What is this world coming to? Former President Trump injured at Rally

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is not a political thread, please keep politics out of it. This is a tragic event

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You know it's only going to end up political, Dieter. We've both been here long enough to know that there's no politics, even in events like this.

@RamFan503 @Selassie I

Please close this thread before any hard feelings happen, please.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know it's only going to end up political, Dieter. We've both been here long enough to know that there's no politics, even in events like this.

@RamFan503 @Selassie I

Please close this thread before any hard feelings happen, please.
Not being able to discuss the #1 topic in the Nation currently would be THE MOST political statement

Kudos to the secret service and my heart goes out to the families of those injured, and sadly killed

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We will keep an eye on the thread. Please people...do NOT go political.

I'm still trying to find who the attendee was that got killed. I didn't see anyone behind Trump being attended to. I wonder if it was someone trying to prevent the shooting.

Let's keep this to an information only thread.

I realize there's a fine line so understand that if any mod feels someone crosses that line, we will remove the post and immediately ban the poster from this thread.

Memento

Name
Jemma
We will keep an eye on the thread. Please people...do NOT go political.

I'm still trying to find who the attendee was that got killed. I didn't see anyone behind Trump being attended to. I wonder if it was someone trying to prevent the shooting.

Let's keep this to an information only thread.

I realize there's a fine line so understand that if any mod feels someone crosses that line, we will remove the post and immediately ban the poster from this thread.
Stu, that's like herding a bunch of rabid cats and dogs into one room: it inevitably, always goes political, and I feel like keeping this thread open is a waste of everyone's time and patience and will only create bad feelings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stu, that's like herding a bunch of rabid cats and dogs into one room: it inevitably, always goes political, and I feel like keeping this thread open is a waste of everyone's time and patience and will only create bad feelings.
You don't have to participate :)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I simply cannot imagine having enough anger or hatred at somebody to want to kill them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think I will only leave it open while I can actively monitor it. So expect it to be open and closed based on that.

Memento

Name
Jemma
You don't have to participate :)

Honestly wasn't going to, and after this, I'm done here. I just care about the board's health. I do not care for politics or religion because they inevitably cause strife. It's been this way with every single site I've been on. Disagreements happen, but nothing causes division and anger more than politics and religion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
they let a guy with a rifle access the rooftop of a building? That is a serious lapse, right there.
Just spitballing here but he may have been an employee at the glass company.
But from what I understand protocol to be, the secret service should have been the ones on that building for that very reason.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I guess it ain't the same protection as it used to be.

Back in 1989 I was helping a company test and launch cable modems. In the Portland area we worked with 3 cable companies and were one of the first efforts to use the CableTV network for (was was to be) residential data and Internet access.

I was hanging with some cable guys in a bucket truck, when Bush was coming to town. He was going to be in downtown Portland - and we were on the east side of the river - about 1-1.5 miles away from the hotel were he was to be. One of the technicians went up in the bucket to have a look at a cable component. In short order, someone the secret service was dispatched and came over to order this guy out of the bucket and to not return until Bush was gone. We were over a mile way.

This guy on the roof was maybe 100-200 yards. Big difference and serious lapse on protocol, IMO.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any loon can hurt someone without provocation no matter how prepared they are.

As a nation we are fortunate that more people were not harmed. Prayers for the family of the deceased and the other two attendees critically injured.

Sadly, reporters have spoken with witnesses who reported the assailant on the roof with a rifle. The police and Secret Service were slow to respond.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Get well President Trump. Dude is a fighter for sure. - Edited out by moderator. -

130 meters is a given kill distance by the way. Very easy shot. At least one person claiming they told police there was a shooter on the roof. Open sightline that should not have been a surprise, and easily prevented. This feels like an inside job to me. Gonna be interesting to see where it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going to leave this thread locked. I'm also not going to repeat the young, asshole gunman's name. Anyone can find it if they choose.

If anyone has more information on the incident, feel free to PM me. I will look it over and post it if I feel it is warranted.

Sorry but I'm not going to allow this thread to devolve into conjecture, arguments, conspiracies, and the like.

I'm sure there will be lots of opinions on this including that I am wrong in curtailing open debate on this subject. Too bad. We all know the rules.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So what we know...

20 year old shooter. 1 dead besides shooter. 2 in critical condition. Former President Trump with minor injury to his ear but in good shape and spirits. An incident that must be condemned by any thinking human being.

If I get more pertinent information, I will post it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The gun was a rifle purchased legally by the shooter's father. The shooters vehicle also apparently had explosives located in the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.