Which Draft Pick Will Have The Best Rookie Impact?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Draft Pick Will Have The Best Rookie Impact?

• Tavon Austin

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Alec Ogletree

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • TJ McDonald

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Stedman Bailey

• Barrett Jones

• Brandon McGee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zac Stacy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A55VA6

Legend
I think they all could have a huge impact. I think Bailey could have a similar impact to Givens last year.. but I'll say Tavon.

I say this because of his big play ability and we're going to be putting the ball in his hands and I think he'll score us TD's.

bluecoconuts

Legend
My guess is Austin, I think he has the best chance for rookie of the year.

However I think that McDonald will surprise some people.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Austin most likely. Ogletree in the mix as well.

There is a reason these guys were highly touted.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Barrett Jones once he gets off the PUP.

Jake Long, Barrett Jones, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Rodger Saffold.

Bring it. :box: :ninja:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Ummm...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU[/youtube]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:

Jones may not start on PUP. It's my understanding, unless I misheard or misunderstood, that the FO and Staff expects him to be ready to start. Or at least thats the message I got from the press conference. So that's good....

I voted for Tavon Awesome tho. How can you not?

I think TJ McDonald will make an impact too. There's something about him I like. I cant put my finger on it, but I have a feeling he'll be an enforcer in our secondary for a long time.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Angry Ram said:

Jones may not start on PUP. It's my understanding, unless I misheard or misunderstood, that the FO and Staff expects him to be ready to start. Or at least thats the message I got from the press conference. So that's good....

I voted for Tavon Awesome tho. How can you not?

I think TJ McDonald will make an impact too. There's something about him I like. I cant put my finger on it, but I have a feeling he'll be an enforcer in our secondary for a long time.

Grew up with a father in the NFL, who taught him plenty about the technical & leadership aspects of the game. It also didn't help that he got his father's genetics. There are plenty of things McDonald can work on, but his athletic gifts, football IQ, & leadership qualities will help ease his transition to the NFL

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5de4ce50af9211e2be5222000a1fafb5_7.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Ogletrees a major wildcard. Depending on what he does in the weight room, and what the coaches can mold him into this off season, idk if he'll be an impact starter right away. I would say right now, even though I love the Bailey pickup, that if Jones gets healthy sooner than later he's a very big piece in this team moving forward considering our lines health history.

But yeah, like I said, Austin... No contest here. Instant impact. By far and away the best player that wasn't a linemen in this draft. If not the best overall.

I actually don't think this draft had that many instant "game changers." Last years draft class blew this one out of the fucking water. The Rams still had a great draft considering the circumstances.

jap

Legend
Tavon's impact won't just depend on what he does but also what he frees other teammates up to do. Chris Givens had five straight games with a reception of 50+ yards, then his average dropped because teams started shading the coverage his way to take away the deep ball. Once Tavon establishes himself as a dynamic threat to take it to the house on any given play, he will draw the extra attention and start freeing his teammates often for simple 1-on-1 coverage. How many NFL DB's can hang with Chris on an island? How many LB's or safeties can stay with Jared or Kendricks 1-on-1? Who's going to account for Stedman or the maturing man child, Brian Quick? What is Sam I Am going to look like when his receivers are not being consistently blanketed, his OL protection is rock solid, and he has all day to play surgery with defensive schemes?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
jap said:
Tavon's impact won't just depend on what he does but also what he frees other teammates up to do. Chris Givens had five straight games with a reception of 50+ yards, then his average dropped because teams started shading the coverage his way to take away the deep ball. Once Tavon establishes himself as a dynamic threat to take it to the house on any given play, he will draw the extra attention and start freeing his teammates often for simple 1-on-1 coverage. How many NFL DB's can hang with Chris on an island? How many LB's or safeties can stay with Jared or Kendricks 1-on-1? Who's going to account for Stedman or the maturing man child, Brian Quick? What is Sam I Am going to look like when his receivers are not being consistently blanketed, his OL protection is rock solid, and he has all day to play surgery with defensive schemes?
+100 This is what I always tell my buddies, how can you expect a guy to perform if he hasn't been given the tools to be successful. Now Sam has everything he needs to command a deadly offense, cannot fucking wait!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I would think it would have to be Tavon Awesome. That guy can play football. His speed, explosiveness, moves, vision, cutback/jump back ability, hands, ability to lull defenders to sleep then explode past them...I seriously haven't seen anything like it since Barry Sanders. If Tavon was 5 inches taller he would have been the #1 overall pick, in this draft, and many others in the past

Interestingly, the linebacker position is the one position on defense that traditionally can make a big impact as a rookie. I can see Ogletree excelling as a rookie, or perhaps taking another year to figure it out. He is reportedly not a bad guy but is a follower. If he can "follow" JL, the guy could end up being special. He can hit a ton and really cover the entire field. He will be great to help slow down Wilson or Kaepernick if they try to run on us. He has the speed and explosiveness to get after the QB and could be a real playmaker at LB. He seems so fast that he could conceivably play SS if needed

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Tavon,if for no other reason he's going to get the most opportunity,WR,KR,PR
Second choice TJ McD ,playing behind the best pass rush in the league he "should get a lot of chances at errant throws,also in defense OF this pick, he IMO is a pretty good TE matchup and but for HOW TE's torched us last year we woulda made the playoffs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I had to vote for TA, as others have said, apart from his own play, he'll be freeing up the other WRs, he's (and our offense) is going to be nightmare to defend and I love it!!!

But, I also think that Ogletree is going to make a massive impact, and Barrett Jones is my fave pick of the whole draft, then there's Bailey - this team has so much upside this year, we have so many weapons....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I voted for T.J. McDonald. I get the feeling that all of these players are going to make impacts, but it's McDonald that I think is going to make the biggest impact. Not only is he a brilliant enforcer, but he also has underrated ball skills. Like libertadrocks said, there's just something about the guy that I really like as a player.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think we're gonna need a recount on this poll anytime soon.