if Donald and Martin were off the board. They really liked those 4 players. I think Odell Beckham was mentioned in there too, not sure.

So if they stick to the Best Player Available drafting, then Cooper and White would have to be in the mix. They are better at their position than any of the Olinemen are at theirs.

Could this lead into the temptation of the Giants to provide Manning with a elite WR with the #9 selection right before the Rams pick @ #10? White or Cooper are very seducing & could lure them astray.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6313/victor-cruz
NJ.com considers Victor Cruz's 2015 production off a patellar tendon tear a "crapshoot."

Cruz is five months removed from surgery and he's "nowhere near" ready for football action. The Giants hope to be able to ease him in at training camp in August, but that's far from a given. And even once Cruz does get back, the concern is that he won't have the short-area quicks that made him so effective in the slot. Patellar tears are far rarer and more difficult to overcome than ACL tears. Mar 26 - 8:43 AM

View: https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/580738318213640192

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Could this lead into the temptation of the Giants to provide Manning with a elite WR with the #9 selection right before the Rams pick @ #10? White or Cooper are very seducing & could lure them astray.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6313/victor-cruz
NJ.com considers Victor Cruz's 2015 production off a patellar tendon tear a "crapshoot."

Cruz is five months removed from surgery and he's "nowhere near" ready for football action. The Giants hope to be able to ease him in at training camp in August, but that's far from a given. And even once Cruz does get back, the concern is that he won't have the short-area quicks that made him so effective in the slot. Patellar tears are far rarer and more difficult to overcome than ACL tears. Mar 26 - 8:43 AM

View: https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/580738318213640192[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but with Odell Beckham on the team I think they go with Scherf. Some teams go strictly BPA and others have different ideas. We will see what happens.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Maybe, but with Odell Beckham on the team I think they go with Scherf. Some teams go strictly BPA and others have different ideas. We will see what happens.

Would guess that many may see Brandon Scherff as a BPA @ #9. Look like CBS Sports & NFL.com agrees with you. Many here in this forum feels that Brandon Scherff is not a Top Ten prospect.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/track...acker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:1

I would first want to protect a QB like Manning too. Get him some big top talent up front would be a much better pick to improve the Giants team. Another WR even like White would do very little for them in that area.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I want Cameron Erving.

If we can somehow still get him by moving down a little with our first or up with our second pick that would be cool. I see most mocks having him going towards the end of the first to New England (yuck) or Seattle (double yuck). My sense is that he's going to keep climbing and come draft day he's going be at worst mid round 1st as Kyle Long did.

Last edited: