Where does Mo Alexander fit?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd still like McLeod resigned also though. Really happy with his progression through the last half of the year. He will be cheap and he's durable and still ascending IMO.
Oh god, no....Unless you are happy with mediocrity, we should not be wasting cap space on guys like McLeod....The only reason we acquired Barron for 2 draft picks was, and I'm really hoping this, to start.

Back to Mo, we need to get him on the field with Barron & TJ in passing situations. And YES, all 3 of them can rotate to the deep middle and play FS...

WestCoastRam

Legend
Champ, I wish - I freaking wish! - you are right that all three can play deep middle but nothing I've seen has shown me that. Barron was abused playing cover-2 and that doesn't even ask as much of him as deep middle would. TJ played (someone correct me if I'm wrong) more snaps away from the line of scrimmage than the previous year, closer to cover-2 looks and not really any deep middle except I think on some disguised blitz's. Haven't seen that be his strength but warming to the idea that he can be successful away from the line. Mo may have the skill set but every scouting report on him says SS.

McLeod isn't great but he's average to above average at FS. I don't think any of the three we just mentioned would be even average at FS.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher & Willaims have their starting SS in McDonald same can be said about their Deep Safety when they resign RFA Rod McLeod.

Fisher & Williams went out & utilized future draft capital in two 2015 picks in Barron who pushed starting Lber Dunbar to the bench & replaced him as a starter as the third safety up next to the LOS.

So Fisher & Williams have to have a Strong Safety type Alexander to be the reserve of both McDonald & Barron. Mo Alexander is a good prosect to fill this role. Alls good to me, have a better ideal? Sure looks like we sure do not need a strong safety in this draft.