Well, the Rams better damned well get Joyner extended this season...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I’m surprised that they couldn’t get it done earlier, tbh.

The tag could have been avoided altogether. I mean, Joyner’s value and tag price are so close together.

Why wouldn’t Joyner have been all over an offer of $10-11 million per for 5 years with significant g-jack security? Makes no sense.

Here’s the thing. They either extend him this year or they probably lose him next offseason. And let’s face it. Their record of extending in mid-year hasn’t been a good one lately.

That tag must be used for AD for the next 2-3 years. Unless AD and his pos agent come to their senses.

Extending Joyner should be a high priority.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yea a part of me understands the process, but at some point, whether AD or Joyner, Demoff has to build my confidence up with being able to close down home-grown talent contracts.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Yea a part of me understands the process, but at some point, whether AD or Joyner, Demoff has to build my confidence up with being able to close down home-grown talent contracts.

*For the right players ha

…..

Legend
Clearly you are less than satisfied with the Rams and Arron Donald's agent.

Maybe it's time to relax a bit?

Just think Rodney McLoud....he chased money and has all but disappeared over in Philly.

Try to find something to be happy about. I like the Rams direction at the moment.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Joyner's agent no doubt told him to wait to see what the market would give him. With the cap jumping by 10 million each year, agents are always telling their players to hit FA and get max value. NFLPA says the same thing, because it raises contracts for all the other players.

The CBA is really short sighted in this regard to be honest, the bubble is likely to burst at some point.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Totally agree with you. But here's the thing, we don't know what happens behind closed doors. I'm sure the Rams approach these guys during the season and it's tough to say whether the Rams are being cheap or the players(s) are being greedy. Players like Watkins and Tru both went to the obvious high bidders on average teams vs. a competitive salary on a good team. Honestly you can't blame the Rams for that, I'd rather lose a piece than only have that one piece and no other talent around it. We can't overpay for most of these guys or we'll fall into that trap that most teams fall into with good to great players

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Give it a rest with the fifty similar threads a day will ya?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clearly you are less than satisfied with the Rams and Arron Donald's agent.

Maybe it's time to relax a bit?

Just think Rodney McLoud....he chased money and has all but disappeared over in Philly.

Try to find something to be happy about. I like the Rams direction at the moment.

C’mon, Dog.

Nobody loves the Rams more than yours truly.

And I absolutely love the direction that they’re going, man.

But the fact remains that extending Joyner should be a high priority and the clock is ticking.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Give it a rest with the fifty similar threads a day will ya?

You are now dead to me, ScotsRam. Just kidding, of course.

But seriously? Feel free to not read my posts if it makes you feel any better. Won’t bother me a bit. Lol.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I mean, Joyner’s value and tag price are so close together.
What? Show me a world where Joyner "deserves" $11 million a season?
What? Why? Our defense is/was 19th.....Ryan completed like 40 straight passes in his last game...and I think Joyner was out there....We've always been able to find DB talent in the draft in late rounds.
Demoff has to build my confidence up with being able to close down home-grown talent contracts.
Exactly.....What is the priority in negotiations? Just to piss agents off? I'm starting to believe he has a demeaning attitude with agents....and they don't like working with him....I can't think of ONE good player that's signed a second deal with this guy.
He starts....but he isn't some impact player.....neither is Joyner.
I'm sure the Rams approach these guys during the season and it's tough to say whether the Rams are being cheap or the players(s) are being greedy.
Curious, do you know the history of the Rams and re-signing their star players??? It's kinda depressing from a fans prospective....First Dickerson....then Bettis....Hell, Bruce as well....Some in their primes....some aging....we just don't value retaining our home grown veterans.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Curious, do you know the history of the Rams and re-signing their star players??? It's kinda depressing from a fans prospective....First Dickerson....then Bettis....Hell, Bruce as well....Some in their primes....some aging....we just don't value retaining our home grown veterans.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Kevin Greene. One of my all time favorites. It really hurt when he left. The Rams sucked until the GSOT showed up. Talk about a lost decade...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
What? Show me a world where Joyner "deserves" $11 million a season?

What? Why? Our defense is/was 19th.....Ryan completed like 40 straight passes in his last game...and I think Joyner was out there....We've always been able to find DB talent in the draft in late rounds.

