What did you learn from week 10?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
WOW another nail biting game this week guys, with us chalking up the big "W", 9-1 sure feels a lot better than that 8-8 bullcrap that we've been used to.

Here's what I learnt from the game this week

1. Our D stepped up their game, there was more pressure on the Wilson, Fowler Jr coming off the edge is definitely making a difference.

2. Stupid penalties, there were several, unnecessary personal foul / false start penalties which definitely hurt the Rams - Fowler Jr, with the two in the first half - the first one I was ok with, there was no malicious intent in my mind, dude was just stretching out to try and stop Wilson from legging it - the facemark penalty annoyed me though - but not as much as the offensive line false starts, think it was 2 apiece for Sullivan and Saffold and 1 for Big Whit. We can't do that from here on in, and those are the stupid errors that we got used to in the Fisher years, which quite often killed offensive drives.

3. Redzone - we're still struggling in my mind.

4. TE contribution - they seem to be clicking finally!! Higbee and Everett contributed positively to the offence, one of them (if not both) is going to have a monster game soon - this is great news especially with the bad news of he next point...

5. Kupp - really doesn't look good, was he rushed back too soon?? I know he's a key cog in our O, and a bit of a security blanket for Goff at times, but you know I'm so comfortable with our receiving corps that I'm not too worried, injuries happen. We still have Woods, Cooks and the emergence of our TEs will all help, and I'm sure Reynolds will be able to add a different dimension to our attack.

6. Seahawks - You have to admit, they've really stepped up their game this season, that running game of theirs is pretty impressive, and Oompa is still one of those tricky QBs that I hate seeing us play against, but love seeing getting sacked!

FINALLY
I have to commend the Rams for pulling off a win against a difficult opponent considering the emotional turmoil the players, staff and families must be going through this week. I heard that there were 20+ players (including Goff) and coaches that had to be evacuated from their homes on Friday morning due to the fires and the atrocious shooting in Thousand Oaks - to get out on that field and be able to focus your mind enough to function is amazing.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Losing Cooper Kupp was very unfortunate. But we do have pretty good depth at that position. It’s losing Cooper’s football IQ that bothers me most. We need to clone him.

Coach McVay will rally us.

Josh Reynolds is a hell of a player and it’s next man up time.

Go Rams and flambé the Chefs in Meh-hee-co!!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
What I learned is that the Rams will no longer allow the Seachickens to bully them all over the field like in years past. This use to frustrate the hell out of me, the Rams would let the Seachickens push them around. The Rams have become the more physically dominate team and have stood up to the bullies and punched them right in the mouth.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Losing Cooper Kupp was very unfortunate. But we do have pretty good depth at that position. It’s losing Cooper’s football IQ that bothers me most. We need to clone him.

Coach McVay will rally us.

Josh Reynolds is a hell of a player and it’s next man up time.

Go Rams and flambé the Chefs in Meh-hee-co!!
True Kupps football IQ on the field will be missed, but I have total faith in Goff, Cooks and Woods to get it together. The Chiefs is going to be a challenge, but for the D rather than the O. What I want to see is that we stop their O and turn it into 7 points to us not a punt or FG. I think next week will be won or lost on whoever's D can stop the other's O. We've had more difficult games of late so I think we'll come out on top.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What I learned is that the Rams will no longer allow the Seachickens to bully them all over the field like in years past. This use to frustrate the hell out of me, the Rams would let the Seachickens push them around. The Rams have become the more physically dominate team and have stood up to the bullies and punched them right in the mouth.

This is true I just want us to stay on the right side of the officiating law and to not get penalised for it ;)

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
We learned that our D can lose a game

We learned that our O can win a game

We know our O has put up 30 plus points per game

We need our O to Put up 40 plus points per game to carry us through the playoffs.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
We learned that our D can lose a game

We learned that our O can win a game

We know our O has put up 30 plus points per game

We need our O to Put up 40 plus points per game to carry us through the playoffs.
Which is why unless the D improves....they don't have to be great....just get some punts and create a turnover or two....if they don't improve the Rams won't last long come play off time.
As much as the idiot commish wants to turn football into a pinball game on speed, come playoff time, football will return. Meaning, a team will have to run the ball and play D to win at some point.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
- The Rams are one mentally tough team. With all the crap that happened in LA this week, losing a day of practice, concern about families, etc., they were already facing an uphill battle going into a game against an arch-rival that was going to bring their best. On top of that, you had the zebras putting their thumb on the scale for the Seahawks, as the parity police of the NFL did not want this game to turn into a blowout, particularly since it was practically a nationally televised game. And despite all of that working against them they still pulled it out.

- The Seahawks aren't nearly as good as they played against us twice this year. Yeah, they have run the ball well. But they got a LOT of unearned help to extend drives when they would have otherwise been off the field and our offense would have gotten back on and put more points on the board. Their defense basically never stopped our offense, the few times the Rams O sputtered yesterday it was from their own mistakes. Add to that, the pathetic play-acting to try to draw flags and the dirty hits (Justin Stiles, hope someone hurts you seriously) and you are looking at a losing team. Winning teams don't need to take cheap shots or do play acting as a part of their gameplan, losers do. And the Seahawks are losers.

