Where Nick Fairley fits in Rams' DL rotation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nick Fairley was an awesome pickup. I think he'll play around 50% to 55% of the snaps. He'll give Donald and Brockers plenty of rest as well as taking over for Brockers on passing downs. I expect big things from him. He's one of the best interior disruptors in the league. Just needs to stay healthy and motivated.

And even on the chance he doesn't do well it's a one year deal and the upside is sooo worth a gamble

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He might possibly beat out Brockers for a spot if hes healthy, I might be wrong but didnt he do good next to Suh? I dont see much difference talent wise between Suh and Donald, if anything I think Donald will be at the same level or better.

I don't think he's beating out Brockers because they play a different role. Brockers is the Nose T and lines up over the C. He's supposed to be a space eater occupying two guys. I didn't peg this as being his role when we drafted him - but that's what's happened and having Donald makes it very effective because it can free up Donald to get after the QB - with his scary speed he just beats one guy and he's there in an instant. Fairley's a pash rushing DT whose closest competitor directly on this team is A Donald - who I don't think anyone in the game would beat out on last years form.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I wouldn't be so sure. He reported in in really good shape, and appears to be buying what Fishers selling! He wouldn't be the 1st NFL player to change his ways and become Great! A certain WR who played for the Vikings comes to mind!

Cordarrelle?