When Steven Jackson called out Saffold and Oline?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Seeing Todd struggle with this terrible offensive line makes me think of Steven Jackson, who through his ENTIRE CAREER suffered from the likes. Steven

Remember the Saints game of 2011? Jackson had 3 TDs and played like the WARRIOR he was. Remember when there was a moment when the Saints made a push to get back in the game and on the next offensive drive Rodger Saffold had the second straight false start of the Oline (while the Rams were driving) and Steven Jackson put his foot down! He told the whole offense with his voice and body language that this wont be tolerated! Lets be professionals and get this sh!t done!

We need that right now!

I miss #39 on the field. Jackson was a WARRIOR. Gave all he had on every play. He was truly an inspiration.

We need that spark!

Last edited:

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FYI This was NOT a shot at TG30. This was merely saying we needed a spark on offense and SJ39 always provided that.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
easily my favorite player of all time. willing to risk a great career and maybe even miss out on the HoF to continue playing for those terrible teams is something I'll always appreciate as a fan. There have been better players, but idk if theres ever been a better player on such terrible teams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The offense has poor fundamentals, and poor execution, which are things the RB doesn't have all that much effect on.

TG is a one cut and go back with superior ability. These guys have to start giving him a seam on a high enough avg of plays so he can do what he does. The comparison I use now is Bettis. Eerily similar.

tempests

Hall of Fame
This was merely saying we needed a spark on offense and SJ39 always provided that.

That's because he was the only one who could.
Those offenses still stunk and we lost just about every week.

There's no substitute for good players and the 2016 Rams don't have near enough.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The offense has poor fundamentals, and poor execution, which are things the RB doesn't have all that much effect on.

TG is a one cut and go back with superior ability. These guys have to start giving him a seam on a high enough avg of plays so he can do what he does. The comparison I use now is Bettis. Eerily similar.
Bettis! I remember him well! I just hope Gurley doesn't follow in his foot-steps so far that he leaves the Rams and goes to the Steelers!! :rolllaugh:
The Rams should have kept Bettis. But then again, they might not have ever gone after Faulk, had they kept him!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
My favorite was when he played with the cast on his arm and still caught passes one handed. Dude was a beast.

ThePhunami

Me so Horny
TG needs to voice his concern to the O Line. In fact, we need more leaders. I dont see anyone leading the team on offense.

Ram65

Legend
Where did the 10 years go!

SJ39 has great speed for a big back. Looked forward to him breaking a couple every game. He did become the reason to watch Ram football.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like the Rams have had a great running back for years now , but can't win games . Wasted talent

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Hopefully Goff can be that spark we need once Fisher decides to start him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He told the whole offense with his voice and body language that this wont be tolerated! Lets be professionals and get this sh!t done!

We need that right now!

I miss #39 on the field. Jackson was a WARRIOR. Gave all he had on every play. He was truly an inspiration.

We need that spark!

FYI This was NOT a shot at TG30. This was merely saying we needed a spark on offense and SJ39 always provided that.
Like @Bluesy said, you must have wanted to sneak a Goff thread in here, huh?

Goff can be that spark...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Loved me some SJ39. Watched him at OSU and loved it when we drafted him. Sure would have been nice to have a team around him when he was here.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I would like to see Todd chewing the oline when they screw up.
I know it's not his nature,but I would love to see him more vocal.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
easily my favorite player of all time. willing to risk a great career and maybe even miss out on the HoF to continue playing for those terrible teams is something I'll always appreciate as a fan. There have been better players, but idk if theres ever been a better player on such terrible teams.
Loved SJ.Bruce is my all time favorite.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I would like to see Todd chewing the oline when they screw up.
I know it's not his nature,but I would love to see him more vocal.

Guessing that means you want to see the OL chewing on Todd when he screws up, as it's going both ways.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think it is easier for a QB or coach to have that role. At a point in his career that TG has been around and proven himself, he can take on that role in spots. Let's not have some false memory of SJ that he somehow always did that. If you all remember, he was criticized for not doing it more as a team captain. He made a point of saying he was going to start and he did. SJ was a warrior through and through. A vocal leader? Not so much until his last couple years with the Rams.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I have nothing ill to say about SJ39 as a player or a person.
The dude will always hold a special place in my heart.
He was a baller but always remained humble.