What's WRONG With You People?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
So long as the team was representing my hometown, I would have followed and loved them through any number of Spagnuolo and Linehan and Fisher and Rich Brooks regimes. Not having to do that is bittersweet; I'd still rather be a fan of the St. Louis Rams, but that ship has sailed, and a decade-plus in Boston means there is a team I could adopt that all of my friends (who have given me crap for years) and community are behind.
So long as the team was representing my hometown, I would have followed and loved them through any number of Spagnuolo and Linehan and Fisher and Rich Brooks regimes. Not having to do that is bittersweet; I'd still rather be a fan of the St. Louis Rams, but that ship has sailed, and a decade-plus in Boston means there is a team I could adopt that all of my friends (who have given me crap for years) and community are behind.

Winning is a nice side effect, but being connected via location is paramount to me.
In other words, you're a sell-out.
My Giant friends bust my balls relentlessly, yet here I am. Why are you checking in so frequently exactly?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Rams are the only team I can watch for the last 50 years don't care if they are good or bad still my team. its just a game doesn't change the way I live so whats the big deal with some of you? is it bragging rights? cant handle people making fun of your team? who cares deal with it

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
In other words, you're a sell-out.
My Giant friends bust my balls relentlessly, yet here I am. Why are you checking in so frequently exactly?
'Cause I still like a lot of the people on this board. Particularly the folks who will have a conversation with someone without resorting to name-calling.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know what teams were in the playoffs until yesterday.

Although my desire to watch the Rams lately can be attributed to the on-field product, I seem to have lost interest in football in general.

Used to be, I'd make time to watch the games... now, it's more of "if I have nothing else to do".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/...marginal-utility-finally-set-in/#630b4b1369de

Look like I may not be alone.

I really hope they nail this re-organizing of the franchise. Sundays used to be so much fun!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Although my desire to watch the Rams lately can be attributed to the on-field product, I seem to have lost interest in football in general.

Used to be, I'd make time to watch the games... now, it's more of "if I have nothing else to do".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/...marginal-utility-finally-set-in/#630b4b1369de

Look like I may not be alone.

I really hope they nail this re-organizing of the franchise. Sundays used to be so much fun!
The NFL is struggling to put a good product on the field league-wide. My viewership is way down this season as well. Seems like a Wild Card playoff matchup of Connor Cook vs. Brock "The $72 Million Man" Osweiler kinda encapsulates what's going wrong for the league right now.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Theres nothing wrong with us Rams fans. We may be loyal to a fault, but its the bandwagon fans that pick a new team every season and then again around week 12 that have a problem.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know about anybody else but the horns in the Coliseum was enough for me. Brought back some good memories. I wasn't around for 1945 or 1951 but I remember the 70's and 80's and that turn of the century period. 48 years between Championships! So, it could be worse, no? We're gonna whine about 18 years?

Who knows what's going to happen? All it takes is getting the right staff on board and things change for the better. If they're really good, there's a long run of success. Everybody knows who the right leader is and yet nobody knows. So all we can do is hope. I'm anticipating.......am in the process of remodeling my den into a sports room. Put up bead board, chair rail and painted. Bought display cases for my autographed Deacon Jones, Tom Mack and Jack Youngblood jersey's. Bought a few autographed pictures of Dickerson, Gabriel and a sharp collage of the Rams jersey history. One side of the room is dedicated to the Rams, the other the Yankees. Got my autographed "Perfect Game" picture (Girardi/Wells, Cone/Posada and Larson/Berra), a World Series ticket collage of all 27 Championships, "Captains" with all the Yankee captains pictured and an aerial shot of old and new Yankee stadium given to me by an NYFD fireman. Plus I've added a couple of things. Should be nice once I finished building my bookshelves/TV center on another wall.

My point is, give up if you want.....that's the definition of "fair weather".....but I'll hang with the blue and gold (and pinstripes) because they each have a unique history. Nobody has won more titles than the NYY and nobody has won 3 Championships for 3 different cities. And despite their run of ineptitude of late, the Rams have a rich history to be proud of with plenty of winning and innovative accomplishments. They'll be back and when they are, I'll look up at those jerseys and pictures and toast them!!!
Great post!

You have to post pictures of the finished product when you're done!

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
'Cause I still like a lot of the people on this board. Particularly the folks who will have a conversation with someone without resorting to name-calling.
As I'm sure you must realize, it's hard to see a Cheater's avatar on a passionate Rams fan site. Surely you must see this. Sorry Rams moved out your home town of St Lou but flying that logo in our faces IS selling-out, and disrespectful. It all seems very convenient for you though. Boston isn't your "home town" so no excuses about your friends giving you shit or not being part of the winning scene work here.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
As I'm sure you must realize, it's hard to see a Cheater's avatar on a passionate Rams fan site. Surely you must see this. Sorry Rams moved out your home town of St Lou but flying that logo in our faces IS selling-out, and disrespectful. It all seems very convenient for you though. Boston isn't your "home town" so no excuses about your friends giving you crap or not being part of the winning scene work here.
You're entitled to your opinion of me. So be it.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
You're entitled to your opinion of me. So be it.
blackman-sellout.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I grew up with the St. Louis Rams. Learned about the Los Angeles Rams. Still a fan, no matter how bad it gets. Because I believe that they'll be a dominant force with a good head coach next year.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I've pulled for the Rams since I was nine years old (1971). I can't imagine pulling for another team. Loyalty to MY football team is a lot like loyalty in my marriage...til death do us part. I just wish the owner would hire someone not intent on freeing me from my allegiance (either I feel like the team is dying or watching them makes me want to die). I do see some similarities of the current team with the 72 Rams team. Just needed the right coach and suddenly they were a 12 - 2 team in 73. Here's to finding another Chuck Knox!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I love wearing stuff after the teams lose and when questioned why, I simply reply "Anyone can pull for them when they win"
IE- Dallas Cowboys fans. When they are winning, there's a million of them. When they aren't, there aren't many.
Except that pain in the neck @Rynie .....
Every team has bandwagon fans when they're doing well. Cowboys fans have ALWAYS been loyal, and we sell out our stadium no matter how bad we're doing. We travel well too.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Every team has bandwagon fans when they're doing well. Cowboys fans have ALWAYS been loyal, and we sell out our stadium no matter how bad we're doing. We travel well too.
I agree @Rynie you do have loyal fans and a state full of passionate football fans. You also unfortunately have the largest or at least top 3 Bandwagon fans also. It must infuriate you. I know after the Ram Superbowl win that the Ram bandwagon made me crazy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And when they aren't playing well, they make great Patriots fans too!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I agree @Rynie you do have loyal fans and a state full of passionate football fans. You also unfortunately have the largest or at least top 3 Bandwagon fans also. It must infuriate you. I know after the Ram Superbowl win that the Ram bandwagon made me crazy.
Oh, it does. People here, who never talked about football, are suddenly huge Cowboys fans. When I see someone wearing a Zeke Elliott t-shirt.... I know he's a bandwagon fan.