Who, among the “other half” of the 2023 draft class do you still have hope for?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Among those on the bottom half of the 2023 draft class, I have the most hope for…

• Nick Hampton

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Zach Evans

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Ochaun Mathis

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Warren McClendon

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Stetson Bennett

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Tre Hodges-Tomlinson

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Jason Taylor II

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • They’re all short-term guys.

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was at that game too. And yes it sucked. And for good measure, I was freezing my ass off up high in that stadium.
I had club level seats and we still spent most of the second half inside at the bar watching. It was windy af that damn day. I remember thinking to myself that Keenum just didn't have the arm to throw in that wind. Hell, Flacco couldn't either.

Come to think of it, that was the game that Keenum got knocked into a parallel universe and somehow Fisher decided it was a good idea to send him back in...... Criminal.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Can we just take a moment and bask in the number of viable candidates we have for this now?

I still have flashbacks to that 2006-2016 time period… and all those trash drafts…

I feel like we’re flush with talent and that’s a great feeling!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Tre, I was excited for last offseason until I saw him flounder during preseason. I hope I'm wrong and there's marked improvement this season but I just didn't see enough that he can overcome his physical detriments. Hopefully the game speeds up enough he starts making up for his height with smarts and those long arms.

I think the best case scenario for Tomlinson is to play out his rookie contract as a Special Teamer. After that? Like nearly every name on the list, I doubt he gets a second deal.

Tomlinson reached his ceiling in college, IMO. He’s athletic and tenacious, but physically overmatched at the NFL level.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
By process of elimination, it would be McClendon. He is the only player on the list who didn’t get bumped further down the depth chart after this offseason. The Rams acquired talent at RB, CB, Safety, and Edge/OLB.

I don’t see a lot, if any, second contracts in that bunch; but this is year two for them and who knows how big of a leap some will make. KW couldn’t get on the field in a lost season (2022) and then lit up the NFL last year. Who knows what will happen with a guy like Zach Evans?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I have hope for all of them.

Is the pressure on or off for Hampton and Mathis? They basically drafted their replacements this year. What have they got to lose?
Taylor was talked up quite a bit last year but they drafted a dynamite safety and signed another in free agency.
Tomlinson has a bigger hill to climb than last year with DWill and White on the roster

I'd think the guys who have the best shots are Bennett, McClendon and Evans, not in that order. I picked Evans.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I assume you mean Justin Forsett's arm in Baltimore? I was at that game!!
Yep. Anybody needing a refresher on why AD was so feared see video. Hard to call unnecessary roughness for tackling too hard -- I remember watching this live and praying for the dude to get up. I bet the whole stadium went quiet for a few seconds.

To get back on topic though I chose Stetson Bennet in the poll.

View: https://youtu.be/PQJnjvVwK3I?si=kpnj1DuhK3js5p0Q

View: https://youtu.be/65vd5SJj5CU?si=x9-m2CZIptIcsgZj

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I won’t judge a rookie for one bad play. THT has oodles of potential defensively, and was arguably our most talented gunner on special teams.
Well, you won't have to, THT made many bad plays and likely would have been the whooping boy over Kendricks had they switched snap counts.
I will say though that I think both could improve and contribute. I believe this due to the idea that they both love the game.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
THEY WERE.jpeg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
THT's got the skill set to be a good DB. He has to scale it back though. Gets out of control with the reckless play. There's a fine line between aggressive play and reckless play. Gotta find that happy medium.