What 49ers Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
And... while Brady and Bellichick seem like a tight match, it's hard to imagine Bill would let Garappolo go (for a 2nd round pick on top of that) if he truly thought he could be the next Tom Brady for the next 10yrs. He would have found a way to keep him.
I think that was initially the plan until Brady performed well enough this year to encourage him to play a couple more seasons. On draft day 2017 I heard Cleveland offered two 1st rounds and NE passed on the deal.

However, once Brady put up stats to be voted the #2 MVP this year, NE had to unload Jimmy to get any compensation for his value. They're not going to pay a backup $20M/yr to ride the pine. The 49ers played NE by offering a high 2nd since NE would only get compensated a 3rd in a best case scenario. NE bit.

It's ironic that NE is now stuck with Brady who has not played his best in December and may be carrying that salary anchor. Especially after how they treated Bledsoe when he was healthy the season following his injury.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's ironic that NE is now stuck with Brady who has not played his best in December and may be carrying that salary anchor.

Yeah, I think that's why I felt they "could" find a way. I'm not ready to suggest Brady is not going to continue to play well, but it's just a matter of time. You'd think they'd hold onto Jimmy just to see how the Brady curve plays out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kupp and linebacker Mark Barron are the only two players on the final injury report, but there will be quite a few healthy scratches. The team is expected to sit quarterback Jared Goff, running back Todd Gurley, offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth, center John Sullivan, and defensive tackle Aaron Donald.
If these are the only Injury-Out's / Healthy scratches the Rams Have, we will be fielding a pretty good Team, and Shanahan knows it!

Don't count the Rams Out, they can still Win this game! Let's look a little bit at the 9ers 4 Win's .....
* Week #13 - they Beat Chicago 15-14. On the strength of 5 FG's!
* Week #14 - they Beat Houston ( a weak Team) 26-16. Hyde only managed 78 rushing yards, Garopolo passed for a lot of yards.
* Week #15 - They got really Lucky and Beat the Titans 25-23!
* Week #16 - They beat the Jags 44-33 on the strength of Garopolo's Arm, again.
These do not appear to be " 4 Fantastic Win's" to me!! All passing, no run game!
This could be a game were our Defense steps Up and Wins one for us! But we are still going to have a lot of offensive talent out there!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/rams-activate-cody-davis-from-ir/

Rams activate Cody Davis from IR
Posted by Charean Williams on December 30, 2017

859954014-e1514611643497.jpg

Getty Images

The Rams made it official Friday, activating safety Cody Davis from injured reserve and placing outside linebacker Matt Longacre on injured reserve.

Davis appeared in six games for the Rams, making 19 tackles, an interception and three pass breakups. He injured his quadriceps against the Jaguars, and the Rams placed him on injured reserve November 3 after the injury lingered.

Davis will work into the secondary in Los Angeles’ sub-packages and will resume his role as a core special teams player.

“Excited and happy for all of the success that this team has gotten accomplished,” Davis said, via the team’s website. “But sitting on the sidelines, you’re just itching to get back out there, so it feels great to be out practicing with my teammates.”

Longacre has a back injury that kept him out of the Rams’ 27-23 victory over Tennessee on Sunday. He played in 14 games this season.

The third-year pro made 23 tackles and 5.5 sacks, forced a fumble and recovered a fumble.

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-practicereport/Practice-Report-Davis-Excited-to-Return-Sunday-Gurley-Goff-OK-With-Sunday-Rest/3cd1ffb7-b9eb-438b-9610-b9deb6a80ebc

“He’s looked good this week,” McVay said. “Expect to get him out there and looking forward to having Cody back.”

Davis was cleared for practice in Week 16 after being placed on injured reserve in early November. Prior to suffering a quad injury, the Texas Tech product had been an important contributor on both defense and special teams — recording an interception, two pass breakups, and 22 total tackles.

And after more than a month away, the safety was admittedly ready to get back on field at the Coliseum.

“I’m super excited and I just thank God for getting me through this process — recovered and back on the field with my teammates,” Davis said. “Looking forward to contributing wherever I can.”

Though the recovery process was not always easy for the safety — as he was unable to share directly in the club’s late-season success — Davis did express his excitement at getting to rejoin his teammates as the team heads into the postseason.

“It’s been tough,” Davis said. “Super excited for the team for getting a division championship, but I am itching to get back out there. It gets kind of lonely in the treatment room so to be back with the team and in the flow of things feels great. Hopefully will have some fresh legs, new excitement, and new energy out there.”

