Week 9 power rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong. But since we have the same record, but we have lost to them head 2 head, doesn't that put them in first? Like if the season ended today, they would win the division right?
Yes. We are not tied for first. We are in 2nd place due to a tiebreaker.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So because the shecocks traded for an OT that hasnt done much if anything this season, that means their OL is now going to be good? I will admit adding a good OLT can be a tremendous upgrade, but its not like they picked up the best FA at the OLT position DB is no Andrew Whitworth.

Psycho_X

Legend
So because the shecocks traded for an OT that hasnt done much if anything this season, that means their OL is now going to be good? I will admit adding a good OLT can be a tremendous upgrade, but its not like they picked up the best FA at the OLT position DB is no Andrew Whitworth.

Not to mention Duane Brown still won't be blocking Aaron Donald.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn

Duane Brown was holding out, not injured. He played against Seattle the whole game and supposedly played very well.
So it does potentially make the Seahawks better down the Road.

Ram65

Legend
This is funny.

How about

The Rams and Seahawks are tied for 1st place in the NFC West. The Seahawks hold a 1-0 advantage in head to head match up.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Duane Brown was holding out, not injured. He played against Seattle the whole game and supposedly played very well.
So it does potentially make the Seahawks better down the Road.
Didnt realise DB played this week, knew he just ended his holdout. I'm sure he is an upgrade but he is still only 1 of 5 OL that is responsible for trying to protect RW.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And here comes another one from Mike Foolio over at PFT.

Simply amazing... ti would makes sense that you speak about the team being ranked for that slot.

Of course, Foolio (I like that) makes no sense.

He managed to applaud SEA for the move and denigrate the Rams for the same move.

Useless.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
The Rams and Seahawks are tied for 1st place in the NFC West. The Seahawks hold a 1-0 advantage in head to head match up.

Media and NFL will state Seahawks lead the NFC West.

It they add any more it will be something like by way of tiebreaker to the Rams, having beaten them in their own stadium.

Tano

Legend
Tied for first or Seattle in first due to tiebreaker becomes mute by the end of the season because we will be 14 2 and even if Seattle wins the rest of their games, they will be 13 3

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Argument over Rams and Seahawks being tied or not...

giphy.gif

https://www.rotoballer.com/week-9-d...and-starts-2017-fantasy-tiers-rankings/423400

Tier 1 Defenses (The "Duh" DSTs)

2. Los Angeles Rams (@ NYG)

The Rams DST had ripped off three straight double-digit performances heading into their Week 8 bye, and now they get a crack at the Giants, who currently boast the fourth-worst offense in the league. Eli Manning is still without much in the way of weapons outside of Evan Engram and Sterling Shepard, and there is absolutely no run game for the Rams to worry about. This is a high-floor, high-ceiling matchup.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/10/31/nfl-power-rankings-week-9/816127001/

10. Los Angeles Rams (5-2, last time: 11): Maybe the biggest surprise of the season, the Rams are coming off a bye, but have to make that (again) dreaded cross-country trip to play at the Giants at 1 p.m. A classic trap for the No. 9 offense in the league.

https://www.si.com/nfl-power-rankings-2017

8. Los Angeles Rams (5-2)
Last Week’s Rank: 7

Points in MMQB Power Poll: 430

Highest-Place Vote: Fifth

Lowest-Place Vote: 12th

Last Week’s Result: bye week

Week 9 Opponent: at N.Y. Giants

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It won't be good, but solidifying one position helps Seattle, a lot!! Seattle had such an atrocious LT playing and now they have a near probowl level guy...so, yes that is a huge upgrade, and should help them less pititful in pass pro.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After allowing 26.3 points per game over the first four contests of the season, the defense has shut the door, giving up a meager 11.0 ppg in the past three outings. Against the run, Phillips' unit is allowing 85.3 rush yards per game since Week 5. Before Week 5, that figure was at 151.2. Oh, and the defense is primarily responsible for winning the last two games, too.
THIS^^ I really Like!!(y):mrburnsevil:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look at it this way. If the Seahawks and the Rams have identical records the rest of the way - including a tie when they meet next - then the Seahawks will win the division. That is why the normal way of speaking is that the Seahawks are in first.

I suspect if the situation were reversed, everybody here would be saying the Rams were in first.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No they are not, the Seahawks win the tie breaker. So the Rams need to go a Game Up to be in the lead.

Assume the Rams win the game against the Seahawks, but end up tied with them a the end of the Season, then it will move on to Division Win Loss as a Tie Breaker. The Seahawks are 2-0 in the Division tot he Rams 2-1.

Assume they lose against the Seahawks and end up with the tied W/L record the Seahawks win the Division.

So based on those reasons, the Seahawks are #1 and the Rams #2 in the 'race' to win the division.

There is no tie.
False- they are tied for the division lead
There is no tie breaker, the season isnt over.
No assumptions needed, they are both 5-2, that's a tie

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seattle did indeed take over first place in the current NFC west standings.
The Rams are listed 2nd in the NFC west standings at NFL.com.

View attachment 22464

They are tied in overall record, behind in head to head, behind in division record, and behind in Conference record.

Division standings have rules, beginning of season, middle of season, end of season.

I agree that the tie-breakers mean nothing as far as progressing to post season until week 17.
I also saw further down where you replied that the Rams control their own destiny. That is correct. If they finish 14-2 that means they will have beat the Seahawks later in the season, and they will have the best overall record. Same can be said for the Seahawks. They also control their own destiny.

They are in first place in the NFC west.
The only thing we tie them in is Overall Record.

Go Rams.
Rams are tied for 1st place in the NFC west
They win the rest of their games, they win division
Dont need any help

Last edited:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Rams are tied for 1st place in the NFC west
They win the rest of their games, they win division
Dont need any help

Actually, as far a NFC west Week 8 standings go:
Who's on first. What's on second. And I don't know is on third.
The whiners are without a doubt on 4th.

Zero

Pro Bowler
# 2: RAMS

After allowing 26.3 points per game over the first four contests of the season, the defense has shut the door, giving up a meager 11.0 ppg in the past three outings.

This.
Oh and Wade ain't done yet.It will get even better.Bank on that shit.