What would it take for you to go defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I know that it will cost Fisher his job if he doesn't fix the offense. So if he is will to pay the price so that the next coach will have a stronger defense....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure this would be an unpopular opinion but I think we should consider dangling Robert Quinn out there to see what kind of offers we can get. Clearly, this would a sell-high situation. Replacing his production would be nearly impossible but now that we know what kind of disruptive force we have in Aaron Donald, I think we might be able to bring in either a veteran or 3rd roundish pass rusher and not really lose too much with d-line pressure.

That fat contract which will scare some away, but a bunch of teams are sorely in need of a pass rush and might give up a high 1st rounder and maybe a 2nd or 3rd to get him. It'd be nice to use those picks to fix up those glaring weaknesses we have on the team, like maybe picking up an extra o-lineman and maybe either a deep ball threat or another linebacker to replace Jo-Lonn Dunbar and/or Lauranitis.

And also, is anyone else a bit frustrated with the production of Michael Brockers? I know he's still very young and relatively cheap, but I really expected more production out of that position than what we've gotten so far. Don't get me wrong. He's a good run stuffer, but his pass rush seems practically nonexistent.

That's crazy talk. Quinn is already one of the best 4-3 DEs in the NFL at 24 years old. No way we should consider trading him. There are only so many great players in this league...when you have one, you shouldn't let him go.

And, we'd barely have any time to trade him before his roster bonus kicked in which would force us to pay him $14 million next year to play for another team.

Cannot get behind this. If Quinn were nearing 30 years old, I'd agree. But he's 24...very likely not even in his prime yet.

I'm not frustrated with Brockers either. We knew what we were getting with him. He plays his role on this defense and usually plays it well.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
That's crazy talk. Quinn is already one of the best 4-3 DEs in the NFL at 24 years old. No way we should consider trading him. There are only so many great players in this league...when you have one, you shouldn't let him go.

And, we'd barely have any time to trade him before his roster bonus kicked in which would force us to pay him $14 million next year to play for another team.

Cannot get behind this. If Quinn were nearing 30 years old, I'd agree. But he's 24...very likely not even in his prime yet.

I'm not frustrated with Brockers either. We knew what we were getting with him. He plays his role on this defense and usually plays it well.

If anything put Chris Long's name out there. I really don't see that much difference between Hayes and CL. The big difference is the salary of Long. He simply isn't worth what he's being paid. I'd take a 3rd for CL, I'd mainly want to get rid of that contract. He's as good as he'll ever be and he has 2 bonafide stars next to him and he looks average to me. I know he was dealing with an injury last year, but he's not explosive when he's healthy.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Shaq Thompson is a guy I would consider at 10. Probably wouldn't take him as there would be others but is a player I would consider at 10.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shaq Thompson is a guy I would consider at 10. Probably wouldn't take him as there would be others but is a player I would consider at 10.

I gotta ask why...?

Is there enough of a difference between him and a guy like Paul Dawson for you to choose him a full round earlier? JMO but I actually prefer Paul Dawson to Shaq.

lockdnram21

Legend
I would take cb in first. I would take any offensive position except wr in first. Don't see it as a need

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I gotta ask why...?

Is there enough of a difference between him and a guy like Paul Dawson for you to choose him a full round earlier? JMO but I actually prefer Paul Dawson to Shaq.

I have not seen enough of Dawson to compare. I have seen quite a bit of Thompson though so I can only really judge him.

What I like about Thompson is he is dynamic, can play both the run and drop back in coverage equally effective. He can stay on the field in a 4-2-5 formation. He is very versatile and can you imagine what Williams could do with a player like this? He can play anywhere in the back 7 and if you have any injuries at RB he can play there too lol

To me he is just a "football player". He has speed, instincts, and good football IQ. I doubt the Rams would take him, but he would be an intriguing player IMO.

thehammer

Rookie
rams are a cb away from being an elite d...and Long is 30 years old...the d has needs
love Perryman but mlber is hardly a need but our slb barely played after we traded for Barron..have have been scouting a bunch of 4th/5th rd lbers

PJ Williams, Trae Waynes and Marcus Peters make sense if we trade down from that #10 spot...as does finding a replacement for Long

Williams is my top rated fs and top rated cb..just an elite tackler/player..still bpa available will likely be wr or if they get lucky Mariota

Last edited:

paceram

Pro Bowler
Does anyone have any thoughts on LB Eric Kendricks and how he compares to Shaq Thompson, Denzel Perryman and Paul Dawson? Any chance the Rams will consider him or the other LB's if they are available in the 2nd Round? I think any of them would be a welcome addition to the Rams Defense!

thehammer

Rookie
keep reading scouts expect an average combine from Kendricks(blesto would of got times from him last year) but more instinctive then Shaq...
Dawson is every bit as good as Kendricks...all 3 special but little in common with Perryman...more athletic runner types none great at at the poa...Shaq will test the best I'd guess at the combine and be the 1st selected

Perryman is similar to Borland...made to play mlber ..short/stout..strong at poa and blows up plays behind the line of scrimmage because of his ability to quickly diagnose plays

possible but hard to justify any lber in the 2nd with qb and g/c such huge needs unless they get qb/oline help before that 2nd pick