DSP8lx_WsAA_cnQ.jpg

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1...nts-2017-carlos-hyde-eric-reid-tank-carradine

Several notable 49ers players could be playing their last game with team
Sunday could be the last appearance in a 49ers uniform for guys like Carlos Hyde, Eric Reid and Tank Carradine.
By James Brady

On Sunday, the San Francisco 49ers will play what will hopefully be an entertaining game against the Los Angeles Rams. It will be the last football featuring this team and it will also be the start of what should be an exciting, but crucial offseason.

A lot of things will need to go right for the 49ers to be the team they want to be in 2017. A lot of decisions will need to be made — who will stay, who will go, who will be drafted, etc. — if the 49ers are to improve. There are so many questions but, truthfully, few answers right now.

All we do know is that Sunday’s game could be the last time we’ll be seeing several notable 49ers players dressed in that uniform. There are some big-name free agents hitting the market, and not a single one of them, outside of Jimmy Garoppolo, is guaranteed to be in San Francisco next season.

Running back Carlos Hyde is the biggest one not named Garoppolo. He’s had a so-so season, but ultimately, his run blocking has been suspect. A pumped up Hyde who might be willing to take less to stick with a 49ers team on the rise could be awesome. Or, he could go elsewhere, where most believe he’ll find success.

Safety Eric Reid would be the next player worth mentioning. Reid was moved to linebacker after both Jimmie Ward and Jaquiski Tartt stood out at safety. Then he was moved back to safety after those two went down, with Adrian Colbert taking over the other spot. Now where does Reid fit? The 49ers have four players they consider starting safeties, so Reid might be on his way out.

Center Daniel Kilgore has been with the 49ers for a long time, and he’s set to hit the open market as well. Kilgore has definitely declined, but he’s been a fixture for awhile.

Tank Carradine, Dontae Johnson and Aaron Lynch will also be hitting the open market, and all three of them are likely to be gone.

I feel the worst about Lynch because I think he’s the most talented pass rusher on the team, but he doesn’t seem to be much of a scheme fit. Carradine finally started to look like he belonged this season, but it’s impossible to gauge how the coaching staff sees his future. Then there is Johnson, who has regressed big times in the last few weeks, enough to find himself out of a job next year.

The 49ers wouldn’t necessarily be a hugely worse team if they lost all those players, but what would be a whole lot of change to deal with in a single offseason.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If we sit our starters AND beat them... :ROFLMAO:

I would never wager that... but it's funny to think how that would change their mood.

Lol, I could imagine the fallout of losing to a team who's basically going to be a preseason version. Instead of going into the season on a high expecting great things next year, they would be trying to convince themselves things will be fine. Gawd I hope Mannion lights them up.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
get

Garappolo nick names

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189918-garappolo-nick-names/page19/

Joe Montana 2.0

Probably should just change the team name from 49ers to Jimmy G.

Starting a new religion with the Book or Jimmy G. It will be full of nothing but Jimmy quotes from early press conferences.
-----------
Jimmy the Butcher because of the way he slices and carves up defenses.
----------
Jimmy GQ will be the one that will stick.
----------
Always been Jimmy GQ up here in New England. I mean the guy is almost as good looking as Tom Brady.
--------
J-lo, because he has a nice ass.
----------
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1...rs-recap-rams-preview-week-17-jimmy-garoppolo

Looking ahead to the Rams
By Scott Geelan

One foe who appears to have been intimidated by the 49ers is the Rams, who will field a weakened team this week. There is clearly a pragmatism to the Rams’ decision making, not seeking to risk players getting injured in what promises to be a physical divisional matchup but there could be other motives at work. They want to face the Eagles and not the Vikings.

They likely will play a vanilla defense, missing its best piece and seeking to avoid Shanahan providing opposition teams with the sort of incriminating film they have on the Jaguars’ defense. Their offense will be limited by the presence of Sean Mannion at the helm.

Perhaps the Rams even have one eye on the draft order and realize that a 49ers’ victory will likely see them drop out of the top ten — almost certainly taking them comfortably out of the running for the truly elite prospects in this year’s draft. Additionally, it potentially reduces the chances of them drafting another All-Pro talent to add to a team with at least a handful of players capable of achieving that level in the near future.

The 49ers have a real chance to win on Sunday against the deliberately short-handed Rams. It should be a last hurrah for a resurgent 49ers. The weakened Rams have much more to play for this season than the pride they’d get by potentially beating a division rival. Better to play a weakened team and probably lose than go at full strength, risk losing and let your playoff opponents get the manual.

