Whitworths value cannot not be measured...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Wish I had a screenshot of the moment I'm about to mention. A picture is worth a thousand words they say.

Saffold had just left the game with an injured ankle. Blythe comes in to replace him. It is still an injury timeout and the camera is on Blythe as he is standing in an informal huddle next to Whitworth. Now Whit is just a huge man and he towers over Blythe. But what it looks like Whit is doing is having a very serious teaching moment with Blythe.

He is talking to Blythe in a very serious posture. Not joking or asking what's he doing after the game but it looks like he is imparting some serious coaching on young Blythe.

Leadership at it's finest. Making sure his new left guard knows what is going on and what to watch for and how to handle it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Oh, ... I get the implication, but just look at last season and this, Robinson or Whitworth, I think it actually can be measured. :cheers:

fearsomefour

Legend
Wish I had a screenshot of the moment I'm about to mention. A picture is worth a thousand words they say.

Saffold had just left the game with an injured ankle. Blythe comes in to replace him. It is still an injury timeout and the camera is on Blythe as he is standing in an informal huddle next to Whitworth. Now Whit is just a huge man and he towers over Blythe. But what it looks like Whit is doing is having a very serious teaching moment with Blythe.

He is talking to Blythe in a very serious posture. Not joking or asking what's he doing after the game but it looks like he is imparting some serious coaching on young Blythe.

Leadership at it's finest. Making sure his new left guard knows what is going on and what to watch for and how to handle it.
Yeah.
I noticed that too.
Even gave him a little pat on the shoulder and Blythe nodded his head....
Go get em kid.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
HUGE addition. I think i had a post in preseason in a thread about the 5 key players to turning this mess around(or something like that).

I had Whit #2 behind Goff. HUGE man and HUGE asset to this offense as a whole.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Yeah.
I noticed that too.
Even gave him a little pat on the shoulder and Blythe nodded his head....
Go get em kid.

View: https://youtu.be/gBwVqoBVBL0

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And I hate to admit that before the FA period began I completely discounted Big Whit due to his age. But the Rams really did their homework on the FA signings and not just at LT. They hit home runs with Sullivan and Woods as well, both of whom are better than I thought they were.

Can't say enough of what a great team Snead & McVay look like right now.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Would love to see him as an assistant O-line coach for us once he hangs up the cleats

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Whitworth has been a godsend to most of us long awaiting Rams fans. When I saw him try and run down Ingram (i think that was who it was...) from the Chargers in the preseason. I had to stop and reevaluate. I knew he was a decent lineman. But here's a guy nobody would care if he just quit running because he was behind the play. And he made him run as hard as he could just to keep from being shown up. I knew right then.....the guy was a leader and was one of the best we could even hope for. And the guy has been even better since then. In my opinion....for the franchise....he's been the best Free agent since Faulk!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup I remember this moment and noticed Whit coaching up Blythe and knew we'd be fine. He's so great for this young team.

MachS

Hall of Fame
After the McVay hiring, this was hands down the most impactful move we made in the off-season.

One play that stands out to me was in the preseason. I think Goff or someone threw a pick 6 and big Whit sprinted a good 60+ yards to try and catch him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I nominate Andrew Whitworth for Rams MVP. Without him I'm not sure Rams could have won half the games they have. Goff certainly wouldn't have the numbers he has. The whole teams success kinda starts with him. Not only his pro bowl play at LT, but as a mentor to the rest of the OL and an outstanding example of how to conduct yourself as an NFL player in the locker room.

Whitworth for MVP!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I noticed that "Moment" in the game Too, and I thought, at the Time, "WOW! Whit is taking charge out there!!" But, he is a Team Captain too! I loved it!!

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
After just of a half season played for the Rams I am already a big fan of the man

Left tackles are so important. They elevate the play of the entire line. Usually when the Rams have had great LT's they have also had better QB play and more productive running games.

For me the Whitworth signing is really similar to when the Rams picked up Aeneas Williams in 2001.

I hope Whit can play two more productive seasons after this one. No matter what, the Rams need to have a plan in place to get a successor for him as early as next year. With Whit being able to play a couple more years our Rams can be patient in the draft and take some mid or later round guys with strong upside and a strong work ethic that still need some Kromer polish. They do not need to panic yet and use a pick a first round pick to get a immediate starter but the Rams do need to start planning on how to find his eventual replacement.

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Oh yes it can...
upload_2017-11-15_13-10-19.jpeg