Wells snaps and then points to blitzer . . . no call.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'm so glad that the NFL is being frugal and and spendthrift and keeping the part time ref system.

I mean why have full time refs?

The refs don't want to be full time. Means they can keep their other jobs and get paid.

NFL wanted to make them full time. That's why there was a lockout a couple years back. Well, that was one of the things they were fighting over.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The cards were going crazy with the holds. Why not, I mean teams have seen the freaking game tape. They see the holds on Ram rushers and they see the refs not calling it so why not do it themselves.
That's how teams have been defending the Rams rush all year long. It has nothing to do with out playing the Rams line or a superior plan. It's straight up cheating aided by crappy, corrupt referee's.

I'm not joking about this when I say I'm not going to watch a sport that has crap officiating ruining fair competition and deciding outcomes for much longer...

It was bad yet Arians cried to the press about the Rams Oline grasping at the Cards feet when they were sacking the QB. He has elevated himself to most hated coach in my book.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The refs don't want to be full time. Means they can keep their other jobs and get paid.

NFL wanted to make them full time. That's why there was a lockout a couple years back. Well, that was one of the things they were fighting over.

The NFL needs to start hiring full time refs and phasing out the old guard. Offer incentives for the new guys coming in and as the old guys fade away then refs would eventually be Fulltime.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The NFL needs to start hiring full time refs and phasing out the old guard. Offer incentives for the new guys coming in and as the old guys fade away then refs would eventually be Fulltime.

Nothing like giving incentives to new employees that the rest of the employees don't get to foster a good work environment. How would basically telling all your refs they are going to get screwed then replaced improve performance?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
What made this play more egregious was Mark Barron was flagged for offsides earlier for the exact same thing. He was no more offsides than this guys was, yet the Rams got penalized, AZ didn't.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nothing like giving incentives to new employees that the rest of the employees don't get to foster a good work environment. How would basically telling all your refs they are going to get screwed then replaced improve performance?

It would improve performance of the new ones. Screw the old ones. Most of them suck. I don't know if you can tell but I am not a union guy. There are certain jobs where a union is necessary but part time NFL ref? No.

rams2050

Starter
We got hosed on the officiating -- again. Even the commentators were remarking on it. Of course, these were Rams' commentators. . .

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It would improve performance of the new ones. Screw the old ones. Most of them suck. I don't know if you can tell but I am not a union guy. There are certain jobs where a union is necessary but part time NFL ref? No.

I am a union guy so we'll just stop here. :)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Yeah. But where?
Do you want the circle of life explanation? Certain fish fed off his remains, which then deposited fish droppings upon life forms which feed on those droppings.

In other words, everywhere.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am a union guy so we'll just stop here. :)

No offense intended. I reluctantly had to become unionized and it got us a well deserved raise and benefits. Then as I predicted, a year later the new Governor cut the whole program because it became too expensive. 350 people out of work just like that.