- With the loss of Kupp, McVay really needs to pull aside Everett and Higbee and a) let them know the stakes, and b) do everything to accelerate their development into serious weapons. I think Everett has a much higher ceiling as a receiver than Higbee, but Higbee is a good run blocker. Having them both on the field more could mitigate some of the damage incurred by losing Kupp while actually helping our running game, which is already pretty stout.

- Peters recovered nicely from a few bad weeks yesterday. I still want to see more of that, and this coming week against KC is going to be a huge test. Whatever flaws our defense had yesterday, they weren't on Peters this time.

- If we could fix our run D, we could fix a lot of problems with our D overall. The addition of Fowler was huge yesterday. On the strip-sack, the Seahawks did an ok job of blocking the middle of our defense, but we were still able to get a push up the middle and deny Captain Oompa Loompa any place to step up in the pocket. Fowler was singled up and beat his man like a rented mule and made the play of the game. Going forward, offenses are going to have to start respecting the edge.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I learned that Dante Fowler was what I expected him to be on the edge, he’s a difference maker. When we get Talib back, our defence will become MUCH better overnight.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Which is why unless the D improves....they don't have to be great....just get some punts and create a turnover or two....if they don't improve the Rams won't last long come play off time.
As much as the idiot commish wants to turn football into a pinball game on speed, come playoff time, football will return. Meaning, a team will have to run the ball and play D to win at some point.

This right here is what's needed.

If we could fix our run D, we could fix a lot of problems with our D overall. The addition of Fowler was huge yesterday.
He really added a difference to our D (penalties aside) having that threat off the edge is going to change how the opposition play against us.

I learned that Dante Fowler was what I expected him to be on the edge, he’s a difference maker. When we get Talib back, our defence will become MUCH better overnight.
I hope that Fowler can control his hot headed-ness though, I don't want to see penalties against stronger teams. If Suh can, Fowler can.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
1. Withou AD this team is alot worse than 9-1

2. Although a couple players lost their cool, they were able to hold each other accountable and pull out the win.
This team 2 years ago would of lost track of the game and fallen apart.

3. Let's give Marcus Peter's a rest this week, seemed to be playing more off zone and didnt get beat deep. We need him in the final stretch.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I know that even since the Raiders game our team will go into the locker room at the half having played a close game.
Then, for the most part, make necessary adjustments.
It wont change now with a few tough games on the schedule. We are in for more nail biters.
If you are a Rams fan then you get your money worth.

I also noted the team spirit in this game more than ever. It may have been because it was the Seahawks, but the game was intense.
My favourite game of the season so far.

You shut down Gurley and Goff and our receivers will hurt you. (Best wishes to Kupp).

Our tight ends are gettings better.

Fowler will become a force.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
1. Withou AD this team is alot worse than 9-1

2. Although a couple players lost their cool, they were able to hold each other accountable and pull out the win.
This team 2 years ago would of lost track of the game and fallen apart.

3. Let's give Marcus Peter's a rest this week, seemed to be playing more off zone and didnt get beat deep. We need him in the final stretch.
Agree with everything except 3. We absolutely need Peters this week. Shields and Hill will get torched. I thought Peters played excellent and kept everything in front of him. The one deep ball Wilson threw, Marcus was there before the receiver and I was really happy to see that. Our bye week is right after the Chiefs game anyway.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The Fowler addition.... so glad we got him now. I'd re-up him vs. Peters at this moment, but there's still half a season to play. He almost had another sack, just before a long oompa run, he had the LT mostly beat & got a mitt on him but oompa escaped his grasp. Brought a lot of pressure too. His talent level is undeniable.
Other than that, I learned that there's no stunt too low that Petey & his gang wouldn't stoop to. The late hits, blatant holds, flopping, etc. were just downright sad. A team of the Seahawk's "calibre" really has to resort to this to win a game?
I also learned that it was possible for us to make adjustments BEFORE the half -- the two hawk drives we killed w/ negative yardage in the 2nd Q was really cool.
And I learned that we need to replace Barron with a true ILB. Maybe move him to SS?? I like his "speed" but when he's out of position on plays, or can't shed tackles, or getting thrown to the ground by an OG, all the speed in the world won't make up for that in the position he plays. He did have the safety last game, but I'd wager Kiser woulda made that play + more.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Agree with everything except 3. We absolutely need Peters this week. Shields and Hill will get torched. I thought Peters played excellent and kept everything in front of him. The one deep ball Wilson threw, Marcus was there before the receiver and I was really happy to see that. Our bye week is right after the Chiefs game anyway.
Guess I wrote that wrong, I meant we as fans should give Peter's a break ..we need him in the field lol

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dante.jpg

Did we really get Dante for this much? I know he's a half season rental, and we gave up some draft picks, but how does Snead sleep at night? Compared to Mack, this was a steal. Mack had two sacks this week, but no strip sack to change the momentum of the game.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I learned that the seahawks are a bunch of cheap asses who are probably coached to win by any means necessary. In addition to the already stated moments I saw another when I rewatched the game last night. On the play where Donald and Suh sack Wilson, Britt is engaged with JFM. Britt shoves him, JFM shoves back, Britt flops and tries to draw the flag.