Whitworth and Saffold No Pro Bowl?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Who would you have removed for whitworth or saffold?

Tryon Smith and Trent Williams have been banged up and not at their best this season. They are getting in off of reputation Whit deserves it over either. Lane Johnson is the best RT in the league

Close call between Scherf and Saffold. At the least Saffold deserves an alternate spot.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking the same thing. Everyone is putting Pittsburgh and NE in the AFC chipper but I really believe the Jags are the best team over there.

I wanna see the jags dline beat up on that cheating fuck Brady. Make it so.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Congrats to our dudes. But IMO the Rams are more concerned with winning it all this year than the personal accolades.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Whitworth over Tyrunn Smith. Smith has been a mess all year and hurt most of the time. That selection was on reputation.

Saffold should be at least an alternate.

C'mon, you know they have to get their darling America's teamers in there.

JackStraw

Rookie
Even though deserving, I think if you take away the Seattle game not quite sure Cooper gets in. He really did show off that night. He runs so god damn goofy, in the most complimentary way.

Last time we had the best perceived KR(Horne) and PR(Hakim) in the game Rams won the SB.

The only thing we're missing is that rags to riches story line guy. Hopefully someone like Troy Hill( 2 INTs including 4th quarter pick 6) or Longacre (3 sacks, 2 FF, 1 TD) ends up being SB MVP:whistle:

JackStraw

Rookie
We don't have any guys outside Gurely with huge numbers... it's a lot of different people contributing.

I expect in the future years those numbers are going to get bigger as Goff gets better.
Robert Woods will be a top 3 NFC WR if he gives us a full season next year. Can make the big play, can score in red zone and his fearless attitude makes him so clutch equating to a 3rd down conversion percentage that is off the charts. Gone are the days Ram's WRs routes appear to be designed to catch the ball 2-3 yards short of sticks on 3rd down. If we don't convert on 3rd-7 we're punting on 4th and 7 instead of 4th and short.

Kupp will play second fiddle with a measly 80Rec 1100yds 6TD

Assuming Watkins moves on, wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper come into his own as a WR next year either. Which if is the case would unfortunately make it nearly impossible to sign him to a contract extension - but with McVay I think we become that new team that never struggles through transitions and it doesn't matter who our skill positions players are, they will execute/overachieve

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking the same thing. Everyone is putting Pittsburgh and NE in the AFC chipper but I really believe the Jags are the best team over there.

Jacksonville's defense is just smothering. And Bortles is actually playing really good right now-- without his RB. I dont think anyone wants to play Jacksonville right now.

The team I'm looking at for us is Carolina. A team we haven't seen this season. I think we can beat NOLA, Atlanta, Minnesota, Philly, etc. But that Carolina team seems tricky.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brian Baldinger in “Baldy’sBreakdown” of the Rams vs Hawk game breakdown focused on Rodger Saffold and what he did in that game and all year...”Best LG in the NFL!!!!” He exclaimed. Make no mistake, this is a popularity contest. If it was based only on performance, Saffold is Pro Bowler, no doubt

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Whitworth has been great. But he’s surely slowing down a bit. Seems to let up a sack each game now. I think he’s allowed 7 this year. Which is borderline Greg Robinson territory. But he makes up for it with run blocking and not allowing pressures 99% of the time.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It is nice to get the recognized as the best at what you do, but the game is a joke. I doubt I even watch it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Whitworth has been great. But he’s surely slowing down a bit. Seems to let up a sack each game now. I think he’s allowed 7 this year. Which is borderline Greg Robinson territory. But he makes up for it with run blocking and not allowing pressures 99% of the time.

Its sad but true.

Our team next year will go as far as our LT play will take us.

Its my number one concern.

Whitworth has been invaluable to this team. Believing we have solved that problem is sadly just wishful thinking.

Give us a dependable and young LT that can keep up with Goff and Gurley... McVay will dominate this league for years.

A55VA6

Legend
Amazing that Saffold gets no love. He's been one of the better Guards in all of football this year.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't I just read somewhere that Saffold has not given up ONE QB "pressure" in several games?? How can anyone play better than that?? And we've seen him crush defenders downfield. And Tyron Smith has not had a good year. Say what you want about Whitworth, but he has played better than Smith this year. I hope our entire offense gets a chip on their shoulders from this BS and starts playing even better!!!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Whit e is giving up a sack a game the last 4-5 games....but so what.....if he isn't giving up any pressures---which I seem him being very successful in pass pro from play to play. Stopping PRessure is more important than one sack in a game. He gives the skinny Goff confidence, and that is priceless. I do think he will struggle in the playoffs, unless they give him the 2nd half of the 49er game off.....maybe I am wrong....

Saffold, we all know, is pro bowl quality....I don't need to hear about Sherff who has been hurt.....Sherff is great, though, when healthy

ausmurp

Starter
As long as the fans continue to have 100% say over for these kind of things the best players will never be represented

The coaches, players and media should be calling the shots, in that order.

Fans don't it's a combination of fans, coaches, and players. Says on the voting page.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just think it's a travesty that Whit and Saffold didn't make it! Anyone who has watched them Destroy D-Line's and Block down-field knows-it!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Pro Bowl will be played Jan. 28, 2018 at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Fla.

I thought the NFL had decided to rotate the game in NFL venues. Why would they take it to a second rate stadium?

Running Back: Todd Gurley, Rams*; Alvin Kamara, Saints; Mark Ingram, Saints

So the Saints just send their entire backfield to the Pro Bowl..........that's impressive and it's good to see Brees still kicking ass at his age.

I don't recall two RB's frmo the same team getting into the PB.

Make no mistake, this is a popularity contest. If it was based only on performance, Saffold is Pro Bowler, no doubt

I agree in part, however I can't say 100% because I don't watch lots and lots of other games I only watch a few. But Saffold is flat out beating anyone in front of him each and every snap.