Which was your best motorcycle ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
So I have been riding motorcycles since I was 4 years old and racing them since I was 7. I started out racing motocross but then transitioned to road racing when I was 13. The best bike I've ever raced was my 2007 Yamaha R6. I'll try to find a picture of it for y'all. Last year, Yamaha offered a lot of $$$ for racers who could win on their new R3 in the expert classes so I bought and raced one of those. The bike was a blast and I ended up winning 2 Expert Championships! Anyway, here's a picture of me on the R3 at Roebling Road Raceway in Georgia:

20139784_10209253325401191_2173722454287412823_n.jpg

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My Best... was also my 1st... and my last.

I told this story here at some time in the past. My Granddad bought me one of these brand new. He had a huge orange grove back then and that provided lots of long dirt straightaways and sand for us to ride on. My friend and I both had dirt bikes. We got to the point where we needed AIR. So we started building big jumps with the tractor and loads of dirt/sand from the grove. The jumps kept getting bigger and bigger. We got to the point that we were able to get serious air and not kill ourselves somehow.

Well... one particular afternoon on our biggest jump ever... I managed to get the most air that I think I had ever achieved. Problem was... my landing came down straight into one of those orange trees. Not sure if you know how terrible orange tree thorns are... but they are the worst. I felt like that Pin-Head character in those Hellraiser movies... But I had the pins stuck all through my body, not just the head. That was my last ride pretty much. Road that little bad ass for years before I got to that point though.

This looks exactly like mine.

1978_XR75_A-799197.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I never owned a Bike because I figured I would Kill myself if I owned one! But, If I where to Buy one it would be Lie my nephew Jordan has, this is his BABY!

View attachment 23747
View attachment 23748
I just receive an e-mail from my Nephew Jordan, he and his friend just raced from Palmdale California to Colorado (Jordan on his Baby!) in "54 minutes!!!" he said he "Fish-Tailed once" but made it!!

I Chewed his A$$ out, had to remind him He has a Wife and two Kids ( a baby less than a year old!) who need him!

Insanity runs deep in my family!:LOL::D

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
images.jpg

My first and favorite bike. Yamaha 360 Enduro - absolutely loved it. Bought it used from a (rich) college friend with less than 1,000 miles on it - absolutely pristeen. His wife didn't want him to have it. His name was Laidlaw, which I only mention because coincidentally I bought my first Harley years later from his uncle's shop in SoCal.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
So I have been riding motorcycles since I was 4 years old and racing them since I was 7. I started out racing motocross but then transitioned to road racing when I was 13. The best bike I've ever raced was my 2007 Yamaha R6. I'll try to find a picture of it for y'all. Last year, Yamaha offered a lot of $$$ for racers who could win on their new R3 in the expert classes so I bought and raced one of those. The bike was a blast and I ended up winning 2 Expert Championships! Anyway, here's a picture of me on the R3 at Roebling Road Raceway in Georgia:

View attachment 23766

Buddy and I went to Laguna Seca 1000 GP a few years back.
You guys are like gods to me - never seen (or heard) anything like it - Cheers!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just receive an e-mail from my Nephew Jordan, he and his friend just raced from Palmdale California to Colorado (Jordan on his Baby!) in "54 minutes!!!" he said he "Fish-Tailed once" but made it!!

I Chewed his A$$ out, had to remind him He has a Wife and two Kids ( a baby less than a year old!) who need him!

Insanity runs deep in my family!:LOL::D

OK Dave, i'm gonna take a wild guess and suggest you mean Colorado Blvd., not the State of Colorado ?

54 minutes ? Palmdale to Colorado is something like 500 miles away. :redcard:

That must be some kind of TurboCharger attached to his Flux Capacitor ? :LOL:

My Harley would start losing parts at 120 mph.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View attachment 23766
Dude, that's amazing
giphy.gif