Exactly.....What is the priority in negotiations? Just to tick agents off? I'm starting to believe he has a demeaning attitude with agents....and they don't like working with him....I can't think of ONE good player that's signed a second deal with this guy.

He starts....but he isn't some impact player.....neither is Joyner.
Curious, do you know the history of the Rams and re-signing their star players??? It's kinda depressing from a fans prospective....First Dickerson....then Bettis....Hell, Bruce as well....Some in their primes....some aging....we just don't value retaining our home grown veterans.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee, Champ.

Joyner is a top drawer FS, as in top 3-5 depending on who you’re talking to.

I get that you have a hard on for the guy, but c’mon...

And not one good player that’s signed a second deal with this guy?

Saffold
Brockers
Barron
Ogletree
Quinn
Hekker
Zeurlein
McQuaide

And do FA’s count as “second deals”?

Whit
Sully
Woods
Barwin
Webster
NRC

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Buffalo-Bills-vs-St-Louis-Rams_1.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You need to wake up and smell the coffee, Champ.

Joyner is a top drawer FS, as in top 3-5 depending on who you’re talking to.

I get that you have a hard on for the guy, but c’mon...

And not one good player that’s signed a second deal with this guy?

Saffold
Brockers
Barron
Ogletree
Quinn
Hekker
Zeurlein
McQuaide

Top 3-5?????:dizzy::giveup::banghead:

I'll give you Brockers....Hekker & GZ don't really count.....c'mon 43, special teamers???
Saffold was gifted back to us....Barron wasn't ours from the start....forgot about Quinn....and Tree is gone, so does he count? Out of those 4, only Saffold is on a good deal. That is, relative to his play.....and Brockers was an excellent re-sign.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’m surprised that they couldn’t get it done earlier, tbh.

The tag could have been avoided altogether. I mean, Joyner’s value and tag price are so close together.

Why wouldn’t Joyner have been all over an offer of $10-11 million per for 5 years with significant g-jack security? Makes no sense.

Here’s the thing. They either extend him this year or they probably lose him next offseason. And let’s face it. Their record of extending in mid-year hasn’t been a good one lately.

That tag must be used for AD for the next 2-3 years. Unless AD and his pos agent come to their senses.

Their inability to get Joyner signed really pi$$ed me off when the tags came out, and is one of the reasons why I am in wait and see mode with Demoff. Honestly if they can't get dudes like him signed, there's no way this front office is going to be able to handle winning at this level.

Not being able to retain one of your best players happens, it's part of the game. But when you can never sign any of your best players? That points to a whole other problem and one I pray the Rams rectify real soon here.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Their inability to get Joyner signed really pi$$ed me off when the tags came out, and is one of the reasons why I am in wait and see mode with Demoff. Honestly if they can't get dudes like him signed, there's no way this front office is going to be able to handle winning at this level.

Not being able to retain one of your best players happens, it's part of the game. But when you can never sign any of your best players? That points to a whole other problem and one I pray the Rams rectify real soon here.

I take your point, Merlin.

But there seems to be a new trend developing of late. Namely, players not extending as much as they used to, preferring to test the market and just take the best offer. Makes it a helluva lot harder for teams to extend them.

I’m talking about the top tier FA’s here, of course.

Another recent trend is for teams to more actively pursue FA and trades for quick turnarounds instead of relying so much on the draft.

Don’t know if these two trends are related to each other. Maybe a little bit?

Name
Rod
Joyner was a humble kid last year. Thankful for his chance to be here and playing. If he got to be a hard-ass to deal with chalk another missed chance off to Dumoff. He seems to be following a pattern off how to make things difficult for the Rams to sign players long term. Then again he just may be stupid. I think he is supposed to be our capolgist.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Joyner was a humble kid last year. Thankful for his chance to be here and playing. If he got to be a hard-ass to deal with chalk another missed chance off to Dumoff. He seems to be following a pattern off how to make things difficult for the Rams to sign players long term. Then again he just may be stupid. I think he is supposed to be our capolgist.

Easy there. Kevin Demoff is a member here. You can criticize him but "stupid" is a bit harsh. Btw it's "capologist" not "Capolgist." :sneaky:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We don't do that here. That isn't the culture of this board. Next warning gets you a vacation.