What is this world coming to? Former President Trump injured at Rally

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The murder victim was a Corey Compitori (sp?). A fireman and family man who was apparently trying to shield family members. He leaves a wife and two daughters. Sad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There is video that has been surfacing of some members of the audience trying to flag down police and SS as the attempted assassin was crawling on the roof.

No matter how you slice it, it was a severe breach in security and it resulted in the death of an innocent civilian.

I realize there are all kinds of theories floating around and I won't go into them on this board for obvious reasons.

But what I will say is that someone needs to be held accountable for this man's death. Unacceptable!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is insane. @OldSchool had PM'd me about this but I wanted to see some more confirmation before posting it.

Stephanie Gosk and Emily Berk of NBC News reports

Following reports of a suspicious person, Butler Township police officers "boosted" one of their officers to gain a view of the rooftop where Crooks was, Butler Township Manager Tom Knights told NBC News.

Township police were stationed in the vicinity of the building, which to Knights' knowledge had no roof access from either inside or outside of the building. One officer held up another officer, who was able to grab ahold of the ledge, Knights said.

"So when he was able to pull his head up over the roof, he did in fact see an individual ... with a weapon," Knights said.

Crooks turned his weapon toward the officer, who Knights said was unable to reach his radio or firearm. The officer released his hands in a "defensive" move and dropped 8 feet to the ground, injuring his ankle.

According to Knights, three different security meetings were held prior to the rally, as early as July 8, and the building was mentioned in at least two of those meetings. He was not present but familiar with the conversation, and noted that the building was outside of the Secret Service’s established perimeter.

Only one word needed to be said after this. "Gun" With that one word, Trump would have been surrounded and taken off stage and there would have been nothing for the gunman to shoot at. Everything I am seeing about this incident is disgusting.

But wait. There's more mind blowing shit. This also via NBC News:

Secret Service Director Kimberly A. Cheatle acknowledged that "the buck stops with me" and that the assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump "should have never happened" in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" that aired today.

"I’m being told that the shooter was actually identified as a potential threat of suspicion. Units started responding to seek that individual out. Unfortunately, with the rapid succession of how things unfolded, by the time that individual was eventually located, they were on the rooftop and were able to fire off at the former president," Cheatle said.

She said the building the shooter fired from had a sloped roof, making the securing of it challenging, so a decision was made to put people inside the building. Secret Service was tasked with securing that inner perimeter, while local law enforcement was responsible for the outer perimeter, she said.

But Cheatle took full responsibility for the horrifying incident. "I am the director of the Secret Service. It was unacceptable, and it’s something that shouldn’t happen again," she said.

The roof that police and Secret Service officers later walked up to check on the assassin, after a sniper had taken him out, was a "challenge to secure"? Seriously? That's the excuse from the director of the Secret Service? Instead you put people INSIDE the building? What in THE fuck? Now compare the roof the SS Sniper was stationed on to the one the assassin was on. The snipers were stationed on a much steeper roof. The SS director seriously expects us to buy that load of bullshit? That is fucking insulting.

Sorry. But this is pissing me off. A man died and this bitch is flat out lying to us.
SS Sniper.jpg

1721154988458.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I apologize for inserting my emotion into that last post instead of just relaying information. I just can't believe how this is all unfolding. Please feel free to PM me on anything you either disagree with or have more information on or find in error or even if you feel I'm handling this wrong.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Additional information you may already know:

According to multiple sources, almost 30 minutes before he opened fire the would be assassin was also spotted and a picture taken by law enforcement of the shooter when he was on the roof. That info was immediately relayed to security.

There is also a report that Feds knew Iran was plotting to kill Trump. This plot had nothing to do with the attempt in PA but you would think it would spur an increased level of security.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I apologize for inserting my emotion into that last post instead of just relaying information. I just can't believe how this is all unfolding. Please feel free to PM me on anything you either disagree with or have more information on or find in error or even if you feel I'm handling this wrong.
This isn’t about left or right.
It’s about wrong or right.
Everyone should be upset about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.