When Will The Rams Extend Sean McVay’s Contract?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I do realize (At least I think!) that Sean McVay has a few more years left on his current contract BUT the sooner the Rams can commit him to a LOOONG Term Contract the Happier I will be! Sean McVay is special and I do hope he remains the Rams Head Coach for many, many years/seasons!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There was a article during the week that said the rams were gonna extend him after this season and give him a sizable upgrade to his contract.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

There was a article during the week that said the rams were gonna extend him after this season and give him a sizable upgrade to his contract.

Thanks for the information (I missed that article)! I am not asking for much! I just hope the Rams are the ONLY Team Sean McVay ever Coaches again!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Day after the Super Bowl Parade in Downtown L.A.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No worries. He won’t be going anywhere for at least 30 years.

While I like to think the era of coaches having long term careers with teams like they used to have is sort of returning I don't know about 30 years. Only 16 guys have gone 20 years or more. That's a long time as a HC, and I'm not sure that today's game isn't so all consuming that someone could make it 30 years without losing their mind!

There is no offseason for a HC and the days off are rare and every day is a long day.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is no offseason for a HC and the days off are rare and every day is a long day.

McVay is perfect for it, he understands the landscape, currently has no children, but has been around his whole life. I'm confident he'll be the Los Angeles Ram Head Coach for a long period of time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
McVay is perfect for it, he understands the landscape, currently has no children, but has been around his whole life. I'm confident he'll be the Los Angeles Ram Head Coach for a long period of time.

I think so too @den-the-coach and I hope he is coaching and making a difference for as long as I am around. But 30 years is a number only two coaches have hit, and they were in a different era.

20ish seems to be the limit, we've seen several coaches in recent eras reach that.

The toll is very high. I like McVay and wouldn't want to see him spending the last few years being ineffective because he was burned out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
John Shaw would have been like: "we are holding you to your contract and oh by the way here's some ways Ziggy and I think you can improve as a head coach..."

Thank God those days are behind us.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Never. Hes the favorite to land the Cleveland HC gig.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
While I like to think the era of coaches having long term careers with teams like they used to have is sort of returning I don't know about 30 years. Only 16 guys have gone 20 years or more. That's a long time as a HC, and I'm not sure that today's game isn't so all consuming that someone could make it 30 years without losing their mind!

The Rams can give McVay a week off after they win the Super Bowl. That should be all the rest he needs for about five years.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
McVay loves football, so coaching isn't a job for him, it's his passion, so much so, that coaching has become his children for now. No, he's not going anywhere for a long time.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Back the Brinks truck up and give McVay whatever he wants .

Ram65

Legend
McVay has been praising the LA weather. He leaves for the office before the traffic. Has a nice house and girlfriend. Has an owner that spends money. Has a great relationship with his GM. He is winning. Has a new leading edge stadium being built. Players like coming to the Rams in LA. He isn't going anywhere else for a long time.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No limitations on how much he can make (no salary cap implications and Kroenke is loaded).

As long as he's successful, he'll be kept locked up by Kroenke... now, afer the death of Paul Allen, the richest owner in the NFL.