Who do we feed the ball to after TGII...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Seth Griffith
The last time I was this excited for the week after 1 Jan was 2004 (no brainer). That being said, I have to wonder what is going through McVay's 25 lb. brain right now, while drawing up an attack that will be balanced and attack ATL's weaknesses. First I'm going to state the obvious, then I'm going to pretend that I am McVay...

- Todd Gurley: will get his touches, period, and it needs to be the focus. If ATL shuts down the run for the most part, get TGII into the flats and pass him the damn ball! One way or another, he needs 20-25 touches.

- Gerald Everett: if I'm McVay, this game would be his coming out party. In part, because I'm not so sure he will be game planned for much, and also because he is a freakish athlete that gets YAC. I was actually really pumped when we selected him with our first pick in the draft, and then I was even more pumped when I realized that we got the TE McVay wanted and didn't loss out on Cooper Kupp!

Now I know that we have a lot of mouths to feed, which is such a welcome problem for us. SOOOO, I'm not forgetting about Woods, Kupp, Watkins and to a lesser extend, Higbee. But what I'm saying is, target Everett on some 1st and 2nd downs with some clever play design to get him in space or get the mismatch we want. If I'm McVay, I'm going to show you why I took him with our first overall pick.

*Note* I'm not McVay, so Everett probably only gets targeted 2-3 times this game, and we win by 10 points! Either way, I could not be more excited to watch our RAMS this Saturday evening!

Cheers!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Everett started out really well thus season, has dropped a few passes since and has not broken any big plays.

His best attribute is running after the catch, not sure if we see that this weekend but in the future Mcvay will find a way

Ram65

Legend
Now I know that we have a lot of mouths to feed, which is such a welcome problem for us. SOOOO, I'm not forgetting about Woods, Kupp, Watkins and to a lesser extend, Higbee. But what I'm saying is, target Everett on some 1st and 2nd downs with some clever play design to get him in space or get the mismatch we want. If I'm McVay, I'm going to show you why I took him with our first overall pick.

I'll start here. Did you see last weeks game. Don't want to start the drop vs bad pass debate again so I will just say Everett did NOT have a good game. I liked the pick but, Everett has not been making plays of late. In fact Higbee has stepped up and made some nice catches and blocks of late. Everett will get some PT and could make a play or two. He gives the defense something to think about.

- Todd Gurley: will get his touches, period, and it needs to be the focus. If ATL shuts down the run for the most part, get TGII into the flats and pass him the damn ball! One way or another, he needs 20-25 touches.

I've been surprised by McVay's game planning. He seems to favor the pass (more in second half of season) to set up the run and play action. He has mixed in the screen game to the max. His first drive play calling moves the ball down field with the pass mostly mixing in some runs. As far as I can tell the Falcons use speed to their advantage on defense. McVay will call plays according to the defensive formations. If the Falcons load the box with 8-9 defenders look for pass. If not look for a little more running mixed in. Gurley will get his touches I'm just one to put a number on them. I heard Todd has 368 or so combined touches this year leading the league.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think McVay will do what he has to do to win the game.

I think he's got confidence in everyone or they wouldn't be playing. Kupp had a bad game and the next game, McVay went to him early and often.

The best way to undermine a guy's confidence is to avoid him after a bad game. It feels punitive even if it's not.

I think we'll use all of our weapons and I'll be rooting for Everett like everyone else to have a MONSTER game!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On Saturday, the team needs to play like there is no tomorrow. If that means 35 touches for Gurley, then so be it. I would love to see a monstrous output of yards and points, because I know that the Falcons haven't shown the ability to score as many points as last year.....A 40 burger would be a statement to all of the haters in the media..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think after Gurley the priority is everybody. Seriously. Just depends on how Atlanta approaches this thing.

Rams have mismatch opportunities with Watkins, Woods, and Kupp. On top of Gurley that's four mismatches for a defense in the passing game, which puts an offense into elite range. This is why I keep saying that if the TEs step up things gonna get ugly for whoever plays us. So if it is Everett, well, it's gonna be an @$$ stomping of the Falcons.

I have a feeling it's going to be Watkins' turn, though, on Saturday. He's never been in the playoffs, and should have plenty of looks vs cover 3, which he should be used to by now in this scheme. I suspect he'll go off.

fearsomefour

Legend
Everett started out really well thus season, has dropped a few passes since and has not broken any big plays.

His best attribute is running after the catch, not sure if we see that this weekend but in the future Mcvay will find a way
I think he played his way out of a large playoff role last Sunday.