What's this? A Game Day Thread?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
5027ac482f7cc6658a00000.jpg

And of course the chat room will be open (to registered members) during the game. As such, this thread probably won't get a lot of attention. You all seem to congregate in the room from what I've noticed.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
What are you all looking for today.

I want to see Sam vastly improve on those A gap passes over the middle that were so frequently batted down or picked off last year. That started in camp and never ended and really thought the absence of a QB coach was telling there. He was throwing way too flat and at time didn't look like he had a clear idea of where the ball was going.

This for me is the first real look at the Oline and what is going on with it.

Are they always going to be in the wide nine with the ends or are they going to shift into a more conventional front to counter runs.

If they stay in the wide nine are the OLB's going to be able to handle the inner gaps and stop all the counters, bouncing to the weak side and long runs of the last year.

Can Zuerlein translate his practice boomers into game situations?

How are the wide outs grouped. I think they are going to have be creative in how they use their groupings this year until Quick and Givens get some maturity.

I don't have a really good sense of Hekker's ability yet....how is he at directional punting and is it safe to go into the year with two rookies kicking.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wanna see Amendola shred the underneath zones, see how much improved Gibson might be, and then I wanna see the rooks. Specifically, I'd like to see Brockers, Jenkins and Pead. Then I'd like for them to try a field goal from 64 yards. Just for the helluvit.

I'll be taping it because today is also my son's 16th birthday, so that has to take precedence.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I want to see the DL, the backup DL, and the 3rd DL sack Colts QBs 10 times today.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'll probably be seeing mostly backups since I had to take my girlfriend to work at 10:40 and thats probably going to be the kickoff, but I'm hoping if I go fast enough I can check out a drive or two.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
X said:
I wanna see Amendola shred the underneath zones, see how much improved Gibson might be, and then I wanna see the rooks. Specifically, I'd like to see Brockers, Jenkins and Pead. Then I'd like for them to try a field goal from 64 yards. Just for the helluvit.

I'll be taping it because today is also my son's 16th birthday, so that has to take precedence.

Oh shuts. Lil X on the road? Don't go outside people!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm looking for the 1st unit to come out and score on offense and shut the Colts down on defense. Pretty simple as far as I'm concerned. Of course I want to see our new acquisitions but I want to see them play as a unit. Oh and a couple sacks of Luck would be nice.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I want to see the players work up a nice sweat, knock a few colts down then get back on the bus as healthy as when the got off it.

Speeps

Starter
Hey guys,

This is my first season on this forum and I'm looking forward to it. I registered late last year, but never posted.

As far as what I'm looking for:
1) Sam Bradford- Is he standing tall in the pocket? Is he throwing confidently. And Mechanics.
2) Offensive Line- I know it's too early to tell, but I want to see if players are developing. For example, Saffold and Smith.
3) Defensive line. Just how good are we up there.
4)Secondary. Are we as good as it looks on paper.
5) Team confidence, attitude, and SWAG.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
NFLN says Luck will play around 25-30 snaps... I would like to see him on his back at least half of those plays!

Let's get it going.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I am actually glad that Luck TD happened. Two things I want to see.

How will the Rams' O respond?
Will the D learn from their mistakes?

Lesson

Oh, really?
I don't have a problem with that D call. Quinn got some good pressure, Laurinaitis didn't get off his block in time though. :(

cfin5256

Rookie
I really hope Wells return will help solidify the line. I thought Sam looked ok under pressure and that there was too much of it lol. Pretty impressed with Luck so far and trying not too read too much into our defensive performance. Overall, pluses and minuses and I'm glad we have the rest of the preseason to work on things.