What are your expectations for a successful season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What are your expectations for a successful season?

• Championship

• Super Bowl appearance

• Playoff win(s)

• playoff berth

Results are only viewable after voting.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Super Bowl Championship....Because it is right, it is just and God knows, it is time!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
5b8bed11d4e92556965270.gif

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
IN 2001 the league stole the super bowl from the Rams, so they can do it again....i.e. I am happy with a super bowl appearance....wierd stuff can happen with injuries, but barring that, even if Talib goes down we have Shields at CB, so I feel comfortable with the entire roster---ya, edge rushers and all.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All I know is that I'm going to enjoy every second of this season, the ups and the downs.

One of the earliest and toughest lessons of my adult life was that potential doesn't mean anything beyond give one an approximate ceiling for one's expectations.

Potential won't make a tackle, complete a pass, make a block or run for a touchdown. It does illustrate the possibility, but hardwork, execution and a little luck will play a big role in how much potential is realized and what effect that has on the outcomes.

This team has TONS of potential. The fun will be in watching this team realize its potential as individual players and as a team.

One thing I feel confident is that this team will have transcendent moments that we will be talking about for quite some time.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This is no time for modesty, fellas.

Given the year experience under McVay/Wade, the spectacular offseason upgrades, and the added depth via this draft?

Barring crippling injuries to key players, I expect a SB win, actually.

Ram65

Legend

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Successful? Super Bowl champions

Acceptable? Division Champs followed by at least one playoff win. But I will still be deeply disappointed.

This is a team that should brutalize most teams. But of course, you have to put it on the field.

We should revisit this poll about mid season.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
As I think, on paper, the Rams are the third best overall team in the NFC an NFC Title would be amazing. At that point, ya know, just go ahead and win the Super Bowl.
A lot can happen over the next 4 months.
Health and depth are key.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
These Rams are more talented than any team we've had since the GSOT and are capable of going all the way. But. All teams that make it to the SB have to have some things break their way over the course of the season.

We don't have a Nick Foles or a Kurt Warner waiting in the wings if something (God forbid) were to happen to Goff, and I also believe their are a few other teams that could weather a key player loss or two better than us AT THIS POINT.

Next season I see us being the team to beat from day one. This season at least one win in the playoffs would constitute progress.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think our starters are the best in the NFL.

I think our depth isn't on that level.

If we're healthy, I dunno who beats us, especially if our D gels.

If we're not (Lord Forbid!!!), then it will depend heavily on who's injured and if the next guy truly steps up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You didn’t include your own personal marker for success..winning at the coliseum, ya bastid!
Well done. Maybe i should create another poll.
"Will the Rams win more than 3 games at the Coliseum this year?"
100.webp

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Assuming a healthy team, winning the Super Bowl is the only outcome that will satisfy me. I think I'd rather lose in the championship game than in the Super Bowl. The heartbreak of losing the title game would be unbearable.
Then again, what could be more enjoyable the beating the Cheats for the Super Bowl Championship in front of the entire world? Brady loses the last game of his career after being given the "Carson Palmer" treatment.
All. Game. Long. :dizzy:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The way this off season has gone I have to say a Super Bowl appearance. We gave up leverage to a couple of players and appear to be all in on a window that is open for 3 years.

I agree with a couple of posters that said we might be the 3rd best team on paper. That is my concern for this year. We did some amazing things this off season but it may not be enough to come out of the NFC.

I think the real question is what you want to see in the next 3 years or what are your expectations for the next 3 years.

I will say this is the most excited I have been for a season in many many years lol.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
My cynical take:

My best friend thinks the Super Bowl is rigged.

Things like the Patriots winning after 9/11 or the New Orleans Saints winning after Hurricane Katrina strain credulity as coincidence. I’ve sort of cynically agreed in part that if you look at which team has the most compelling story, that team generally wins. (Bettis, Elway and Ray Lewis retirements are other examples)

That said, I dunno if there’s a more compelling story than our Rams.

Franchise in full revival after years of mediocrity led by a boy genius and a young, attractive GM who’s assembled a cast that Nick Fury would envy. Also, a transcendent certain to be first ballot HoF player has signed a record deal and has emerged into the national spotlight.

That’s pretty compelling stuff and really only the beginning of this story.

I’ve looked around the league and there’s not a more compelling team story out there.

So, we got a good chance if it’s based on story and I think an even better chance if all that’s just inconvenient coincidence and it’s based on the game, itself.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
My cynical take:

My best friend thinks the Super Bowl is rigged.

Things like the Patriots winning after 9/11 or the New Orleans Saints winning after Hurricane Katrina strain credulity as coincidence. I’ve sort of cynically agreed in part that if you look at which team has the most compelling story, that team generally wins. (Bettis, Elway and Ray Lewis retirements are other examples)

That said, I dunno if there’s a more compelling story than our Rams.

Franchise in full revival after years of mediocrity led by a boy genius and a young, attractive GM who’s assembled a cast that Nick Fury would envy. Also, a transcendent certain to be first ballot HoF player has signed a record deal and has emerged into the national spotlight.

That’s pretty compelling stuff and really only the beginning of this story.

I’ve looked around the league and there’s not a more compelling team story out there.

So, we got a good chance if it’s based on story and I think an even better chance if all that’s just inconvenient coincidence and it’s based on the game, itself.
This post makes me concerned for you. It sounds like you don't believe that the Super Bowl is rigged. Which would be weird.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Begin an 18 game winning streak over the 49ers and prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Jimmy G is in utter fear of the Rams D Line, rendering him a shuddering, turnover prone, over paid back up.

Win the division.

Win a playoff game in LA.

Appearing in the Super Bowl would be fantastic!

Not my expectation, but what I would love to see.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
This post makes me concerned for you. It sounds like you don't believe that the Super Bowl is rigged. Which would be weird.

In general, the circumstantial evidence points to it being at the very least manipulated.

That said, then how does one explain the 1999 Rams. Decent story, but the league so hated Georgia Frontiere that there's simply no way Warner's story would have been enough.

There have been others where the evidence isn't there.

So, I dunno. I don't dismiss those that believe it's fixed, but I'm not sure.

It's really not good for the NFL that this is such a common refrain among fans...