I’d like to see a few things on Sunday however, namely continued improvement from everyone, particularly the younger players. Adrian Colbert needs to get a pick, after letting one somehow elude him against the Jaguars. Trent Taylor faces a seriously tough task, going up against one of the best and the most aptly named nickel corner in the league, Nickell Robey-Coleman.

How will George Kittle and the resurgent Kyle Juszczyk (I know he’s not that young but he's also not cheap) do against the Rams’ mobile linebackers? And can Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster finish their seasons on a high?

Thomas won’t have to deal with Andrew Whitworth nor John Sullivan, but Rodger Saffold is still a handful to say the least. Both Thomas and DeForest Buckner could both feast on a weakened Rams offensive line, pad their stats and prepare for a year preferably flush with sacks in 2018.

Finally, let’s hope Marquise Goodwin gets to 1,000 yards on the campaign, I’ll be rooting for him that’s for sure.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This might be the single dumbest freaking article that have ever seen (and I've seen some real dumb ones)...

Agreed. It's "bottom of the barrel" time as we head into week 17. Not much else out there to report on though.

But the man-love for Jimmy G. will be all the more humorous when their idol comes crashing down and 49ers fans figure out it takes an entire team succeeding in all three phases of the game to get to the playoffs.

That said, if 49ers ownership and their coaching staff correctly allocates the massive amount of cap room they will have next season to build an O-line and get some good defensive backs on their team, the old Rams/49ers rivalry will come roaring back for years to come. This Sunday however will not be the beginning of that.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
get

Garappolo nick names

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189918-garappolo-nick-names/page19/

Joe Montana 2.0

Probably should just change the team name from 49ers to Jimmy G.

Starting a new religion with the Book or Jimmy G. It will be full of nothing but Jimmy quotes from early press conferences.
-----------
Jimmy the Butcher because of the way he slices and carves up defenses.
----------
Jimmy GQ will be the one that will stick.
----------
Always been Jimmy GQ up here in New England. I mean the guy is almost as good looking as Tom Brady.
--------
J-lo, because he has a nice ass.
----------
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1...rs-recap-rams-preview-week-17-jimmy-garoppolo

Looking ahead to the Rams
By Scott Geelan

One foe who appears to have been intimidated by the 49ers is the Rams, who will field a weakened team this week. There is clearly a pragmatism to the Rams’ decision making, not seeking to risk players getting injured in what promises to be a physical divisional matchup but there could be other motives at work. They want to face the Eagles and not the Vikings.

They likely will play a vanilla defense, missing its best piece and seeking to avoid Shanahan providing opposition teams with the sort of incriminating film they have on the Jaguars’ defense. Their offense will be limited by the presence of Sean Mannion at the helm.

Perhaps the Rams even have one eye on the draft order and realize that a 49ers’ victory will likely see them drop out of the top ten — almost certainly taking them comfortably out of the running for the truly elite prospects in this year’s draft. Additionally, it potentially reduces the chances of them drafting another All-Pro talent to add to a team with at least a handful of players capable of achieving that level in the near future.

The 49ers have a real chance to win on Sunday against the deliberately short-handed Rams. It should be a last hurrah for a resurgent 49ers. The weakened Rams have much more to play for this season than the pride they’d get by potentially beating a division rival. Better to play a weakened team and probably lose than go at full strength, risk losing and let your playoff opponents get the manual.

I’d like to see a few things on Sunday however, namely continued improvement from everyone, particularly the younger players. Adrian Colbert needs to get a pick, after letting one somehow elude him against the Jaguars. Trent Taylor faces a seriously tough task, going up against one of the best and the most aptly named nickel corner in the league, Nickell Robey-Coleman.

How will George Kittle and the resurgent Kyle Juszczyk (I know he’s not that young but he's also not cheap) do against the Rams’ mobile linebackers? And can Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster finish their seasons on a high?

Thomas won’t have to deal with Andrew Whitworth nor John Sullivan, but Rodger Saffold is still a handful to say the least. Both Thomas and DeForest Buckner could both feast on a weakened Rams offensive line, pad their stats and prepare for a year preferably flush with sacks in 2018.

Finally, let’s hope Marquise Goodwin gets to 1,000 yards on the campaign, I’ll be rooting for him that’s for sure.
What a bunch of crap. Can’t wait to read the headlines when Mannion outperforms Grabmypole and the Rams win