What that extra 3rd round pick could mean…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In the second round, I’d happily take Tuimoloau, Braswell or Sawyer.

I have a feeling one of Chop or Trice will fall into the second round, in which case I would use one of our thirds to trade up.
J.T. Tuimoloau and Jack Sawyer are both headed back to Ohio State.

Half-a-dozen Buckeyes announced a couple weeks ago that they were returning to school in 2024.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The problem is that the linebacker position has been devalued over the years.

Not saying that I agree with it, but it appears that getting pressure on the quarterback and covering receivers are more important these days.
Maybe within our scheme recently, but teams like the Niners and Ravens still value their LBs. In addition to covering WRs, we need to cover TEs and RBs. Hoecht should not be running down field in man or in zone coverage, and when RBs catch a check down, we need guys that can get there quickly and not miss. We could have gotten the ball back against the Lions if Hoecht didn't whiff on Montgomery.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Trouble is that they’re going to ask for much more than that.
I don’t know if you noticed, but Josh Allen is upset with the Jags because he’s going into the final year of his rookie contract, and he has been trying to talk to them about an extension, but they have been unwilling to even talk to him. This for a man who led the league in sacks this year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe within our scheme recently, but teams like the Niners and Ravens still value their LBs. In addition to covering WRs, we need to cover TEs and RBs. Hoecht should not be running down field in man or in zone coverage, and when RBs catch a check down, we need guys that can get there quickly and not miss. We could have gotten the ball back against the Lions if Hoecht didn't whiff on Montgomery.
Yeah, the NFL changed to where TEs are the main weapons for many teams so cover LBs are critical and ones that can play pass and run are what can make a defense elite.

TexasRam

Legend
So is it 1 or 2 3rd round comps for Raheem?

Asking for a confused friend too lazy to look it up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gonna be some players in that 100 range this year boy. :bomb:

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I don’t know if you noticed, but Josh Allen is upset with the Jags because he’s going into the final year of his rookie contract, and he has been trying to talk to them about an extension, but they have been unwilling to even talk to him. This for a man who led the league in sacks this year.
2023 was Allen’s fifth year option. He’s a UFA. Definitely will be tagged if new contract not agreed upon.

Tano

Legend
2023 was Allen’s fifth year option. He’s a UFA. Definitely will be tagged if new contract not agreed upon.
Question for everyone - would you trade for him knowing we would have to give up a lot of picks for him?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the comp picks are maximum 4 and the Rams already have 4, then what happens to the extra comp pick we are getting for Morris leaving?

Tano

Legend
If the comp picks are maximum 4 and the Rams already have 4, then what happens to the extra comp pick we are getting for Morris leaving?
We get 4 player comp picks and one for a coach - coaches don't count in the equation from what I have read